No announcement yet.

So long Manny Acta...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd bet the farm Francona ends up managing the Tribe.
    San Francisco Giants, World Series Champions in 2010, 2012, and 2014!!!

"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts" ~ Albert Einstein

"Royals wear crowns, but Champions Kiss the Ring" ~ Jeremy Affeldt

Comment

Originally posted by Rich the Giants fan View Post
      That would be interesting. I'd love to have him.

Comment

I think Francona is the exact opposite of what Cleveland needs right now. They have enough young kids that could use a "kick in the butt" type manager to get things going. Francona certainly isn't that, in fact he's only been really successful surrounded by high-dollar star players.
        "Chuckie doesn't take on 2-0. Chuckie's hackin'." - Chuck Carr two days prior to being released by the Milwaukee Brewers

Comment

Originally posted by dominik View Post
          maybe this is a PR move to get some people into the stands for the last games?
          Could it be that Mr. Acta has a contract which kicks in for next year if he finishes 2012? That would make sense for a penurious club like Cleveland.

stevegallanter.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by Steven Gallanter View Post
            Could it be that Mr. Acta has a contract which kicks in for next year if he finishes 2012? That would make sense for a penurious club like Cleveland.

stevegallanter.wordpress.com
            He did have a 2013 club option
            46 wins to match last year's total

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Grimm View Post
              I think Francona is the exact opposite of what Cleveland needs right now. They have enough young kids that could use a "kick in the butt" type manager to get things going. Francona certainly isn't that, in fact he's only been really successful surrounded by high-dollar star players.
              Our problem isn't undisciplined players though. Our problem is a lack of talent, period. We trade away all of our developed talent and then, on a fluke of a season, we have a chance to make the playoffs and trade away our farm for a "flash-in-the-pan" pitcher (Ubaldo Jimenez). Now we have little talent coming up in the farm and little talent on the team itself. We need new owners.

It has always baffled me why the Dolan's do not invest more in the team when it is a proven fact that if we have a good team, the stands will fill. Look at Dick Jacobs...He spent money on a winning team and was met with 455 consecutive sell out games.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich the Giants fan View Post
                Originally posted by Jobu Voodoo View Post
                That would be interesting. I'd love to have him.
                Ken Rosenthal is reporting that Francona will interview for the Cleveland job.
                They call me Mr. Baseball. Not because of my love for the game; because of all the stitches in my head.

Comment

Om today's Indians broadcast Tom Hamilton said that it will probably be between Terry Francona and Sandy Alomar Jr. If they are the only two candidates I hope Francona gets it.

Comment

Originally posted by ol' aches and pains View Post
                    Ken Rosenthal is reporting that Francona will interview for the Cleveland job.
                    That isn't a good fit.
                    All it takes for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing. -Unknown

A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination. -Nelson Mandela

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X