Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manny requests outright release -- and A's oblige

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...sct=mlb_t2_a10
    Lou Gehrig is the Truest Yankee of them all!

MLB teams should refuse to sign him. I doubt he had any interest in playing for the A's anyway. He just wanted to use it to get through his suspension and now he'll try to go elsewhere..
    Mike Hopper
    Former Gateway Grizzlies Intern

Comment

I heard the A's used the signing of Manny to lure Cespedes in. Sounds like to me the A's never had much intention on bringing Manny up from the minors.
      "(Shoeless Joe Jackson's fall from grace is one of the real tragedies of baseball. I always thought he was more sinned against than sinning." -- Connie Mack

"I have the ultimate respect for Whitesox fans. They were as miserable as the Cubs and Redsox fans ever were but always had the good decency to keep it to themselves. And when they finally won the World Series, they celebrated without annoying every other fan in the country."--Jim Caple, ESPN (Jan. 12, 2011)

Comment

The Pirates should sign him.

Comment

I hope he gets signed. He was always a ton of fun to watch, and is way too good to be stuck in AAA.

Comment

Originally posted by White Knight View Post
            I hope he gets signed. He was always a ton of fun to watch, and is way too good to be stuck in AAA.

I think a team should be scared to sign him because it's only a matter of time before he gets caught again. He hasn't learned.
            Mike Hopper
            Former Gateway Grizzlies Intern

Comment

Originally posted by Bulldog19 View Post
              I think a team should be scared to sign him because it's only a matter of time before he gets caught again. He hasn't learned.
              If he gets caught again, then the contract is void. A team really doesn't have much to lose.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowtipper View Post
                The Pirates should sign him.
                They don't have a DH.
                Chop! Chop! Chop!

Comment

I dislike Manny seriously he is a virus to any team he is apart of.
                  All it takes for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing. -Unknown

A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination. -Nelson Mandela

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfoot 88 View Post
                    They don't have a DH.
                    I second this!

Comment

Sad to say,I think he'll be back with some team before too long. But I'd love to be wrong.
                      They call me Mr. Baseball. Not because of my love for the game; because of all the stitches in my head.

Comment

I hope the Yankees sign him! Manny and Ibanez would be quite the 40 year old DH platoon.
                        My top 10 players:

1. Babe Ruth
                        2. Barry Bonds
                        3. Ty Cobb
                        4. Ted Williams
                        5. Willie Mays
                        6. Alex Rodriguez
                        7. Hank Aaron
                        8. Honus Wagner
                        9. Lou Gehrig
                        10. Mickey Mantle

Comment

Originally posted by GiambiJuice View Post
                          I hope the Yankees sign him! Manny and Ibanez would be quite the 40 year old DH platoon.
                          Sorry Manny being Manny needs to stay far far far away from the Yankees. He would be a bigger cancer to the team before ARod learned how to behave in NY.

Comment

Manny's so dumb that he let the door hit him in the a$$ on the way out of the AAA clubhouse.
                            "If I drink whiskey, I'll never get worms!" - Hack Wilson

Comment

So the great Manny experiment ends the same way as the great Vladdy experiment.

This is my surprised face... :stare:
                              "I can see how he won twenty-five games. What I don't understand is how he lost five." - Yogi Berra on Sandy Koufax's 1963 season.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X