The playoff matches as of now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The playoff matches as of now

I'm not sure about the format. can teams now play against teams in their own division?

Is that this correct:

1st vs 4th/5th
    2nd vs 3rd

or does the division play a role (for example if 1st, 4th, 5th are all in one division)?
    I now have my own non commercial blog about training for batspeed and power using my training experience in baseball and track and field.

Originally posted by dominik View Post
    I'm not sure about the format. can teams now play against teams in their own division?

Is that this correct:

1st vs 4th/5th
    2nd vs 3rd

or does the division play a role (for example if 1st, 4th, 5th are all in one division)?
    Under the new CBA, teams can play others in their division.
    "Chuckie doesn't take on 2-0. Chuckie's hackin'." - Chuck Carr two days prior to being released by the Milwaukee Brewers

Comment

Prior to today's games, this is how I think it would look...

AL

Baltimore vs Oakland (1-game)

Texas vs Balt/Oak Winner (5-game)
      New York vs Chicago (5-game)

NL

Atlanta vs St. Louis (1-game)

Washington vs Atl/StL Winner (5-game)
      Cincinnati vs San Francicso (5-game)

The closest thing to change could be Washington and Cincinnati swapping opponents since they're 1/2 game apart of having best NL record. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
      "Chuckie doesn't take on 2-0. Chuckie's hackin'." - Chuck Carr two days prior to being released by the Milwaukee Brewers

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Grimm View Post
        The closest thing to change could be Washington and Cincinnati swapping opponents since they're 1/2 game apart of having best NL record. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
        I believe you're correct, but there are several teams that still have a shot in the Wild Card races.
        Baseball Junk Drawer

Comment

the NLDS are locked up now as the nats secured the first place in the NL:

Nats vs Cards/braves

Giants vs Reds

the AL will be determined today.
          I now have my own non commercial blog about training for batspeed and power using my training experience in baseball and track and field.

Comment

looks like the rangers are going to win (even though they lost the west title) as they get to host the one-game W/C playoff

for now it looks like it is against the birds
            and the rangers had a better head to head record against the orioles
            3-1 at baltimore
            2-1 at home
            sigpic

Comment

I'm glad the Orioles ended the season with a loss. If we absolutely must play this silly Wild Card game, it might as well be one that would've been played anyway, as the Rangers and Orioles would've had to go to a Game 163 to determine the Wild Card winner under the old system.
              Baseball Junk Drawer

Comment

This looks like how things should kick off. Some teams haven't named their starters yet for Game 1 of the Div Series and I haven't heard who Baltimore's going with, but Suanders would be on regular rest.

Friday (10/5)

St. Louis (Lohse) @ Atlanta (Medlen)
                Baltimore (Saunders?) @ Texas (Darvish)

Beginning Saturday (10/6)

Cincinnati (Cueto) @ San Francisco (Cain)
                Washington (Zimmerman/Gonzalez?) @ St. Louis/Atlanta winner
                Oakland (Parker/Milone?) @ Detroit (Verlander)
                N.Y. Yankees (Sabathia?) @ Baltimore/Texas winner

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X