X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RaysFan_98
    replied
    Originally posted by Ben Grimm View Post
    So far, this move hasn't gone all that well for the Halos. Zack looked good out of the chute his first game against Tampa, but he's now given up 20 runs in his last five starts.
    Gave up 6 today

Leave a comment:

• Ben Grimm
    replied
    So far, this move hasn't gone all that well for the Halos. Zack looked good out of the chute his first game against Tampa, but he's now given up 20 runs in his last five starts.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Grimm
    replied
    Originally posted by UnderPressure View Post
    Anaheim is not a big city.

Good deal for the Angels. Even if Grenke walks this offseason, they will still get a draft pick.
    I don't think that's true anymore under the new CBA. My understanding is that a potential FA has to be with his team for the entire season in order for that team to be compensated. So if Greinke does indeed walk at the end of this year, the Angels receive nothing for him. I think this is why we're going to see okay, but not great prospects being moved for players in their final year of their contract.

Leave a comment:

• UnderPressure
    replied
    Originally posted by 9RoyHobbsRF View Post
    so far the three biggest (name) trades seem to include the Yankees Dodgers and Angels all big city teams

some things never change

Anaheim is not a big city.

Good deal for the Angels. Even if Grenke walks this offseason, they will still get a draft pick.

Leave a comment:

• plask_stirlac
    replied
    so far the three biggest (name) trades seem to include the Yankees Dodgers and Angels all big city teams

some things never change
    Didn't it change with the very same player when the Brewers got Greinke before 2011?

And the Marlins/Mariners can both be bad without the guys they traded. I was a Hanley apologist but now he doesn't have the results he used to.

Leave a comment:

• RaysFan_98
    replied
    By the way helly was throwing up in between innings and still outpitched him.

Leave a comment:

• RaysFan_98
    replied
    Amazing how anemic the Angels offense becomes when Trout's not in the lineup.

EDIT: That's not a knock on Hellickson - he pitched really well. But Trout is definitely the spark on that offense.
    Meh helly had a perfecto going into the 4th or 5th. Trout is great but he is hurt and probably more hurt then they are leading on since they didn't even PH him.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Grimm
    replied
    Amazing how anemic the Angels offense becomes when Trout's not in the lineup.

EDIT: That's not a knock on Hellickson - he pitched really well. But Trout is definitely the spark on that offense.
    Last edited by Ben Grimm; 07-29-2012, 03:36 PM.

Leave a comment:

• RaysFan_98
    replied
    Well helly stole the spotlight from Zack and got the best of him and the halos.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Grimm
    replied
    Originally posted by chicagowhitesox1173 View Post
    Wow thats kinda good news because maybe he'll go after somebody else. I'm surprised the Sox are even going after players with how bad attendance has been.
    Honestly, if Josh Johnson or James Shields is moved, I think the ChiSox are the team to get them.

Leave a comment:

• dominik
    replied
    they have had 2 chances already what if they make it and lose again you would want them in 2013? enuf already

lebron finally made it in his gazillionth chance.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Grimm
    replied
    Originally posted by RDB_SoxFan View Post
    Three chances in a row is alot, but they got so close last year that I cant help but pull for them this year.
    Agreed. They're buildining their team the right way. Good farm system and dollars to spend to fill spots. It's very rare that you see a team 2 years into the post-season still have two top minor leauge players that other teams covet.

Leave a comment:

• chicagowhitesox1173
    replied
    Fox's Ken Rosenthal said that White Sox GM Kenny Williams was furiously working to get Greinke. But to get a deal done, a third team needed to be involved and he couldn't find a partner.
    Wow thats kinda good news because maybe he'll go after somebody else. I'm surprised the Sox are even going after players with how bad attendance has been.

Leave a comment:

• PlanetZoltan
    replied
    they have had 2 chances already what if they make it and lose again you would want them in 2013? enuf already
    Three chances in a row is alot, but they got so close last year that I cant help but pull for them this year.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Grimm
    replied
    Fox's Ken Rosenthal said that White Sox GM Kenny Williams was furiously working to get Greinke. But to get a deal done, a third team needed to be involved and he couldn't find a partner.

Leave a comment:

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X