Miguel Cabrera and the Triple Crown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tyrus4189Cobb View Post
    Rangers end their season with a postseason ticket but no division. Hamilton does not homer, leaving him with 43. VERY unlikely that Encarnacion hits three to surpass Miggy (like one in a million). One in ten million for Granderson, who would have to homer three more times in five innings. Trout is one for two in the sixth inning batting .324.

Looks like we have our Triple Crown winner.
    that 2 in a row for the tigers as verlander won the pitching triple crown last year
    the following article says that justin is going to give his CROWN to miggy
    http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2012/1...season-finale/
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by drdg View Post
      that 2 in a row for the tigers as verlander won the pitching triple crown last year
      the following article says that justin is going to give his CROWN to miggy
      http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2012/1...season-finale/
      Verlander is a great teammate.

I'm stuck at school with no cable and I'm dying. I know he has the crown but I wanna watch the Tigers/Royals game. I'm resorting to using MLB Gameday in one tab and MLB LIVE Look-Ins in another, which should give live video once Cabrera comes to the plate. He's next once the inning turns back over to Detroit.
      "Allen Sutton Sothoron pitched his initials off today."--1920s article

Comment

• If Miggy does it he does deserve the MVP, and give Trout the Rookie Of The Year. In addition to the Triple Crown, if you take Miggy out of the Tigers they only have one other star hitter. Take Trout out of The Angels, and they still have some great players. Yes Trout has made those guys better, but Miggy to me is the nucleaus of The Tigers. Hes an awesome hitter who doesn't even strike out a lot.

Comment

• Originally posted by George H Ruth View Post

1) Baseball is still going on? (aka NFL! NFL! NFL!)

2) After the sabermetrics revolution, the Triple Crown has lost some of its luster because we don't value batting average and RBIs in the same way that we used to.

3) He plays in Detroit. Not being on a coast - or Chicago - Detroit doesn't count as a real city.

4) The revamped wild card chase in baseball keeps other stories front and center longer, whereas playoff spots used to be wrapped up much earlier.

5) Cabrera made his charge late, after a lot of narratives for this season had been settled on, and regardless of what happens, this will be remembered as the summer of Mike Trout, R.A. Dickey, Stephen Strasburg, and the Baltimore Orioles.
          AN article reminded me of #6 (or added to #1); the 2012 presidential election.
          "Allen Sutton Sothoron pitched his initials off today."--1920s article

Comment

• Bill Terry lost the 1931 batting title by a fraction of a point after a game,that he connected for a hit that would have given him the title,was forfeited because the umpires couldn`t get the fans off the field.The fans were on the field because they had grown restless with a long delay of the game because of dark clouds in the sky.No rain,but because of threatening looking clouds!!??In 1953,American League 3b Al Rosen lost the Triple Crown on his last at bat as he was called out a first for missing the bag as he apparently had beat out an infield hit.That caused him to lose the BA part of Triple Crown.

Comment

• here is a story about mickey mantle and all the items he got

http://www.americanheritage1.com/spo...key-mantle.htm

Yas
              http://mlbreports.com/2012/09/25/miggy/
              sigpic

Comment

• That's it.

.330 - 44 HR - 139 RBI

The triple crown; how many thought it would never happen again?

Comment

• Originally posted by redban View Post
                  That's it.

.330 - 44 HR - 139 RBI

The triple crown; how many thought it would never happen again?
                  Early this year I made a post about how it will never happen again because the quality of play today is too strong. I obviously spoke too soon.

Amazing accomplishment, and although he's not my choice for MVP, I won't be outraged if he wins it.

Comment

• Congratulations Cabrera . . . 45 years . .. some kind of achievement! Don't be goin' for no encores , ,, please ;-)
                    Some's basturds, some's ain't, thats the score.

Comment

• Awesome job Miggy. :applaud:

The thing that I like best about it is, one of the few guys that people said could do it, did it. Premium talent shined brightly here.
                      http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploa...-showalter.gif

Comment

• Amazing! MVP guaranteed.

WAR is for the history channel, Trout for the Food Network!
                        "Herman Franks to Sal Yvars to Bobby Thomson. Ralph Branca to Bobby Thomson to Helen Rita... cue Russ Hodges."

Comment

• Originally posted by StanTheMan View Post
                          Amazing! MVP guaranteed.

WAR is for the history channel, Trout for the Food Network!
                          Trout is for the Fishing Network.
                          My top 10 players:

1. Babe Ruth
                          2. Barry Bonds
                          3. Ty Cobb
                          4. Ted Williams
                          5. Willie Mays
                          6. Alex Rodriguez
                          7. Hank Aaron
                          8. Honus Wagner
                          9. Lou Gehrig
                          10. Mickey Mantle

Comment

• Good job miggy triple crown winner
                            All it takes for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing. -Unknown

A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination. -Nelson Mandela

Comment

• I have been Cabrera's biggest fan since he was traded to Detroit, my favorite player ever, but I don't care if he wins MVP. At the end of the day, everybody knows who's the best hitter in the game. No award needed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Yankee Mystique View Post
                                If Miggy does it he does deserve the MVP, and give Trout the Rookie Of The Year. In addition to the Triple Crown, if you take Miggy out of the Tigers they only have one other star hitter. Take Trout out of The Angels, and they still have some great players. Yes Trout has made those guys better, but Miggy to me is the nucleaus of The Tigers. Hes an awesome hitter who doesn't even strike out a lot.
                                This is a stupid argument. You can not just assume that taking Trout out of the lineup they would still be good. The Tigers still have Prince Fielder who had a better season then any of Trouts teammates did.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X