Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's Got a Spare $1B+ Under Their Mattress?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's Got a Spare $1B+ Under Their Mattress?

Apparently, the Boston Red Sox are willing to hear offers in a possible sale of the team according to Fox Business. Some assumptions are saying John Henry may want to put more time into Liverpool FC.

The owners of the Boston Red Sox are mulling a potential sale of the storied baseball franchise, and have even begun quietly shopping the team to potential buyers, the FOX Business Network has learned.

The team is owned by the Fenway Sports Group, which also owns the English football team Liverpool FC. While no final decision has been made about a potential sale, and the talks appear to be in the early stages, executives at Fenway Sports are debating whether they have the financial resources to run both teams, according to people with direct knowledge of the matter.

Rest of story here: Boston Red Sox Could Be on the Block
    "Chuckie doesn't take on 2-0. Chuckie's hackin'." - Chuck Carr two days prior to being released by the Milwaukee Brewers

Guys...you're supposed to sell HIGH, you really blew this one.
    Dumping those big contracts was especially smart if they were already thinking about selling, though.

Guess this might at least hold out the promise of getting rid of Lucchino. Think Boston businessman Frank McCourt will get a bid together?
    "If I drink whiskey, I'll never get worms!" - Hack Wilson

Comment

This is pretty much a non-story until a report of an actual conversation with an actual potential buyer surfaces.

The same 'story' came out in reference to the Steinbrenners a few months ago.
      Last edited by GiambiJuice; 09-13-2012, 01:08 PM.
      My top 10 players:

1. Babe Ruth
      2. Barry Bonds
      3. Ty Cobb
      4. Ted Williams
      5. Willie Mays
      6. Alex Rodriguez
      7. Hank Aaron
      8. Honus Wagner
      9. Lou Gehrig
      10. Mickey Mantle

Comment