Trade: Zach Greinke to Angels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ian2813 View Post
    The current Ranger team is a really likable bunch and I'm still devastated that they didn't win it last year. They need to win it while this core is still together.
    they have had 2 chances already what if they make it and lose again you would want them in 2013? enuf already
    1. The more I learn, the more convinced I am that many players are over-rated due to inflated stats from offensive home parks (and eras)
    2. Strat-O-Matic Baseball Player, Collector and Hobbyist since 1969, visit my strat site: http://forums.delphiforums.com/GamersParadise
    3. My table top gaming blog: http://cary333.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by 9RoyHobbsRF View Post
      they have had 2 chances already what if they make it and lose again you would want them in 2013? enuf already
      Who cares how many times they've lost? If I like a team I'll pull for them to win. Better them in the World Series than the Yankees or Red Sox. I can't say I'd get too excited over the Angels either. I've already seen them win a World Series.
      Baseball Junk Drawer

Comment

With the Halos luck he will implode on them.
        All it takes for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing. -Unknown

A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination. -Nelson Mandela

Comment

He is making his debut against us on Sunday i hope he implodes and then pitches wonderfully

A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination. -Nelson Mandela

Comment

Fox's Ken Rosenthal said that White Sox GM Kenny Williams was furiously working to get Greinke. But to get a deal done, a third team needed to be involved and he couldn't find a partner.
            "Chuckie doesn't take on 2-0. Chuckie's hackin'." - Chuck Carr two days prior to being released by the Milwaukee Brewers

Comment

Three chances in a row is alot, but they got so close last year that I cant help but pull for them this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Grimm View Post
                Fox's Ken Rosenthal said that White Sox GM Kenny Williams was furiously working to get Greinke. But to get a deal done, a third team needed to be involved and he couldn't find a partner.
                Wow thats kinda good news because maybe he'll go after somebody else. I'm surprised the Sox are even going after players with how bad attendance has been.
                "(Shoeless Joe Jackson's fall from grace is one of the real tragedies of baseball. I always thought he was more sinned against than sinning." -- Connie Mack

"I have the ultimate respect for Whitesox fans. They were as miserable as the Cubs and Redsox fans ever were but always had the good decency to keep it to themselves. And when they finally won the World Series, they celebrated without annoying every other fan in the country."--Jim Caple, ESPN (Jan. 12, 2011)

Comment

Originally posted by RDB_SoxFan View Post
                  Three chances in a row is alot, but they got so close last year that I cant help but pull for them this year.
                  Agreed. They're buildining their team the right way. Good farm system and dollars to spend to fill spots. It's very rare that you see a team 2 years into the post-season still have two top minor leauge players that other teams covet.
                  "Chuckie doesn't take on 2-0. Chuckie's hackin'." - Chuck Carr two days prior to being released by the Milwaukee Brewers

Comment

lebron finally made it in his gazillionth chance.
                    I now have my own non commercial blog about training for batspeed and power using my training experience in baseball and track and field.

Comment

Originally posted by chicagowhitesox1173 View Post
                      Wow thats kinda good news because maybe he'll go after somebody else. I'm surprised the Sox are even going after players with how bad attendance has been.
                      Honestly, if Josh Johnson or James Shields is moved, I think the ChiSox are the team to get them.

Comment

Well helly stole the spotlight from Zack and got the best of him and the halos.

Comment

Amazing how anemic the Angels offense becomes when Trout's not in the lineup.

EDIT: That's not a knock on Hellickson - he pitched really well. But Trout is definitely the spark on that offense.
                          Last edited by Ben Grimm; 07-29-2012, 03:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Grimm View Post
                            Amazing how anemic the Angels offense becomes when Trout's not in the lineup.

EDIT: That's not a knock on Hellickson - he pitched really well. But Trout is definitely the spark on that offense.
                            Meh helly had a perfecto going into the 4th or 5th. Trout is great but he is hurt and probably more hurt then they are leading on since they didn't even PH him.

Comment

By the way helly was throwing up in between innings and still outpitched him.

Comment

so far the three biggest (name) trades seem to include the Yankees Dodgers and Angels all big city teams

some things never change
                                Didn't it change with the very same player when the Brewers got Greinke before 2011?

And the Marlins/Mariners can both be bad without the guys they traded. I was a Hanley apologist but now he doesn't have the results he used to.
                                (fantasy football)
                                JM: Only did that for a couple of years and then we had a conspiracy so it kind of turned me sour. Our league's commissioner, Lew Ford(notes) at the time, was doing some shady things that ... I'd rather not talk about [laughs].
                                DB: Isn't he in Japan right now?
                                JM: I don't know where Lou is right now. He's probably fleeing the authorities [laughs].

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X