17,000 to see a playoff team?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 9RoyHobbsRF View Post
    I think the LA Kings finally doing something after 45 years has got to your head as you are imploding and thumping your chest every post now with the 4 sports things, I guess you have been going to Kings games for a long time right? (front runner)

The Warriors were from San Francisco before jumping 8 miles across the bridge, I guess you are unaware of that.

Clippers have how many NBA Championships? How many playoff wins? How many playoffs appearances? Are you sure they are a pro team? Or often (correctly) cited as the worst team in pro sports with the worst owner

Just like the Giants finally winning the World Series as a Frisco team got in your head, right? Who are you to conveniently call a frontrunner? And you're the one who always whines about personal attacks on this board. How ironic. Don't get mad at me that SF has no NHL team.

That is why I said SF will get the Warriors BACK in a previous post. I'm always aware of that, just like I'm aware that the California Seals left Oakland and the Giants almost left SF twice. So don't get smart with me.

How many championships did the Giants win for SF before 2010? Are you sure they were a pro sports team? How many have the Sharks won? Oh wait, they're not an SF team. All of a sudden, you're talking about the past now? I seem to remember when Giant fans would complain about Dodger fans asking them how many championships the SF Giants have won. Now that they've won one, you have the nerve to question a certain franchise's history. And you also have the nerve to call me a bandwagoner? That's pathetic. BTW, I said the Clippers are doing better than the Warriors and the Kings. U Mad?
    Using a stolen chant from Boston Celtics fans whenever an L.A. team is playing up there just reeks of inferiority complex.

If hitting a baseball is the toughest thing to do in sports, then pitching must be the easiest thing to do in sports.

Comment

^ so how many Kings games have you gone to?

Lakers - stolen from Minnesota
      Dodgers - stolen from Brooklyn
      Rams - stolen from Cleveland then LOST
      Raiders - stolen from Oakland then LOST
      Clippers - stolen from San Diego

nice record

oh the 49ers (can you say FIVE Super Bowl Championships) were created in SF

and once you bring up the 4 sports thing, they are open to cross-examination, if you did not want the pitiful Clippers to enter the discussion, you should have thought of that in advance
      Last edited by 9RoyHobbsRF; 08-22-2012, 09:18 AM.
      1. The more I learn, the more convinced I am that many players are over-rated due to inflated stats from offensive home parks (and eras)
      2. Strat-O-Matic Baseball Player, Collector and Hobbyist since 1969, visit my strat site: http://forums.delphiforums.com/GamersParadise
      3. My table top gaming blog: http://cary333.blogspot.com/

Comment

Of course, I don't know what it's like to be a NorCal fan, but I'm glad all the teams in LA represent the city
        of LA.

yeah those Anaheim Ducks and Anaheim Angels are tributes to LA and speaking of Mickey Mouse, how about the Clippers

and those NFL teams are awesome
        Those are Anaheim teams and I hate them. LA doesn't even need their titles to have more than SF. LOL. The Warriors were looking at the Clippers from below in the standings, last I checked.

Los Angeles has now won titles in the 4 major leagues. Can't say the same about SF.

you can say it is often voted the best city in America, and sometimes the world

Definitely can't say that about LA
        What does that have to do with sports? I see your style now. You go way off-topic to try to win an argument. When in reality, you always lose. And you don't even show links.
        Using a stolen chant from Boston Celtics fans whenever an L.A. team is playing up there just reeks of inferiority complex.

If hitting a baseball is the toughest thing to do in sports, then pitching must be the easiest thing to do in sports.

Comment

^ so how many Kings games have you gone to?

Lakers - stolen from Minnesota
          Dodgers - stolen from Brooklyn
          Rams - stolen from Cleveland then LOST
          Raiders - stolen from Oakland then LOST
          Clippers - stolen from San Diego

nice record

oh the 49ers (can you say FIVE Super Bowl Championships) were created in SF
          I can bet that I've been to more Kings games that you did during the Giants' down years from 2005-2008. See, I can make baseless comments, too! God, I wish you had already signed up on BF pre-2009 and see how you posted about your crappy Giant teams from 2005-2008.

Stolen? Then the Giants were stolen from New York, right? Why in the world is it LA's fault that those teams moved to LA? Without the Dodgers' idea to move to LA, you wouldn't have the Giants. Should I say San Diego "stole" the Chargers from LA, too?

Again, it's funny that you brag about the 9ners being an original SF team while you ignore that the Giants aren't from SF.

Comment

Really guys, a LA vs. SF argument?? Please get back on to the topic and quit the sniping of each other. Thanks
            “Well, I like to say I’m completely focused, right? I mean, the game’s on the line. It’s not like I’m thinking about what does barbecue Pop Chips and Cholula taste like. Because I already know that answer — it tastes friggin’ awesome!"--Brian Wilson

Comment

I just need a confirmation from you, KHenry. We're both Kings fans and you know I'm no bandwagoner...

Comment

In 1951, when the Giants and Dodgers played the third and deciding playoff game for the pennant, and Bobby Thomson hit "The Shot Heard Around The World",. there were 34,000 people in the Polo Grounds, and more than 20,000 empty seats. So this isn't a recent phenomenon.

I know it was an afternoon game on a weekday, but come on, it's New York City, there were 8,000,000 people to draw from.
                Last edited by ol' aches and pains; 08-24-2012, 03:47 PM.
                They call me Mr. Baseball. Not because of my love for the game; because of all the stitches in my head.

Comment

I was there last friday vs LA and the upper level was hardly occupied, which was surprising. But it was LOUD. The fans that were they were hype.

Coming from Marrietta, if you get off at the first exit it tells you to, you have to drive through downtown and we'd always get lost. But now I found out you just go 1 exit past and you get off right next to the main parking lot (the old ballpark.)

Comment

There was a decent contingent of Braves fans at AT&T tonight.

Any single one of them could've made out a superior lineup to the one Fredo put out there.
                    3 6 10 21 29 31 35 41 42 44 47

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X