Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gio Gonzalez has a perfect game going through 5...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Gio Gonzalez has a perfect game going through 5...

    Think he can pull it off? So far, 5 innings, 5 K's, and a pitch count of 59.

    I think it would be pretty awesome. I've been on the Gio wagon since the start. My Dad and I still argue about whether or not he is ace calibur.

  • #2
    I saw this thread, quickly turned on the game, had it on for literally 5 seconds, and Darwin Barney got a base hit. DANGIT!!

    Comment


    • #3
      I'm gonna say no, since Darwin Barney just singled.
      San Francisco Giants, World Series Champions in 2010, 2012, and 2014!!!

      "Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts" ~ Albert Einstein

      "Royals wear crowns, but Champions Kiss the Ring" ~ Jeremy Affeldt

      Comment


      • #4
        Hahaha. I ******* jinxed him. :P Damn.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Jobu Voodoo View Post
          Hahaha. I ******* jinxed him. :P Damn.
          Should have titled it "Gio Gonzalez has a 'You Know What' going through 5.

          Comment


          • #6
            You don't speak of perfecto when its going on biggest No-No in sports
            All it takes for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing. -Unknown

            A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination. -Nelson Mandela

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by RaysFan_98 View Post
              You don't speak of perfecto when its going on biggest No-No in sports
              LMAO. Yeah, I thought about it after the fact. I was thinking to myself, "I wonder if that only applies to the players in the dug out or everybody?"

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by RaysFan_98 View Post
                You don't speak of perfecto when its going on biggest No-No in sports
                Which is, IMHO, total BS. Talk about it all you want. Logically speaking, words in a dugout (or among fans) cannot affect on field performance.
                It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Mr. Laser Beam View Post
                  Which is, IMHO, total BS. Talk about it all you want. Logically speaking, words in a dugout (or among fans) cannot affect on field performance.
                  And yet everytime you seem to talk about it while going on it seems to get lost.
                  All it takes for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing. -Unknown

                  A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination. -Nelson Mandela

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Many people either in the stands or at home talked about it every single time a successful no-no or perfect game has ever happened. I have personally talked about the potential of perfect games or no-nos (that came to fruition) as they were happening with my wife many times. On Baseball Fever itself, many threads have been started about potential no-nos. Some of the no-nos happened anyway. A no-hitter has never happened in which some spectator hasn't talked about it with somebody. So unless one believes that their speech singularly has the power that other people do not...

                    The reason no-nos seem to not happen when people talk about them is because it is always more likely than not that a hit will be allowed after the 6th inning, which is when people start noticing and talking about it.
                    .
                    Last edited by Bothrops Atrox; 09-05-2012, 09:04 PM.
                    1885 1886 1926 1931 1934 1942 1944 1946 1964 1967 1982 2006 2011

                    1887 1888 1928 1930 1943 1968 1985 1987 2004 2013

                    1996 2000 2001 2002 2005 2009 2012 2014 2015


                    The Top 100 Pitchers In MLB History
                    The Top 100 Position Players In MLB History

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by RaysFan_98 View Post
                      You don't speak of perfecto when its going on biggest No-No in sports
                      "Why?", says Michael Kay.
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IuUTqSKNAH0

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Matthew C. View Post
                        Many people either in the stands or at home talked about it every single time a successful no-no or perfect game has ever happened. I have personally talked about the potential of perfect games or no-nos (that came to fruition) as they were happening with my wife many times. On Baseball Fever itself, many threads have been started about potential no-nos. Some of the no-nos happened anyway. A no-hitter has never happened in which some spectator hasn't talked about it with somebody. So unless one believes that their speech singularly has the power that other people do not...

                        The reason no-nos seem to not happen when people talk about them is because it is always more likely than not that a hit will be allowed after the 6th inning, which is when people start noticing and talking about it.
                        .
                        Thats right one, that says it all, how many talk about a no hitter in the very early innings.
                        How anyone with common sense could believe talk can jinx a no hitter is beyond me.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by SHOELESSJOE3 View Post
                          Thats right one, that says it all, how many talk about a no hitter in the very early innings.
                          How anyone with common sense could believe talk can jinx a no hitter is beyond me.
                          If I could effect the outcome of baseball games from afar, I'd move to Las Vegas and become a very rich man.
                          They call me Mr. Baseball. Not because of my love for the game; because of all the stitches in my head.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I asked my Ouija board if a fan can jinx a no-hitter or perfect game by talking about it. It spelled N-O.

                            Although, then I asked it again with my eyes closed this time, and it spelled X-R-Q-5-C-V. Not sure what that means.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by RaysFan_98 View Post
                              And yet everytime you seem to talk about it while going on it seems to get lost.
                              He wasn't the one who talked about it this time, though.

                              Laser Beam, what's the pick 6 for tonight?
                              Dave Bill Tom George Mark Bob Ernie Soupy Dick Alex Sparky
                              Joe Gary MCA Emanuel Sonny Dave Earl Stan
                              Jonathan Neil Roger Anthony Ray Thomas Art Don
                              Gates Philip John Warrior Rik Casey Tony Horace
                              Robin Bill Ernie JEDI

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X