Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kevin Youkilis sent to White Sox

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/80...cago-white-sox

Looks like the Red Sox finally pulled the trigger on Youkilis.
    Say hello on Twitter @BSmile & Facebook "Baseball by BSmile"

Seems like a Salary dump as they got crap in return. Wonder if the White Sox are eating most of Youk's Contract.
    All it takes for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing. -Unknown

A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination. -Nelson Mandela

Comment

Originally posted by RaysFan_98 View Post
      Seems like a Salary dump as they got crap in return. Wonder if the White Sox are eating most of Youk's Contract.
      Brent Lililbridge isn't crap, he's a pretty good fourth outfielder. He's not Kevin Youkilis, but neither is Youkilis, anymore.
      They call me Mr. Baseball. Not because of my love for the game; because of all the stitches in my head.

Comment

Is he gonna play thirdbase? I suppose it's a upgrade from Hudson or Morel.
        "(Shoeless Joe Jackson's fall from grace is one of the real tragedies of baseball. I always thought he was more sinned against than sinning." -- Connie Mack

"I have the ultimate respect for Whitesox fans. They were as miserable as the Cubs and Redsox fans ever were but always had the good decency to keep it to themselves. And when they finally won the World Series, they celebrated without annoying every other fan in the country."--Jim Caple, ESPN (Jan. 12, 2011)

Comment

Will Middlebrooks' play was what spurred this. He is really playing well.

That being said, I don't see him as being able to come even close to maintaining this. He played very well at AA last year, but he has a pretty serious flaw. His BB/K is 8/37, which is not just bad, but ridiculous. At some point pitchers will stop throwing him strikes. In a sense he reminds me a bit of Jeff Francouer that way, no control of the strike zone. Most of those guys don't hit even close to this way. The great hitters who swing at everything don't tend to strike out excessively. Nomar swung at everything, but he had such great hand-eye coordination that he could hit that way. Vlad was like that too. Both Nomar and Vlad had BB/K ratio's of around 1/1.2, indicating an ability to put the bat on the ball. The guys who are 1/4 or worse are the ones who have trouble being able to hit.

As I said before, Jeff Francouer is like that, and he never became a star despite his talent.

Middlebrooks had a 21/95 ratio at AA last year.

Comment

Originally posted by chicagowhitesox1173 View Post
            Seems like its the only place he can fit. Dunn DHing and they cant move Konerko off first, hes great defensively there.

Comment

Originally posted by RDB_SoxFan View Post
              Seems like its the only place he can fit. Dunn DHing and they cant move Konerko off first, hes great defensively there.
              Yeah I always thought of him as a firstbaseman. But i'm glad to hear he's good defensively there. Maybe a change without Valentine will help him out.

C. A.J. Pierzynski
              1B. Paul Konerko
              2B. Gordon Beckham
              SS. Alexia Ramirez
              3B. Kevin Youkillis
              LF. Dayon Viciendo
              CF. Alejandro De Aza
              RF. Alex Rios
              DH. Adam Dunn

He seems like a pretty nice fit. I wonder if the Sox will bat him 3rd, maybe against leftys Dunn will be dropped in order.
              Last edited by chicagowhitesox1173; 06-24-2012, 05:09 PM.
              "(Shoeless Joe Jackson's fall from grace is one of the real tragedies of baseball. I always thought he was more sinned against than sinning." -- Connie Mack

"I have the ultimate respect for Whitesox fans. They were as miserable as the Cubs and Redsox fans ever were but always had the good decency to keep it to themselves. And when they finally won the World Series, they celebrated without annoying every other fan in the country."--Jim Caple, ESPN (Jan. 12, 2011)

Comment

That's the plan. The White Sox have the worst OPS in the Majors at the 3rd base position, by about 100 points according to Buster Olney on ESPN. I don't know about Hudson, but I wouldn't trade a broken bat for Morel. Youkilis, or what's left of him, is still an improvement.
                They call me Mr. Baseball. Not because of my love for the game; because of all the stitches in my head.

Comment

Originally posted by ol' aches and pains View Post
                  Brent Lililbridge isn't crap, he's a pretty good fourth outfielder. He's not Kevin Youkilis, but neither is Youkilis, anymore.
                  He is Batting .200 or bellow i believe......
                  All it takes for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing. -Unknown

A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination. -Nelson Mandela

Comment

Yeah I always thought of him as a firstbaseman. But i'm glad to hear he's good defensively there. Maybe a change without Valentine will help him out.

C. A.J. Pierzynski
                    1B. Paul Konerko
                    2B. Gordon Beckham
                    SS. Alexia Ramirez
                    3B. Kevin Youkillis
                    LF. Dayon Viciendo
                    CF. Alejandro De Aza
                    RF. Adam Dunn
                    DH. Alex Rios

He seems like a pretty nice fit. I wonder if the Sox will bat him 3rd, maybe against leftys Dunn will be dropped in order.
                    Dunn is the DH and Rios plays in right field.
                    Chop! Chop! Chop!

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfoot 88 View Post
                      Dunn is the DH and Rios plays in right field.
                      Your right I typed that without looking.

Comment

Originally posted by RaysFan_98 View Post
                        He is Batting .200 or bellow i believe......
                        He's better than what his average shows. Ventura has been going with a set lineup which keeps Lilibridge on the bench alot and I think it affects his hitting. I think if he played more he would do alot better.

Comment

This could be the new batting order

1. Alejandro De Aza
                          2. Gordon Beckham
                          3. Adam Dunn
                          4. Paul Konerko
                          5. Alex Rios
                          6. A.J. Pierzynski
                          7. Dayon Viciendo
                          8. Kevin Youkilis
                          9. Alexia Ramirez

This actually might help Viciendo with better protection and he might learn more plate discipline from watching Youkillis. From what I hear Youkillis does well vs the Yankees and Tigers so hopefully that will help out in the upcoming series against em.
                          Last edited by chicagowhitesox1173; 06-24-2012, 05:22 PM.

Comment

If I'm not mistaken, does this move make David Ortiz the only player from 2004 still with the Red Sox?
                            Baseball Junk Drawer

Comment

Originally posted by ian2813 View Post
                              If I'm not mistaken, does this move make David Ortiz the only player from 2004 still with the Red Sox?
                              I'm pretty sure it does...
                              Say hello on Twitter @BSmile & Facebook "Baseball by BSmile"

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X