Roger Clemens' Courageous Stand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LouGehrig View Post
    As Bobby Donnell, Eugene Young or Lindsey Dole might state, the fact that the bar (pun intended) is lower in a civil trial does not mean that is right. Words are vital. In our "justice system," OJ was found not guilty. That's should be it if we lived in a just society. But of course, we don't.

It's sad that most individual's refute the principle of beyond reasonable doubt. Too bad we can't the individuals that have been executed and then were unable to initiate a civil suit.
    I don't know much about the law but if I'm correct, in a civil trial the bar of proof is lower because the one on trial won't be executed or given a jail term, it's all about money.
    And, in many cases the one on trial doesn't pay a cent. Liberty is not in jeopardy.

Comment

You are right with respect to why the bar is lower. Anytime an individual is forced to do something unjust, liberty is jeopardized. Of course, that is a wide-reaching statement that borders on the absurd, but that doesn't make it less true.
      Baseball articles you might not like but should read.

Comment

Since Clemens was found not guilty on all six counts, in all fairness, shouldn't McNamee now be tried for perjury?

Comment

Originally posted by voodoochile View Post
          Since Clemens was found not guilty on all six counts, in all fairness, shouldn't McNamee now be tried for perjury?
          Yes, let's throw more of our taxpayers' money down this rathole. Let's not rest until every PED user and supplier has been tried and probably aquitted!
          They call me Mr. Baseball. Not because of my love for the game; because of all the stitches in my head.

Comment

Originally posted by ol' aches and pains View Post
            Yes, let's throw more of our taxpayers' money down this rathole. Let's not rest until every PED user and supplier has been tried and probably aquitted!
            Some BB-F posters would have you believe that since all the people involved are being paid salaries anyway, it is not a waste of money!
            My top 10 players:

1. Babe Ruth
            2. Barry Bonds
            3. Ty Cobb
            4. Ted Williams
            5. Willie Mays
            6. Alex Rodriguez
            7. Hank Aaron
            8. Honus Wagner
            9. Lou Gehrig
            10. Mickey Mantle

Comment

Originally posted by GiambiJuice View Post
              Some BB-F posters would have you believe that since all the people involved are being paid salaries anyway, it is not a waste of money!
              I would prefer that no more of my tax dollars be used to finance this witch hunt, and I'm as anti-PED's as any poster here.

Enough, already.
              They call me Mr. Baseball. Not because of my love for the game; because of all the stitches in my head.

Comment

Originally posted by fenrir View Post
                I believe Clemens has McNamee's defamation suit to still deal with after this trial.
                There is indeed a defamation suit lingering, but most of it has already been tossed out (in 2010, I think.) The sites I read seemed to think it was viable IF Clemens was convicted. I honestly don't know how it will stand now.
                "It's better to look good, than be good."

Comment

Originally posted by ol' aches and pains View Post
                  I would prefer that no more of my tax dollars be used to finance this witch hunt, and I'm as anti-PED's as any poster here.

Enough, already.
                  100% aggreement on this.
                  "It's better to look good, than be good."

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X