Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who are your Cy young award front runners right now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who are your Cy young award front runners right now?

AL- Price,Weaver, Verlander

*I would say Sale but isn't he on a innings pitched limit this year?

NL- Cain, Dicky, Gio

How about you all?
    All it takes for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing. -Unknown

A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination. -Nelson Mandela

I can't ignore Sale, he's leading the league in ERA (2.11) and ERA+ (203!). I hadn't heard he's on an innings limit, but as long as he meets the criteria to qualify, he's a force to be reckoned with.

In the NL, Dickey and Gio matched up last night in Washington. Dickey is now 13-1, and Gio's ERA took a hit. He gave up six earned runs in 3.1 innings. His ERA ballooned from 2.93 to .332. I think the CYA is Dickey's to lose at this point.
    Last edited by ol' aches and pains; 07-20-2012, 05:02 AM.
    They call me Mr. Baseball. Not because of my love for the game; because of all the stitches in my head.

Comment

Originally posted by ol' aches and pains View Post
      I can't ignore Sale, he's leading the league in ERA (2.11) and ERA+ (203!). I hadn't heard he's on an innings limit, but as long as he meets the criteria to qualify, he's a force to be reckoned with.

In the NL, Dickey and Gio matched up last night in Washington. Dickey is now 13-1, and Gio's ERA took a hit. He gave up six earned runs in 3.1 innings. His ERA ballooned from 2.93 to .332. I think the CYA is Dickey's to lose at this point.
      On mlb tonight they were saying Sale and Straz were on innings limit

A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination. -Nelson Mandela

Comment

http://espn.go.com/mlb/features/cyyoung

Comment

Originally posted by RaysFan_98 View Post

Oh, that's charming! Now we can even statistically predict who will win an award that humans will be voting for. What's the margin for error on that baby?
          They call me Mr. Baseball. Not because of my love for the game; because of all the stitches in my head.

Comment

Originally posted by ol' aches and pains View Post
            Oh, that's charming! Now we can even statistically predict who will win an award that humans will be voting for. What's the margin for error on that baby?
            Lol no idea i just came across it

Comment

I hope RA Dickey keeps it up and wins the NL Cy Young. If not him then Gio G.

AL is a bit tougher, but im gonna take Jered Weaver.

Edit: Justin Verlander and Jered Weaver are so close in the numbers its crazy. Chris Sale as well. Ill list some of the stats that jump out at me.

................H/9 BB/9 So/9 HR/9 ERA+ WHIP
              Verlander: 6.3 2.0 8.7 0.7 170 .931

Weaver 6.5 2.0 6.7 0.7 167 .945

Sale 6.8 2.0 8.3 0.4 203 1.03

Personally, I think its one of these three, at this point in time.
              Last edited by PlanetZoltan; 07-20-2012, 07:17 PM.

Comment

In the American League Felix Hernandez might be the "dark horse" quickly making up ground on the perceived leaders in this category. Like in a horse race where the third place horse all of a sudden takes over the lead, and everyone is like "whoah where'd he come from?" In his last seven starts, Felix is 4-0 with a 1.36 e.r.a. In his last three starts, he is 2-1 with a 0.70 e.r.a. Also, he is up to eight games this season with eight or more innings pitched and one or zero earned runs. And he is leading the MLB in strike outs on the season. We'll see how it all plays out and if he can keep up his torrid pace.

Comment

I would probably go with Matt Cain and Jared Weaver. Chris Sale would be a close 2nd in the AL.
                  "(Shoeless Joe Jackson's fall from grace is one of the real tragedies of baseball. I always thought he was more sinned against than sinning." -- Connie Mack

"I have the ultimate respect for Whitesox fans. They were as miserable as the Cubs and Redsox fans ever were but always had the good decency to keep it to themselves. And when they finally won the World Series, they celebrated without annoying every other fan in the country."--Jim Caple, ESPN (Jan. 12, 2011)

Comment

Cain and Verlander, IMO. Weaver and Sale have too few innings, and Dickey is a little unproven for my taste to pick at this point.
                    Chop! Chop! Chop!

Comment

Why is Gio getting mentioned so much? He is clearly behind 1.Dickey 2.Cain IMO

In the AL, Sale Weaver Verlander Felix and Price are all contenders

Comment

In the NL, Dickey deserves it so far, but I'd love to see him falter and get passed by The Horse, Matt Cain.
                        San Francisco Giants, World Series Champions in 2010, 2012, and 2014!!!

"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts" ~ Albert Einstein

"Royals wear crowns, but Champions Kiss the Ring" ~ Jeremy Affeldt

Comment

Originally posted by RaysFan_98 View Post
                          Wow, that "statistic" isn't really credible, considering that Soriano is 6th overall and Rodney is 7th for the AL.

Comment

I know who I'm voting for.

The Mets have the best, smartest fans in baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich the Giants fan View Post
                              In the NL, Dickey deserves it so far, but I'd love to see him falter and get passed by The Horse, Matt Cain.
                              Barring injury, I wouldn't count on it.
                              Put it in the books.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X