Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Harrelson Pierzynski flap

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Latest Harrelson Pierzynski flap

    two of the more controversial personalities in baseball

    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...l?sct=obinsite
    1. The more I learn, the more convinced I am that many players are over-rated due to inflated stats from offensive home parks (and eras)
    2. Strat-O-Matic Baseball Player, Collector and Hobbyist since 1969, visit my strat site: http://forums.delphiforums.com/GamersParadise
    3. My table top gaming blog: http://cary333.blogspot.com/

  • #2
    http://www.raysindex.com/2012/05/haw...ted-video.html

    harrelsons rant
    1. The more I learn, the more convinced I am that many players are over-rated due to inflated stats from offensive home parks (and eras)
    2. Strat-O-Matic Baseball Player, Collector and Hobbyist since 1969, visit my strat site: http://forums.delphiforums.com/GamersParadise
    3. My table top gaming blog: http://cary333.blogspot.com/

    Comment


    • #3
      Hawk Harrelson is a fool. I feel sorry for White Sox fans.
      My top 10 players:

      1. Babe Ruth
      2. Barry Bonds
      3. Ty Cobb
      4. Ted Williams
      5. Willie Mays
      6. Alex Rodriguez
      7. Hank Aaron
      8. Honus Wagner
      9. Lou Gehrig
      10. Mickey Mantle

      Comment


      • #4
        A few thoughts -
        1. my own opinion - I cannot stand Harrelson, biggest homer there is
        2. what would Harrelson opinion have been if it was a Rays pitcher being thrown out - I guarantee it wouldnt have been the same reaction (see #1)
        3. American League umpire? Didnt realize those still existed - dont they umpire American and National League now?
        4. They are accountable Harrelson, for same reason he through your guy out of the game...curious if both benches were warned before the game though

        Comment


        • #5
          stick your foot in your mouth - yesss
          1. The more I learn, the more convinced I am that many players are over-rated due to inflated stats from offensive home parks (and eras)
          2. Strat-O-Matic Baseball Player, Collector and Hobbyist since 1969, visit my strat site: http://forums.delphiforums.com/GamersParadise
          3. My table top gaming blog: http://cary333.blogspot.com/

          Comment


          • #6
            That's fairly mild for Harrelson. You should have heard him the day Joe West called two balks on Mark Buehrle (who never balks) and ejected Buehrle and Ozzie Guillen.
            They call me Mr. Baseball. Not because of my love for the game; because of all the stitches in my head.

            Comment


            • #7
              He is a tard AJ slide hard in the game before and spiked Ben Zorbirst and the Rays retaliated by plunking him that game then they tried to start up some new crap and there pitcher got tossed for it.
              Last edited by RaysFan_98; 06-01-2012, 01:42 PM.
              All it takes for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing. -Unknown

              A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination. -Nelson Mandela

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Cap78 View Post
                A few thoughts -
                1. my own opinion - I cannot stand Harrelson, biggest homer there is
                2. what would Harrelson opinion have been if it was a Rays pitcher being thrown out - I guarantee it wouldnt have been the same reaction (see #1)
                3. American League umpire? Didnt realize those still existed - dont they umpire American and National League now?
                4. They are accountable Harrelson, for same reason he through your guy out of the game...curious if both benches were warned before the game though
                No neither side was warned before hand at least that i know of.
                All it takes for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing. -Unknown

                A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination. -Nelson Mandela

                Comment


                • #9
                  Lol @ Ben "Zorbirts".
                  My top 10 players:

                  1. Babe Ruth
                  2. Barry Bonds
                  3. Ty Cobb
                  4. Ted Williams
                  5. Willie Mays
                  6. Alex Rodriguez
                  7. Hank Aaron
                  8. Honus Wagner
                  9. Lou Gehrig
                  10. Mickey Mantle

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by GiambiJuice View Post
                    Lol @ Ben "Zorbirts".
                    I come on during work while i am doing other things lol so i type super fast when at work and don't check lol
                    All it takes for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing. -Unknown

                    A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination. -Nelson Mandela

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by RaysFan_98 View Post
                      He is a tard AJ slide hard in the game before and spiked Ben Zorbirst and the Rays retaliated by plunking him that game then they tried to start up some new crap and there pitcher got tossed for it.
                      The Rays pitchers hit two Whitesox hitters and buzzed another up near the face area. I dont think the Whitesox were way out of line. I'll admit Harrelson can get a little goofy but I hardly feel the Whitesox are a bunch of headhunters. Last year Sox hitters were hit by somewhere around 90 pitches and Whitesox pitchers hit I think 44 hitters.

                      I dont know alot about the Rays but I hear all the time how they're in goofy fights with either the Yankees or Redsox so they dont seem like they are a bunch of victims.
                      "(Shoeless Joe Jackson's fall from grace is one of the real tragedies of baseball. I always thought he was more sinned against than sinning." -- Connie Mack

                      "I have the ultimate respect for Whitesox fans. They were as miserable as the Cubs and Redsox fans ever were but always had the good decency to keep it to themselves. And when they finally won the World Series, they celebrated without annoying every other fan in the country."--Jim Caple, ESPN (Jan. 12, 2011)

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I don't mind when an announcer roots. It's not my preferred style--I grew up with The Vin, who doesn't do that--but I know it's popular with a lot of people. But how any fan can stand an announcer who can't even call a game properly because he's too busy being a toady for his team is beyond me.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by chicagowhitesox1173 View Post
                          The Rays pitchers hit two Whitesox hitters and buzzed another up near the face area. I dont think the Whitesox were way out of line. I'll admit Harrelson can get a little goofy but I hardly feel the Whitesox are a bunch of headhunters. Last year Sox hitters were hit by somewhere around 90 pitches and Whitesox pitchers hit I think 44 hitters.

                          I dont know alot about the Rays but I hear all the time how they're in goofy fights with either the Yankees or Redsox so they dont seem like they are a bunch of victims.
                          I only saw AJ getting hit and getting buzzed up and in is apart of the game. And No we only fight the sox when they decide to start plunking our players at will lol
                          All it takes for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing. -Unknown

                          A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination. -Nelson Mandela

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by RaysFan_98 View Post
                            I only saw AJ getting hit and getting buzzed up and in is apart of the game. And No we only fight the sox when they decide to start plunking our players at will lol
                            I think that Joe Madden still holds a grudge from the 2005 playoff series when he was a Angels coach and A.J pulled that droped third strike deal which cost the game for the Angels. Although i'm sure A.J. Pierszynski more than likely slid hard into Zobrist but thats part of the game too.
                            "(Shoeless Joe Jackson's fall from grace is one of the real tragedies of baseball. I always thought he was more sinned against than sinning." -- Connie Mack

                            "I have the ultimate respect for Whitesox fans. They were as miserable as the Cubs and Redsox fans ever were but always had the good decency to keep it to themselves. And when they finally won the World Series, they celebrated without annoying every other fan in the country."--Jim Caple, ESPN (Jan. 12, 2011)

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by chicagowhitesox1173 View Post
                              I think that Joe Madden still holds a grudge from the 2005 playoff series when he was a Angels coach and A.J pulled that droped third strike deal which cost the game for the Angels. Although i'm sure A.J. Pierszynski more than likely slid hard into Zobrist but thats part of the game too.
                              Spiking him and sliding with your cleats/spikes up and into a guy is not apart of the game thats dirty Joe Maddon doesn't seem like the guy to hold grudges one of the most respected and well liked managers in baseball doesn't seem like the type of guy.
                              Last edited by RaysFan_98; 06-01-2012, 07:17 PM.
                              All it takes for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing. -Unknown

                              A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination. -Nelson Mandela

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X