Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

milwaukee does have a great beer and baseball history no question\

Originally posted by KevinWI View Post
    lol, okay. Whatever you say. I think it's a cool park with a cool rustic design that matches the breweries and factories from Milwaukee's history, and I like the roof, but whatever you think.
    1. The more I learn, the more convinced I am that many players are over-rated due to inflated stats from offensive home parks (and eras)
    2. Strat-O-Matic Baseball Player, Collector and Hobbyist since 1969, visit my strat site: http://forums.delphiforums.com/GamersParadise
    3. My table top gaming blog: http://cary333.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by KevinWI View Post
      So you guys would weld steel plates over the windows? That would look like crap.
      Agreed. Good thing no one even came close to suggesting it.
      "Herman Franks to Sal Yvars to Bobby Thomson. Ralph Branca to Bobby Thomson to Helen Rita... cue Russ Hodges."

Comment

Originally posted by StanTheMan View Post
        Agreed. Good thing no one even came close to suggesting it.
        It's easy to complain about the sunshine, but there's no easy way to fix it.

Comment

You guys are arguing over people arguing over the shadows at Miller Park?
          AL East Champions: 1981 1982
          AL Pennant: 1982
          NL Central Champions: 2011
          NL Wild Card: 2008

"It was like coming this close to your dreams and then watching them brush past you like a stranger in a crowd. At the time you don't think much of it; you know, we just don't recognize the significant moments of our lives while they're happening. Back then I thought, 'Well, there'll be other days.' I didn't realize that that was the only day." - Moonlight Graham

Comment

Originally posted by The Dude View Post
            You guys are arguing over people arguing over the shadows at Miller Park?
            Just the Ryan Braun part...
            "Herman Franks to Sal Yvars to Bobby Thomson. Ralph Branca to Bobby Thomson to Helen Rita... cue Russ Hodges."

Comment

As good a photo as any for understanding the unique roof at Miller as well as the glass underneath it.

This is what hitters hate... P in sunlight, throwing into the shadows at the plate, making picking up spin on the ball difficult. A Met on the mound, photo from a Brewers blog, stating the photo is from Miller, so I went with it. This type of situation happens in many parks to some extent.

This is simply poor design... But is it? The glass is needed for sunlight to allow grass to grow properly?

Even fully closed, the shadows are unique... Did you know Miller is NOT air conditioned? I didn't.

Last edited by StanTheMan; 05-29-2012, 09:03 AM.

Comment

New thread on the topic of shadows...

Comment

I would never give him an MVP vote again. He is only on a low borderline hall of fame trajectory anyway. He is a good baserunner and a very solid corner outfielder but he's 28 this year and not half way to a HOF level yet.

Comment

Originally posted by StanTheMan View Post
                    Even fully closed, the shadows are unique... Did you know Miller is NOT air conditioned? I didn't.
                    It isn't. It does having heating but no air conditioning. The system does have the HVAC ducts in place should the team ever want to install air conditioning in the future, though. Considering that the Astros used the air conditioning at the old AstroDome to knock down opposing fly balls, the NL Central should be happy about this.

They have closed the roof a few times during day games in excessive heat and it does help a bit just to be out of the sun.

Comment

Originally posted by brett View Post
                      I would never give him an MVP vote again. He is only on a low borderline hall of fame trajectory anyway. He is a good baserunner and a very solid corner outfielder but he's 28 this year and not half way to a HOF level yet.
                      What does his Hall of Fame trajectory have to do with whether you would ever him him an MVP vote?
                      My top 10 players:

1. Babe Ruth
                      2. Barry Bonds
                      3. Ty Cobb
                      4. Ted Williams
                      5. Willie Mays
                      6. Alex Rodriguez
                      7. Hank Aaron
                      8. Honus Wagner
                      9. Lou Gehrig
                      10. Mickey Mantle

Comment

Originally posted by GiambiJuice View Post
                        What does his Hall of Fame trajectory have to do with whether you would ever him him an MVP vote?
                        I first thought that I would not give him an MVP vote. Then I wrote that I would not. Then I wondered whether I would vote for him for the hall of fame, and decided that he wasn't really on track anyway, so what's what I wrote. I probably would actually vote for him though but I'd like to hear an explanation of the test results.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X