X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rich the Giants fan
    replied
    Originally posted by GiambiJuice View Post
    Ortiz is a steroid abuser. Let's not use him as an example.
    If I can't used steroid users, then I have very few examples left.

Leave a comment:

• Rich the Giants fan
    replied
    Originally posted by Cap78 View Post
    The fact that he may not know where he is playing from day to day may play some mental part...yes I realize there are numerous players playing numerous positions, but Gonzalez does not normally play outfield, and he is a very good defensive first baseman...plus, lots of turmoil with the team this year and some spilled from end of last year that is probably distracting as well...I will call it the Bobby Valentine Effect
    He's played 18 games in the OF, mostly in Interleague play in order to get Big Papi's bat in the lineup (you know, the Red Sox player that was declared dead and gone a couple of years ago), and 72 at first base.

Leave a comment:

• GiambiJuice
    replied
    Originally posted by Rich the Giants fan View Post
    Are players not allowed to slump anymore? David Ortiz struggles and he's declared (prematurely) done. Albert Pujols slumps and is declared (prematurely) done. Now Adrian Gonzalez is done? At 30? I don't think so.
    Ortiz is a steroid abuser. Let's not use him as an example.

Leave a comment:

• Rich the Giants fan
    replied
    Are players not allowed to slump anymore? David Ortiz struggles and he's declared (prematurely) done. Albert Pujols slumps and is declared (prematurely) done. Now Adrian Gonzalez is done? At 30? I don't think so.

Leave a comment:

• snowpupy92000
    replied
    Gonzalez not fat or lazy, just not good now

Originally posted by JR Hart View Post
    Is he done? He's god awful. His slugging is almost below .400. What happened? Has he just had it?
    Gonzalez is not fat or lazy, he just is struggling. Sometimes players do that. I know we expect 30-40 HR's and a .320 batting average, but don't be surprised if you end up with something more like 25 and bat .285. It happens, trust me, Adam Dunn knows it does, or how about Adrian Beltre, ask Cal Ripken, it happened to him about 5 times. Sometimes you just don't have it and it's a season long struggle. Kirby Puckett batted .339 in 1989. In 1990 he was in the low .280's until August when he went on a tear and ended up at .298, 20 points below what became is career average. It just happens and Gonzalez is having it just happen. In 1971, Hank Aaron batted .265 with 34 HR's and 77 RBI's, sounds good right, but not considering the year before batted .327 with 47 HR's and 118 RBI's. I wonder how many people said he didn't have it anymore.

Leave a comment:

• Imgran
    replied
    Originally posted by Zito75 View Post
    He's an underachiever... He's regressed since peaking in 2007. Another product of fat contracts and no incentive to play hard...
    That's the thing that disgusts me about this team. They make their people comfortable, and then are surprised when they don't strive.

NEVER make a ballplayer comfortable. EVER. ALWAYS give them something to fight for.

Leave a comment:

• UnderPressure
    replied
    I want to know what Mayor Menino thinks of the struggles of Aaron Gonzalez since moving to Boston.

Leave a comment:

• Evangelion
    replied
    Something about Boston. Every veteran who goes there for big money becomes a fat lazy oaf.

See...

Beckett
    Crawford
    Lackey
    Adrian Gonzalez

Etc....
    John Lackey was a fat lazy oaf before he came to Boston.

Anyway...

Why Adrian Gonzalez's power has just disappear is a mystery to me. It's not even being heavily focus on in Boston either and even with the team doing fine, he's not even being booed at Fenway, at least from what I notice. Honestly, no clue what's going on with Gonzalez since he's not that old, he's not really suffering from the Boston pressure that Crawford was getting a load of last year. His power just disappeared all of a sudden. I would blame all the shifting in position, but this problem has been occurring since second half of 2011, so I won't even use that as a reasoning. I'm not ready to call him washed up, but I am concerned.

Leave a comment:

• GiambiJuice
    replied
    Originally posted by Mike D. View Post
    Then what's something that NY and Boston share that we can blame it on? Amtrak?
    Let's go with Mike Bloomberg.

Leave a comment:

• Mike D.
    replied
    Absolutely.
    Then what's something that NY and Boston share that we can blame it on? Amtrak?

Leave a comment:

• GiambiJuice
    replied
    Couldn't you cherry-pick a similar list for NY?
    Absolutely.

Leave a comment:

• RaysFan_98
    replied

Mark Teixeira

Kevin Brown

AJ Burnett

Or do those guys get a pass because they're not "roid heads"?

Oh...wait.
    Lol.... Thats great

Leave a comment:

• Mike D.
    replied
    Something about Boston. Every veteran who goes there for big money becomes a fat lazy oaf.

See...

Beckett
    Crawford
    Lackey
    Adrian Gonzalez

Etc....

Mark Teixeira

Kevin Brown

AJ Burnett

Or do those guys get a pass because they're not "roid heads"?

Oh...wait.

Leave a comment:

• Honus Wagner Rules
    replied
    Originally posted by Blackout View Post
    Pedro wasn't a veteran when he went there

he was still rather young
    Yes, he was a veteran. Pedro was 65-36 W-L, 3.00 ERA, 140 ERA+, 912.1 IP when he arrived in Boston in 1998.

Leave a comment:

• Dude Paskert
    replied
    Originally posted by dominik View Post
    He had a big loss of power since the 2011 ASG. till the break he showed good power hitting 17 HRs and slg .591. after the break he hit only 10 and slg under .500. something happened there and it seems like it got worse.
    Adrian ran into John Henry at that ASG and didn't like it when he said, "You've been very well behaved lately, Manny."

Leave a comment:

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X