Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MLB/Umpires discussing expanded Replay.....

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • MLB/Umpires discussing expanded Replay.....

    http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?...s_mlb&c_id=mlb

    Good or bad? And would you all want more replay?
    All it takes for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing. -Unknown

    A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination. -Nelson Mandela

  • #2
    more replay please

    Comment


    • #3
      I think replays on balls/strikes is a bit much. But some plays are so wrong it's ridiculous. Dodgers were robbed earlier this year when the 1st basemans foot was a foot off the bag. The runner was called out. I think we need replays for things like that.

      People talk about how i will waste more time. Well, think about this. When a manager comes out and argues the call that's probably wasting the same amount of time. Might as well get the call right.

      Comment


      • #4
        ^^^

        Difference between the manager arguing with the umpire and using the same time to get the call right is that the manager arguing entertains the fans and gets them into the game. While getting the call right requires thumb twiddling and jeopardy music.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by DodgerBlue8188 View Post
          I think replays on balls/strikes is a bit much. But some plays are so wrong it's ridiculous. Dodgers were robbed earlier this year when the 1st basemans foot was a foot off the bag. The runner was called out. I think we need replays for things like that.
          No we don't. We need competent umpires and umpires who don't have such an ego that they can't ask for help. That one is so correctable it's unbelievable.
          Mike Hopper
          Former Gateway Grizzlies Intern

          Comment


          • #6
            At first I misread the title as "expanded foreplay". Geez, I need to get more sleep!
            My top 10 players:

            1. Babe Ruth
            2. Barry Bonds
            3. Ty Cobb
            4. Ted Williams
            5. Willie Mays
            6. Alex Rodriguez
            7. Hank Aaron
            8. Honus Wagner
            9. Lou Gehrig
            10. Mickey Mantle

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by GiambiJuice View Post
              At first I misread the title as "expanded foreplay". Geez, I need to get more sleep!
              Lol Wut.............
              All it takes for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing. -Unknown

              A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination. -Nelson Mandela

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by GiambiJuice View Post
                At first I misread the title as "expanded foreplay". Geez, I need to get more sleep!
                i'm not sure sleep is what you're lacking.onytails:

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by SOCOM Aggie View Post
                  i'm not sure sleep is what you're lacking.onytails:
                  Well, my wife's been pregnant the past 9 months (she just gave birth to our first child last week) so yes, you are correct. TMI?
                  My top 10 players:

                  1. Babe Ruth
                  2. Barry Bonds
                  3. Ty Cobb
                  4. Ted Williams
                  5. Willie Mays
                  6. Alex Rodriguez
                  7. Hank Aaron
                  8. Honus Wagner
                  9. Lou Gehrig
                  10. Mickey Mantle

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by GiambiJuice View Post
                    Well, my wife's been pregnant the past 9 months (she just gave birth to our first child last week) so yes, you are correct. TMI?
                    Congrats kids are always great
                    All it takes for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing. -Unknown

                    A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination. -Nelson Mandela

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by RaysFan_98 View Post
                      Congrats kids are always great
                      Thank you!
                      My top 10 players:

                      1. Babe Ruth
                      2. Barry Bonds
                      3. Ty Cobb
                      4. Ted Williams
                      5. Willie Mays
                      6. Alex Rodriguez
                      7. Hank Aaron
                      8. Honus Wagner
                      9. Lou Gehrig
                      10. Mickey Mantle

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by GiambiJuice View Post
                        Well, my wife's been pregnant the past 9 months (she just gave birth to our first child last week) so yes, you are correct. TMI?
                        Congrats. And the lack of sleep isn't going to change anytime soon.
                        Dave Bill Tom George Mark Bob Ernie Soupy Dick Alex Sparky
                        Joe Gary MCA Emanuel Sonny Dave Earl Stan
                        Jonathan Neil Roger Anthony Ray Thomas Art Don
                        Gates Philip John Warrior Rik Casey Tony Horace
                        Robin Bill Ernie JEDI

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by quagmire View Post
                          ^^^

                          Difference between the manager arguing with the umpire and using the same time to get the call right is that the manager arguing entertains the fans and gets them into the game. While getting the call right requires thumb twiddling and jeopardy music.
                          Compromise. Have the manager yell at the umpire WHILE the play is being reviewed. Then depending on the decision they all get to laugh at one or the other. Better than the boring NFL red flag.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            No replay. At all. :twocents:
                            "No matter how great you were once upon a time — the years go by, and men forget,” - W. A. Phelon in Baseball Magazine in 1915. “Ross Barnes, forty years ago, was as great as Cobb or Wagner ever dared to be. Had scores been kept then as now, he would have seemed incomparably marvelous.”

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by bluesky5 View Post
                              No replay. At all. :twocents:
                              Why so umps can keep making horrid decisions and have no recourse?
                              All it takes for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing. -Unknown

                              A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination. -Nelson Mandela

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X