Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Possibility of Jeter using PEDS?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Possibility of Jeter using PEDS?

    http://espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/stor...se-insinuation

    Based on his age and performance, it wouldn't shock me...... Just saying. To be perfectly honest, I have wondered about it myself......You watch him play and it is NOT a 38 year old man out there playing..........Would I be shocked if was using ? No!.....Would I be disappointed if he was found using? Yes. Even though he is a Yankee, he is the only one I have ever had any respect or like for in how he plays the game.
    All it takes for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing. -Unknown

    A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination. -Nelson Mandela

  • #2
    This all stems from ESPN basically making their own news. One of their hired pundits makes an accusation and an ESPN reporter basically goes up to Jeter and says "Hey, Derek, our guy at ESPN says you're hitting the PEDs. Is it true?". Jeter does what he's supposed to do: laugh it off. This is the same "commentator" who once opined the NFL should get rid of kickers and punters because they're boring; there's no doubt in my mind he's paid and/or told to say and write things like this every now and then.

    I don't deny that PEDs are still a problem, but I also believe it's irresponsible to throw out now-serious accusations with bare-bones proof.
    46 wins to match last year's total

    Comment


    • #3
      Is anyone else annoyed that ESPN has a basketball guy (Stephen A Smith) talking about baseball? What the hell does he know about baseball?
      My top 10 players:

      1. Babe Ruth
      2. Barry Bonds
      3. Ty Cobb
      4. Ted Williams
      5. Willie Mays
      6. Alex Rodriguez
      7. Hank Aaron
      8. Honus Wagner
      9. Lou Gehrig
      10. Mickey Mantle

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by SamtheBravesFan View Post
        This all stems from ESPN basically making their own news. One of their hired pundits makes an accusation and an ESPN reporter basically goes up to Jeter and says "Hey, Derek, our guy at ESPN says you're hitting the PEDs. Is it true?". Jeter does what he's supposed to do: laugh it off. This is the same "commentator" who once opined the NFL should get rid of kickers and punters because they're boring; there's no doubt in my mind he's paid and/or told to say and write things like this every now and then.

        I don't deny that PEDs are still a problem, but I also believe it's irresponsible to throw out now-serious accusations with bare-bones proof.
        True but when i thought about it it kind of made since in a way with his production and that he is 38.

        Originally posted by GiambiJuice View Post
        Is anyone else annoyed that ESPN has a basketball guy (Stephen A Smith) talking about baseball? What the hell does he know about baseball?
        I don't know but i think its a valid question worry considering Jeter is 38 years old.
        All it takes for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing. -Unknown

        A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination. -Nelson Mandela

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by RaysFan_98 View Post

          I don't know but i think its a valid question worry considering Jeter is 38 years old.
          Yes, it's a valid question, but it's all speculation so it's pointless. It's no more valid to ask about Jeter than anyone else.
          My top 10 players:

          1. Babe Ruth
          2. Barry Bonds
          3. Ty Cobb
          4. Ted Williams
          5. Willie Mays
          6. Alex Rodriguez
          7. Hank Aaron
          8. Honus Wagner
          9. Lou Gehrig
          10. Mickey Mantle

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by GiambiJuice View Post
            Yes, it's a valid question, but it's all speculation so it's pointless. It's no more valid to ask about Jeter than anyone else.
            Just like with Ryan and his case we all speculated with that case a lot. Meh just trying to drive some discussion/debate.
            All it takes for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing. -Unknown

            A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination. -Nelson Mandela

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by RaysFan_98 View Post
              Just like with Ryan and his case we all speculated with that case a lot. Meh just trying to drive some discussion/debate.
              Ryan who? Paul Ryan? Nolan Ryan?
              My top 10 players:

              1. Babe Ruth
              2. Barry Bonds
              3. Ty Cobb
              4. Ted Williams
              5. Willie Mays
              6. Alex Rodriguez
              7. Hank Aaron
              8. Honus Wagner
              9. Lou Gehrig
              10. Mickey Mantle

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by GiambiJuice View Post
                Ryan who? Paul Ryan? Nolan Ryan?
                Ryan Braun?
                All it takes for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing. -Unknown

                A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination. -Nelson Mandela

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by GiambiJuice View Post
                  Ryan who? Paul Ryan? Nolan Ryan?
                  Well, considering this is a baseball forum, it doesn't take a rocket surgeon to figure it out...

                  Braun is the only relevant "Ryan".

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Cowtipper View Post
                    Well, considering this is a baseball forum, it doesn't take a rocket surgeon to figure it out...

                    Braun is the only relevant "Ryan".
                    Indeed.....................
                    All it takes for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing. -Unknown

                    A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination. -Nelson Mandela

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Ryan Braun actually failed a test (albeit with chain-of-custody issues).
                      My top 10 players:

                      1. Babe Ruth
                      2. Barry Bonds
                      3. Ty Cobb
                      4. Ted Williams
                      5. Willie Mays
                      6. Alex Rodriguez
                      7. Hank Aaron
                      8. Honus Wagner
                      9. Lou Gehrig
                      10. Mickey Mantle

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        It's possible to have excellent success at an older age and not be a PED user. Babe Ruth, Ted Williams, and Hank Aaron are examples of this. Granted, Jeter isn't at their level, but he isn't doing anything ridiculous that would warrant suspicion, IMO. He's a future Hofer having an excellent season at age 38, good for him. Bayless just likes to talk crap, and it's funny coming from him considering what a Barry Bonds apologist he is.
                        Last edited by fenrir; 08-23-2012, 06:29 PM.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by GiambiJuice View Post
                          Ryan Braun actually failed a test (albeit with chain-of-custody issues).
                          So does this mean that Braun didn't fail the test? LOL
                          "After my fourth season I asked for $43,000 and General Manager Ed Barrow told me, 'Young man, do you realize Lou Gehrig, a 16-year-man, is playing for only $44,000?' I said, Mr. Barrow, there is only one answer to that - Mr. Gehrig is terribly underpaid."- Yankees outfielder Joe DiMaggio

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Cowtipper View Post
                            Well, considering this is a baseball forum, it doesn't take a rocket surgeon to figure it out...

                            Braun is the only relevant "Ryan".
                            Well Nolan Ryan pitched for the Texas Rangers until he was 46 years old with little loss of velocity or effectiveness. And Tom House was with the Rangers then, right? And he was one of the first juicers, right? See, this is fun!
                            They call me Mr. Baseball. Not because of my love for the game; because of all the stitches in my head.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by TonyStarks View Post
                              So does this mean that Braun didn't fail the test? LOL
                              Huh? No. Who said that?
                              My top 10 players:

                              1. Babe Ruth
                              2. Barry Bonds
                              3. Ty Cobb
                              4. Ted Williams
                              5. Willie Mays
                              6. Alex Rodriguez
                              7. Hank Aaron
                              8. Honus Wagner
                              9. Lou Gehrig
                              10. Mickey Mantle

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X