X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Second Base Coach
    replied
    Originally posted by Bulldog19 View Post
    I am TIRED OF THIS ####!!!!!!! Move on already!
    That's a clown exclamation bro!

Leave a comment:

• Rich the Giants fan
    replied
    Originally posted by Imapotato View Post
    Ok Carlos Gonzalez...look at his home/road spolits and you'll see he is not an all star

McCutchen WILL get in because the players know how great he is

But Bryce Harper...NOTHING SPECIAL?

That's a clown statement,bro!

He is 19 yrs old, has media pressure that even Babe Ruth didn't have to endure and is htting

.280/.362/.495 with above average defense (at a position he JUST learned) and 5 sbs, one of home

How is he NOT an all star?
    Wow, that's about as annoying as his eye black. Can we never say that again, please?

Leave a comment:

• Bulldog19
    replied

He is 19 yrs old, has media pressure that even Babe Ruth didn't have to endure and is htting
    I am TIRED OF THIS ####!!!!!!! Move on already!

Leave a comment:

• Buczilla
    replied
    Not ahead of McCutchen or Harper, nope
    That is not what I meant though. By looking at the splits, if CarGo isn't an all star in your mind, then Beltran shouldn't be either, right? Cargo, Braun, Cutch, Beltran and Melky are the 5 best OF in the NL in no specific order(this is excluding an injured Kemp). All 5 will most likely get in, but how would you order them?

Leave a comment:

• Imapotato
    replied
    Originally posted by Buczilla View Post
    Then you must think Carlos Beltran doesn't belong in the all star game as well then, right?
    Not ahead of McCutchen or Harper, nope

Leave a comment:

• Buczilla
    replied
    Ok Carlos Gonzalez...look at his home/road spolits and you'll see he is not an all star
    Then you must think Carlos Beltran doesn't belong in the all star game as well then, right?

Leave a comment:

• Imapotato
    replied
    Originally posted by GiambiJuice View Post
    Granderson deserves to start over Trout. Trout's still only 20, he'll have plenty of opportunities in the future. Granderson has played every inning of every game for the Yankees this year. He leads Trout 21 to 6 in home runs.
    and that is the ONLY stat he beats Trout in

Grandy can perform in the HR Derby because that is how he treats the game now

82 ks in 315 PAs???
    3 for 6 in SBA?
    .344 OBP%
    slightly below range in CF

great HR hitter,nice that he is finally hitting over .210 vs lefties (won't last) but Trout trumps him in every other category (OBP,SBS,defense,multi hit games, and yes even slugging %)

and compare Trouts stats at 20 yrs old to the man I compare him to...Ty Cobb

Leave a comment:

• Imapotato
    replied

McCutchen WILL get in because the players know how great he is

.280/.362/.495 with above average defense (at a position he JUST learned) and 5 sbs, one of home

How is he NOT an all star?

Leave a comment:

• Richard
    replied
    I'm talking about marketing. Trout and Harper should be on the All-Star teams. Unless Harpers stats plummet. I want to watch Stanton and Harper in the home run hitting contest

Leave a comment:

• flash143817
    replied
    Originally posted by Rich the Giants fan View Post
    Harper has played, and started, more games in RF than in CF.
    11 of his last 16 starts are in CF. That looks to be his position for the foreseeable future.

Originally posted by GiambiJuice View Post
    Granderson deserves to start over Trout. Trout's still only 20, he'll have plenty of opportunities in the future. Granderson has played every inning of every game for the Yankees this year. He leads Trout 21 to 6 in home runs.
    Despite playing fewer games, Trout has racked up 3.5 WAR. That is good for 2nd in the entire AL, behind only Hamilton. Granderson is down the list a bit. Would not be a poor decision at all for Trout to start. He's a legit MVP candidate. Beyond all the numbers, look at the Angels' record before and after Trout entered the lineup.

Leave a comment:

• Rich the Giants fan
    replied
    Harper has played, and started, more games in RF than in CF.

Leave a comment:

• GiambiJuice
    replied

Trout on the other hand should be starting.

Leave a comment:

• flash143817
    replied
    Originally posted by Jobu Voodoo View Post
    Not when you have CF's with better numbers playing in the National League. Trout, on the other hand, has one of the best averages and now leads the A.L. in stolen bases and he did it in less time.
    With Kemp injured, the only CF with better numbers is McCutchen, whom I already conceded as definitely deserving. All of those other top guys mentioned are primarily corner outfielders.

And this isn't meant to be a slight on Trout whatsoever, so I'm not sure why you mentioned him in comparison. He absolutely deserves to be an AL All Star. Hell, he should be an MVP candidate for what he has done for that team.

The real problem is the whole "every team must be represented" thing. Abolish that, and suddenly there will be room for all the deserving players to make it.

Leave a comment:

• Jobu Voodoo
    replied
    Being the best hitter on a first place team isn't special?

A .378 wOBA for a CF isn't anything special?
    Not when you have CF's with better numbers playing in the National League. Trout, on the other hand, has one of the best averages and now leads the A.L. in stolen bases and he did it in less time.
    Last edited by Jobu Voodoo; 06-21-2012, 12:58 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Rich the Giants fan
    replied
    You forgot about Melky Cabrera.

The fans select the starters. The players make their selections, then the managers do the same....then we have that final snub, er...vote thing(the leagues choices). You know as much as I do that most of the shenanigans take place outside of the hands of the fans.

What stats do we go by if we go by stats? Or should I say whose stats? And what happens when something happens like Colby Rasmus is seen as the 20th best player in the AL with said statistic(hello WAR)? Then what? Or what if a better line of stats come along? See, there really isn't an easy fix.
    Thank you. It feels like it's a popular thing to do outside of San Francisco, but Melky absolutely deserves to be an all-star starter.

Leave a comment:

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X