has the NL figured out Tim Lincecum?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• has the NL figured out Tim Lincecum?

his ERA's the past 2 and a half years are very disappointing compared to his previous years. in fact this year he flat out sucks.

will he ever post another dominate season?

All I know is he's been killing my fantasy team :-(
    My top 10 players:

1. Babe Ruth
    2. Barry Bonds
    3. Ty Cobb
    4. Ted Williams
    5. Willie Mays
    6. Alex Rodriguez
    7. Hank Aaron
    8. Honus Wagner
    9. Lou Gehrig
    10. Mickey Mantle

Comment

The word from years back was that his motion would catch up with him, injury-wise.
      Could this be the root problem; a injury?

Comment

Just watching Lincecum throw makes my elbow hurt, but people tell me his dad the rocket scientist designed his delivery with durability in mind, so who knows?
        They call me Mr. Baseball. Not because of my love for the game; because of all the stitches in my head.

Comment

I just keep hearing from analysts that the big problem is that his velocity is down by about 3 mph

Comment

so the ganja has nothing to do with it?

Comment

Originally posted by Blackout View Post
              so the ganja has nothing to do with it?
              well he does eat like a seven thousand calories a day, so...

Comment

Originally posted by Cap78 View Post
                well he does eat like a seven thousand calories a day, so...
                I read somewhere (I believe ESPN) that he recently cut down on the junk he eats.

Comment

Lincecum seems to be becoming more and more average. He's still a cromulent pitcher, but he's definitely not what he used to be.
                  Last edited by Cowtipper; 06-10-2012, 11:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowtipper View Post
                    Lincecum seems to becoming more and more average. He's still a cromulent pitcher, but he's definitely not what he used to be.
                    Who uses this word? Wasnt even aware it was one

Comment

Simpson's reference I think...
                      RIP - HGF [1937-2009]

Comment

Originally posted by brewcrew82 View Post
                        Simpson's reference I think...
                        LOL yep. He is no longer cromulent and possibly heading towards craptacular.

Comment

The Giants are 2-10 in games Lincecum started

They are 32-16 in all other games and this is without their best hitter for 5 weeks, their 2B on the DL the whole season and their all star closer on the DL since about game 3 and literally no production at all from first base

in fact for a few days their all star closer was out, their #2 closer (Casilla) was out and their #3 closer (Romo) was out .... all at once

if they had normal production from first base (say .280 with 10 home runs) they would be frightful
                          Last edited by 9RoyHobbsRF; 06-10-2012, 10:50 AM.
                          1. The more I learn, the more convinced I am that many players are over-rated due to inflated stats from offensive home parks (and eras)
                          2. Strat-O-Matic Baseball Player, Collector and Hobbyist since 1969, visit my strat site: http://forums.delphiforums.com/GamersParadise
                          3. My table top gaming blog: http://cary333.blogspot.com/

Comment

but his starts have been weird

take the last start vs the Padres

one inning he gave up 4 runs on four hits and a walk, the other five innings he allowed one hit and no walks

he has been snake bit by one big inning almost every start, but almost dominating the other innings
                            Last edited by 9RoyHobbsRF; 06-10-2012, 11:11 AM.
                            1. The more I learn, the more convinced I am that many players are over-rated due to inflated stats from offensive home parks (and eras)
                            2. Strat-O-Matic Baseball Player, Collector and Hobbyist since 1969, visit my strat site: http://forums.delphiforums.com/GamersParadise

Comment

just saw this stat

Lincecum with runners in scoring position hitters are hitting .330

and these include some big hits to really low quailty players like Gwynn JR of the Dodgers who hit an 0-2 pitch for a bases loaded triple and he gave up a big home run to some scrub I think for the marlins

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X