Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Upton brothers both get to 100 career HR's in the same night.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Yaz View Post
    Saying that BJ Upton is lazy, is lazy. He runs faster than 95% of all other major leaguers but because he uses long strides and doesn't have his head down it looks like he's giving up on the play.

Great defense in centerfield, great arm, 40ish steals per year, 18ish homers per year, hit 7 homers in the 2008 ALDS and ALCS but is somehow overrated because his lifetime batting average is only .255. Not bad for a kid who entered the MLB at 19 as a shortstop.
    Dude he has been benched for being lazy and even Longoria has called him out on it which caused a fight Maddon benched him for being a lazy arse.
    All it takes for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing. -Unknown

A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination. -Nelson Mandela

Comment

Saying that BJ Upton is lazy, is lazy. He runs faster than 95% of all other major leaguers but because he uses long strides and doesn't have his head down it looks like he's giving up on the play.
      He can run faster than 95% of players and still be lazy. Perhaps he has changed, but he certainly has a history of not hustling.

Video of his lack of hustle...
      http://blog.prorumors.com/2010/06/ru...into-argument/

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...5&sportCat=mlb
      "His propensity to be lazy (as witnessed in August when he "decided" not to run hard on three different occasions), the fact that Maddon literally pulled him off the field after not running out a double-play ground ball, the meaningless error in the seventh inning of Game 4 that allowed questions about his lack of focus to surface."

Comment

Originally posted by RaysFan_98 View Post
        Dude he has been benched for being lazy and even Longoria has called him out on it which caused a fight Maddon benched him for being a lazy arse.
        Longoria doesn't get to judge other players' efforts until he comes within 10 feet of busting up a double play in his major league career. I just watched him run into the outfield between and first and second (like A-Rod always does) for the fiftieth time.

I can produce a video on practically every player in the MLB taking a slow or bad route to a ball. Upton has about five Willie Mays style catches in deep center for every bone headed play he's made out there.

To mention any article criticizing his 2008 playoff effort is a joke. Without him the Rays wouldn't have made it past the ALDS nor won the one game that they did in the Word Series. (The series that Longoria hit .050.)

Comment

Longoria doesn't get to judge other players' efforts until he comes within 10 feet of busting up a double play in his major league career. I just watched him run into the outfield between and first and second (like A-Rod always does) for the fiftieth time.

I can produce a video on practically every player in the MLB taking a slow or bad route to a ball. Upton has about five Willie Mays style catches in deep center for every bone headed play he's made out there.

To mention any article criticizing his 2008 playoff effort is a joke. Without him the Rays wouldn't have made it past the ALDS nor won the one game that they did in the Word Series. (The series that Longoria hit .050.)
          Fail.... Longoria isn't playing 3rd tonight he is dh'ing and was replaced in the 6th as there being careful with him. Are you just arguing for the sake of arguing?

A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination. -Nelson Mandela

Comment

What does playing great have to do with hustling? You can bat 1.000 and still be the laziest player in MLB. You can bat .000 and be Charlie Hustle.

Comment

Originally posted by RaysFan_98 View Post
              Fail.... Longoria isn't playing 3rd tonight he is dh'ing and was replaced in the 6th as there being careful with him. Are you just arguing for the sake of arguing?

I didn't say he doesn't turn double plays I said he doesn't bust them up when running to second. I'm well aware of the fact that he's DH-ing this week. It just botheres me when the fact that Longoria says something to Upton then it is suddenly the gospel. Again, until Longoria starts playing hard himself, or at least starts getting into shape, he doesn't get a vote.
              Last edited by Yaz; 08-11-2012, 01:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ipitch View Post
                What does playing great have to do with hustling? You can bat 1.000 and still be the laziest player in MLB. You can bat .000 and be Charlie Hustle.
                Correct, and in the 2008 playoffs, Upton was great by all counts and his hustle had a lot to do with it. The biggest example being Game 4 of the World Series when stole second and then scored in the pouring rain to force a tie and postponement. The guy giving speeches on Upton's outfield routes a year later went 1 for 20. If Upton got his face over that would that mean Longoria didn't put his work in?

I may not have clear on this but I'm trying to argue two myths here: 1) that Upton is lazy and 2) that he is overrated.

Comment

I didn't say he doesn't turn double plays I said he doesn't bust them up when running to second. I'm well aware of the fact that he's DH-ing this week. It just botheres me when the fact that Longoria says something to Upton then it is suddenly the gospel. Again, until Longoria starts playing hard himself, or at least starts getting into shape, he doesn't get a vote.
                  If you watched the linked video above, the Ray's announcers remarked about Upton jogging to the ball while the play was happening, before Longoria confronted him after the inning. Also, as I posted above, his manager has benched him several times for not hustling. It's not a myth, it's pretty much a proven fact that he doesn't always hustle.
                  They call me Mr. Baseball. Not because of my love for the game; because of all the stitches in my head.

Comment

You must not know a lot about BJ Upton to be defending him like this if you had taken the time to watch the announcers called him out before Longo even got to him. And maddon wouldn't of benched him for no reason. We all know Upton has great speed but he can not use it sometimes and still look faster then most OF's

Comment

I think BJ needs to be traded

Comment

Originally posted by Blackout View Post
                        I think BJ needs to be traded
                        Hes a free agent after this year isnt he?

Comment

Originally posted by RDB_SoxFan View Post
                          Hes a free agent after this year isnt he?
                          Yes.............

Comment

Name a player besides Pete Rose who you think has hustled on every single play and never taken a bad route in the outfield. I'll provide a clip of them doing hat BJ Upton did in that video, and then I'll call them lazy and overrated. And then it will be true.

Comment

Again, until Longoria starts playing hard himself, or at least starts getting into shape, he doesn't get a vote.
                              Name a player besides Pete Rose who you think has hustled on every single play and never taken a bad route in the outfield. I'll provide a clip of them doing hat BJ Upton did in that video, and then I'll call them lazy and overrated. And then it will be true.
                              How is it that Evan Longoria, who knows Upton, works with him eight months of the year, and sees him play every day, doesn't "get a vote", and you do?
                              They call me Mr. Baseball. Not because of my love for the game; because of all the stitches in my head.

Comment

A bad route can be excused - it's not much different than making a physical error. Jogging after a ball is something that is rarely seen in MLB because there's no excuse for it (except injury).

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X