X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Richard
    • Aug 2007

Ryan Braun

Has he been vindicated? He is hitting over .300 with power in a weaker line up this season.
  • jnakamura
    • Oct 2008

Braun was a very good player who got caught using a banned substance and got off on a technicality. However well he continues to play vindicates nothing.
    I see great things in baseball. It's our game - the American game.
    - Walt Whitman

Comment

• EdTarbusz
      091707 0657
      • Jul 2007

I doubt if he will be vindicated during his playing days.

Comment

• SamtheBravesFan
        Braves Fan For Life
        • Nov 2005

He'll never be vindicated, even if he is playing clean now.
        46 wins to match last year's total

Comment

• ol' aches and pains
          A Gametime Decision
          • Apr 2008

I thought I heard or read somewhere when Braun got off, that the arbitrator was going to submit a written report, detailing exactly what happened that led to his decision to overturn the suspension, and that the report would be made public. Instead, the arbitrator was fired, and the report has never surfaced, to my knowledge.
          They call me Mr. Baseball. Not because of my love for the game; because of all the stitches in my head.

Comment

• 9RoyHobbsRF
            The Natural
            • Jan 2009

The Giants team and announcers were miffed that Braun both:

1) complained when a decision was made to open or close the roof (whichever makes hitting harder)
            2) his constant attempts to infuence when the the roof is open or closed (whichever makes hitting easier)\

they basically felt he should shut up and play and not worry about which stadium configuration will help his personal stats

from my own view, I thought he was a little show boating when Bumgarner, who had dominated the Brewers all game, was left in the 8th inning with 2 outs and then there was an error (most everybody thought Bochy should have brought in Romo), he had handled Braun easily all day then hung a 1-2 slider, the really only bad pitch he threw all game and Braun jacked it out for a 2 run game tieing homer (the Giants won in extra innings), but Braun did a real celebration before he even left the batters box. I though it was pretty bush but I really dont like him anyway

and this is the same team that did the fielder choreographed walk off celebration which was as classless and unprofessional as anything ever done on a diamond
            Last edited by 9RoyHobbsRF; 05-27-2012, 10:44 PM.
            1. The more I learn, the more convinced I am that many players are over-rated due to inflated stats from offensive home parks (and eras)
            2. Strat-O-Matic Baseball Player, Collector and Hobbyist since 1969, visit my strat site: http://forums.delphiforums.com/GamersParadise
            3. My table top gaming blog: http://cary333.blogspot.com/

Comment

• StanTheMan
              Back after a decade or so
              • Jan 2006

Originally posted by Richard View Post
              Has he been vindicated? He is hitting over .300 with power in a weaker line up this season.
              No. Not even close.
              "Herman Franks to Sal Yvars to Bobby Thomson. Ralph Branca to Bobby Thomson to Helen Rita... cue Russ Hodges."

Comment

• fenrir
                • May 2007

He will never be vindicated, regardless of his production.

Once you are linked to steroids, especially by a positive test, you are pretty much "tainted" forever.

Comment

• StanTheMan
                  • Jan 2006

Originally posted by fenrir View Post
                  He will never be vindicated, regardless of his production.

Once you are linked to steroids, especially by a positive test, you are pretty much "tainted" forever.

As it should be.
                  "Herman Franks to Sal Yvars to Bobby Thomson. Ralph Branca to Bobby Thomson to Helen Rita... cue Russ Hodges."

Comment

• KevinWI
                    #271 all-time BBF poster
                    • Aug 2007

Originally posted by 9RoyHobbsRF View Post
                    The Giants team and announcers were miffed that Braun both:

1) complained when a decision was made to open or close the roof (whichever makes hitting harder)
                    2) his constant attempts to infuence when the the roof is open or closed (whichever makes hitting easier)\

they basically felt he should shut up and play and not worry about which stadium configuration will help his personal stats
                    Braun (and when he was here, Prince Fielder) have been complaining about the sun shining in the batter's eyes for about 3 years now. The Brewers have kept one half of the roof half-closed for about 2 seasons now. I don't know what you're whining about now. It's the same situation for both teams. It's not like they're opening or closing the roof just when Braun comes to base.

from my own view, I thought he was a little show boating when Bumgarner, who had dominated the Brewers all game, was left in the 8th inning with 2 outs and then there was an error (most everybody thought Bochy should have brought in Romo), he had handled Braun easily all day then hung a 1-2 slider, the really only bad pitch he threw all game and Braun jacked it out for a 2 run game tieing homer (the Giants won in extra innings), but Braun did a real celebration before he even left the batters box. I though it was pretty bush but I really dont like him anyway
                    But, as you say, you don't like Braun, so whatever he does, you don't like. I'm sure Braun could give $100,000 to charity and you'd find something to complain about it. Sounds to me like you're just butt-hurt that Bumgarner didn't completely shutout Braun.

and this is the same team that did the fielder choreographed walk off celebration which was as classless and unprofessional as anything ever done on a diamond
                    Oh boy, here we go again.

Comment

• StanTheMan
                      • Jan 2006

Was the walk off celebration in foul territory or on the diamond?

Comment

• KevinWI
                        #271 all-time BBF poster
                        • Aug 2007

Originally posted by StanTheMan View Post
                        Was the walk off celebration in foul territory or on the diamond?
                        Kind of all over home plate. It was the whole team standing around home plate and the batters box.

Comment

• 9RoyHobbsRF
                          The Natural
                          • Jan 2009

it was choreographed and all the players were around the plate and when Fielder touched home they all fell down in sync like a women's syncronized swimming team and he bowed and raised his arms like he was a god

bush league classless and I recall they were a losing team that year they were 65-70 at the time

Originally posted by KevinWI View Post
                          Kind of all over home plate. It was the whole team standing around home plate and the batters box.
                          Last edited by 9RoyHobbsRF; 05-28-2012, 04:06 PM.
                          1. The more I learn, the more convinced I am that many players are over-rated due to inflated stats from offensive home parks (and eras)
                          2. Strat-O-Matic Baseball Player, Collector and Hobbyist since 1969, visit my strat site: http://forums.delphiforums.com/GamersParadise

Comment

• 9RoyHobbsRF
                            The Natural
                            • Jan 2009

i guess you cant read

i said THE GIANTS PLAYERS AND ANNOUNCERS were miffed at Braun whining about the roof thing all the time

Comment

• Bulldog19
                              • Apr 2009

The problem is if Braun complains about the roof or lighting, something gets done about it. If another team complains about it, that team is just full of whiners.

MLB needs regulations on these stupid retractable stadiums.
                              Mike Hopper
                              Former Gateway Grizzlies Intern

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X