Ryan Braun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KevinWI View Post
    *shrug* I like retractable roofs. I like playing games when it rains. And everybody gives the roof credit for the Brewers recent attendance success (3 million fans through the turnstyles in 3 of the last 4 years) because fans can come from Wausau, Wisconsin and know they're going to see a game.
    How many times have the Cardinals been rained out in recent years? And they push 3 million through the turnstyles quite regularly BTW. And have fans driving from all over the Midwest for the game...

There really aren't that many games rained out each year. Not as many as one might think.. And I'm sure the Vikings thought they were safe since they had a dome and all. We see how that worked for them!
    Mike Hopper
    Former Gateway Grizzlies Intern

Comment

Originally posted by Bulldog19 View Post
      How many times have the Cardinals been rained out in recent years? And they push 3 million through the turnstyles quite regularly BTW. And have fans driving from all over the Midwest for the game...

There really aren't that many games rained out each year. Not as many as one might think.. And I'm sure the Vikings thought they were safe since they had a dome and all. We see how that worked for them!
      Different fanbases. Besides, as everybody loves to point out, Milwaukee is technically the smallest city with an MLB franchise. So, it's a bit more an achievement to draw 3 million fans. Especially considering they were having trouble drawing 2 million not too long ago after the debacle of the 102-loss season.

Comment

what other dome has the idiotic shadow problems milwaukee has?
        1. The more I learn, the more convinced I am that many players are over-rated due to inflated stats from offensive home parks (and eras)
        2. Strat-O-Matic Baseball Player, Collector and Hobbyist since 1969, visit my strat site: http://forums.delphiforums.com/GamersParadise
        3. My table top gaming blog: http://cary333.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by 9RoyHobbsRF View Post
          what other dome has the idiotic shadow problems milwaukee has?
          Miller Park's roof is one-of-a-kind. While the other retractable roofs are just big square plates, Miller's roof is a curved fan design.

Comment

Different fanbases. Besides, as everybody loves to point out, Milwaukee is technically the smallest city with an MLB franchise. So, it's a bit more an achievement to draw 3 million fans. Especially considering they were having trouble drawing 2 million not too long ago after the debacle of the 102-loss season.
            Well yeah you're going to have a hard time drawing fans when you suck year in and year out. It's been said for quite some time about how bad this Central Division is and you've won it once?

Cardinal fans expect and demand competitive teams year in and year out. And they show up which allows the team to go out and spend money.

Baseball is an outdoor sport. Play it outdoors. And if you must have a retractable dome, then rules need to be put in place (and enforced) that specify exactly when that dome can be closed. I'm tired of the Brewers and Astros using their dome for a home-field advantage.
            Mike Hopper

Comment

Well yeah you're going to have a hard time drawing fans when you suck year in and year out. It's been said for quite some time about how bad this Central Division is and you've won it once?

Cardinal fans expect and demand competitive teams year in and year out. And they show up which allows the team to go out and spend money
              More bush league insults?

Comment

Truth hurts?
                Mike Hopper

Comment

Truth hurts?
                  I'm more than willing to discuss my team's history honestly, but you're acting like a child with the constant insults.

I though Cardinals fans had more class. I think most do.
                  Last edited by milladrive; 05-29-2012, 07:26 AM. Reason: Removed profane personal insult.

Comment

Originally posted by 9RoyHobbsRF View Post
                    what other dome has the idiotic shadow problems Milwaukee has?
                    Exactly. I wasn't ranting about domes, only Miller's "fan and glass wall" design, which obviously wasn't thought out very well from a players perspective.
                    I see great things in baseball. It's our game - the American game.
                    - Walt Whitman

Comment

Anyway, going back to Braun...

For many fans, his name is already ruined. There is little proof of wrongdoing that would have led to the drug test being tainted and forged. He got off on a technicality and that's that. Unfortunately PEDs have become a part of the game of baseball and it's not isolated to Ryan Braun.

He's a ballplayer that many fans would love to have on their team. They will always find something to criticize him for since he's not on their team, but the moment he would join their team he'd be the greatest thing ever. There are plenty of those players out there-- ARod, Albert, Braun, Bonds, Hamilton, Phillips, etc...
                      Mike Hopper

Comment

Miller Park's roof is one-of-a-kind.
                        Great. So they managed to design a one-of-a-kind roof that players hate more than any other day game dome. Congrats to the engineers.

The Edsel was one-of-a-kind too. Sometimes one-of-a-kind stinks.
                        - Walt Whitman

Comment

He's a ballplayer that many fans would love to have on their team. They will always find something to criticize him for since he's not on their team, but the moment he would join their team he'd be the greatest thing ever. There are plenty of those players out there-- ARod, Albert, Braun, Bonds, Hamilton, Phillips, etc...
                          At least ARod and Hamilton have come clean. I have a lot more respect for people who admit their mistakes than those who feign innocence and try to sweep it under the rug.
                          - Walt Whitman

Comment

Designing a stadium that does not cause problems when the sun is out isn't that hard to do. How a Brewer fan can defend Braun's position (who was requesting the roof be in a certain position to IMPROVE batting) while simultaneously ignoring the repercussions of said changes on defenders on both teams is very shortsided.

"It's the same for both teams!!!! Is absolutely correct. It's crappy and bad engineering/design for both.

They got the sausage race track PERFECT though.
                            Last edited by StanTheMan; 05-28-2012, 08:47 PM.
                            "Herman Franks to Sal Yvars to Bobby Thomson. Ralph Branca to Bobby Thomson to Helen Rita... cue Russ Hodges."

Comment

I though Cardinals fans had more class. I think most do, you're just a prick.
                              Now it's getting all pot and kettle.

Until a mod erases it....
                              "Herman Franks to Sal Yvars to Bobby Thomson. Ralph Branca to Bobby Thomson to Helen Rita... cue Russ Hodges."

Comment

Originally posted by StanTheMan View Post
                                Now it's getting all pot and kettle.

Until a mod erases it....
                                I don't intentionally say insulting things to provoke people. I have more class than he does. I know I give the Cubs a hard time sometimes, but I also generally respect all the teams and their fans.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X