Is anyone going to fanfest in KC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is anyone going to fanfest in KC?

Was wondering if anyone is planning on attending Fanfest, looking for a good hotel and a place to get a great steak.

Originally posted by Santoball View Post
    Was wondering if anyone is planning on attending Fanfest, looking for a good hotel and a place to get a great steak.
    steak in KC? Get some bbq

Comment

+1 on the BBQ! If I go it'll be a road trip from Denver. I'd like to but we'll see.

Comment

Hey, KC has some of the best beef, period.

Which former Royals will be there?
        Dave Bill Tom George Mark Bob Ernie Soupy Dick Alex Sparky
        Joe Gary MCA Emanuel Sonny Dave Earl Stan
        Jonathan Neil Roger Anthony Ray Thomas Art Don
        Gates Philip John Warrior Rik Casey Tony Horace
        Robin Bill Ernie JEDI

Comment

I hate pork period, so if I was going to KC, I would look for beef BBQ or just get a steak.

Comment

It looks like tuesday alot of royals will be there, no george brett as of yet. Go to fanfest website, they have a list. I'm going monday, unfortunately the Hawk will be there on wk end. Best rt fielder to wear cub blue.

Comment

Originally posted by KevinWI View Post
              I hate pork period, so if I was going to KC, I would look for beef BBQ or just get a steak.
              Beef Brisket was the most popular BBQ choice when I lived in TX, I'd guess KC would be the same.
              "If I drink whiskey, I'll never get worms!" - Hack Wilson

Comment

I bet the steaks would be good there. Although I remember eating a steak in Texas once and it wasn't very good and it was supposly a top steak eatery. I guess the steaks in Texas are grass fed or corn fed (I cant remember which) which makes em taste different. I guess I wasn't used to how they make em down there. I have had some pretty bad steaks in Chicago too though so maybe I picked a bad spot.

It's strange in Milwaukee the bratwursts are suppose to be really good and I wasn't too impressed by em. I honestly think a regular Johnsonville brat is better than any ones i've had in Wisconsin. Although in Milwaukee there is a restaurant near the stadium and i've never had a better hamburger than what this place had.
                "(Shoeless Joe Jackson's fall from grace is one of the real tragedies of baseball. I always thought he was more sinned against than sinning." -- Connie Mack

"I have the ultimate respect for Whitesox fans. They were as miserable as the Cubs and Redsox fans ever were but always had the good decency to keep it to themselves. And when they finally won the World Series, they celebrated without annoying every other fan in the country."--Jim Caple, ESPN (Jan. 12, 2011)

Comment

Originally posted by chicagowhitesox1173 View Post
                  I bet the steaks would be good there. Although I remember eating a steak in Texas once and it wasn't very good and it was supposly a top steak eatery. I guess the steaks in Texas are grass fed or corn fed (I cant remember which) which makes em taste different. I guess I wasn't used to how they make em down there. I have had some pretty bad steaks in Chicago too though so maybe I picked a bad spot.

It's strange in Milwaukee the bratwursts are suppose to be really good and I wasn't too impressed by em. I honestly think a regular Johnsonville brat is better than any ones i've had in Wisconsin. Although in Milwaukee there is a restaurant near the stadium and i've never had a better hamburger than what this place had.
                  Ever have a Usinger's (another Milwaukee brand) brat? Best I've had, by far.
                  They call me Mr. Baseball. Not because of my love for the game; because of all the stitches in my head.

Comment

Originally posted by ol' aches and pains View Post
                    Ever have a Usinger's (another Milwaukee brand) brat? Best I've had, by far.
                    I never heard of em but I am gonna try those or buy em and cook em at home next time i'm in Milwaukee.
                    "(Shoeless Joe Jackson's fall from grace is one of the real tragedies of baseball. I always thought he was more sinned against than sinning." -- Connie Mack

"I have the ultimate respect for Whitesox fans. They were as miserable as the Cubs and Redsox fans ever were but always had the good decency to keep it to themselves. And when they finally won the World Series, they celebrated without annoying every other fan in the country."--Jim Caple, ESPN (Jan. 12, 2011)

Comment

Originally posted by Dude Paskert View Post
                      Beef Brisket was the most popular BBQ choice when I lived in TX, I'd guess KC would be the same.
                      Brisket is more a Texas thing...ribs are king in kc

Comment

They serve Klements at the ballpark (people who sponsor the sausage race) and I'm not a fan of their sausages although the sausage race is one of the most brilliant sports marketing things ever conceived.

Johnsonville and Usingers are much better.

Related, he's an ancient Usingers commercial from the 1970s that's in all German and still shown sometimes on Milwaukee TV.

Comment

Yeah I looked up the Usinger website and I think i'm gonna order them online. I did see a taste test between Klements and Usingers sausages and the Usinger sausage won. I did like the brat when I was at Miller Park last year and I didnt know what brand it was so if it was a Klement I deff wanna try the Usinger brand.

To try and keep this somewhat baseball related when I was looking up the sausages in Milwaukee I noticed the Chorizio sausage mascot went missing. What happened to him? Is he back doing the races again. Those races are pretty funny. It was kinda strange that the chorizio mascot went missing during one of the deadliest weeks in Mexico history. (The story I read mentioned that.)

Comment

Yeah I looked up the Usinger website and I think i'm gonna order them online. I did see a taste test between Klements and Usingers sausages and the Usinger sausage won. I did like the brat when I was at Miller Park last year and I didnt know what brand it was so if it was a Klement I deff wanna try the Usinger brand.

To try and keep this somewhat baseball related when I was looking up the sausages in Milwaukee I noticed the Chorizio sausage mascot went missing. What happened to him? Is he back doing the races again. Those races are pretty funny. It was kinda strange that the chorizio mascot went missing during one of the deadliest weeks in Mexico history. (The story I read mentioned that.)
                            You used to be able to buy Usinger's at Jewel or Dominick's in the Chicago area. I've been away for a couple of years, so I don't know about now, but you might want to take a look around for them.
                            They call me Mr. Baseball. Not because of my love for the game; because of all the stitches in my head.

Comment

It was apart of a promotion that Klements and the Brewers were doing.

Last year, around Easter, they had a "Where's Bernie Brewer?" promotion where they hid like 1,000 little Bernie Brewer lawn ornaments around Milwaukee County parks and people were supposed to go out and find them but it turned into a big scandal because people ended up taking like 50 and nobody who wanted one could find one.

This yeah, they did "Where's Chorizio?" this year and Chorizio was missing from the sausage races for a few days, then they hid a bunch of Chorizio lawn ornaments around Miller Park. Because the lawn things were just around the stadium and not the entire county, the Brewers people were able to make sure that jerks weren't taking like 20 Chorizio statues home.

But, don't worry, Chorizio is back in the sausage races.

And for once, I want it on the record that I didn't start this thread's derailment into something related to the Brewers and Milwaukee.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X