Trade: Zach Greinke to Angels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 9RoyHobbsRF View Post
    so far the three biggest (name) trades seem to include the Yankees Dodgers and Angels all big city teams

some things never change

Anaheim is not a big city.

Good deal for the Angels. Even if Grenke walks this offseason, they will still get a draft pick.
    Using a stolen chant from Boston Celtics fans whenever an L.A. team is playing up there just reeks of inferiority complex.

If hitting a baseball is the toughest thing to do in sports, then pitching must be the easiest thing to do in sports.

Comment

Originally posted by UnderPressure View Post
      Anaheim is not a big city.

Good deal for the Angels. Even if Grenke walks this offseason, they will still get a draft pick.
      I don't think that's true anymore under the new CBA. My understanding is that a potential FA has to be with his team for the entire season in order for that team to be compensated. So if Greinke does indeed walk at the end of this year, the Angels receive nothing for him. I think this is why we're going to see okay, but not great prospects being moved for players in their final year of their contract.
      "Chuckie doesn't take on 2-0. Chuckie's hackin'." - Chuck Carr two days prior to being released by the Milwaukee Brewers

Comment

So far, this move hasn't gone all that well for the Halos. Zack looked good out of the chute his first game against Tampa, but he's now given up 20 runs in his last five starts.
        "Chuckie doesn't take on 2-0. Chuckie's hackin'." - Chuck Carr two days prior to being released by the Milwaukee Brewers

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Grimm View Post
          So far, this move hasn't gone all that well for the Halos. Zack looked good out of the chute his first game against Tampa, but he's now given up 20 runs in his last five starts.
          Gave up 6 today
          All it takes for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing. -Unknown

A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination. -Nelson Mandela

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X