X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dominik
    replied
    Originally posted by brett View Post
    Pujols is adjusting his style, which is a sign. I think his extra base power will stay high though for a few years, and he could even hit 45+

Since May 15th: .312/.374/.589 over 119 games.

LA also has a low offensive park factor: .310 OB% and .397 slugging, so his rates for those 119 games would be at a 169 OPS+, better than his career rates.
    yes. we he is on he is still one of the best. I think he will continue to be but I wonder if over time his hot periods will get shorter and those slumps get longer. like last year he did finish strong but in both years he also had extended slumps (not just a bad week but really long slumps) in both of those years. He did not have those in the ten seasons before (of course even in his prime he would go occasionally 0-15 but that he hit a whole month like mario mendoza was unheard of).

Leave a comment:

• brett
    replied
    Pujols is adjusting his style, which is a sign. I think his extra base power will stay high though for a few years, and he could even hit 45+

Since May 15th: .312/.374/.589 over 119 games.

LA also has a low offensive park factor: .310 OB% and .397 slugging, so his rates for those 119 games would be at a 169 OPS+, better than his career rates.

Leave a comment:

• UnderPressure
    replied
    Originally posted by fenrir View Post
    This is true. I'm just baffled at his walk rate dropping so much.
    Maybe because pitchers aren't that afraid of him like they were in his prime.

Leave a comment:

• fenrir
    replied
    Originally posted by GiambiJuice View Post
    Pujols also has 50 doubles and his 80 XBH is second in the AL behind Robinson Cano (82).
    This is true. I'm just baffled at his walk rate dropping so much.

Leave a comment:

• GiambiJuice
    replied
    Originally posted by fenrir View Post
    .285/.343/.516 line
    30 home runs
    105 RBI's
    141 OPS+
    4.6 WAR
    52 walks (16 intentional)

A solid season, and hardly "finished" as some of his detractors asserted earlier in the season, but is this the definite decline of Pujols? He's going on 33, so it's highly unlikely that he ever has another season at his peak level, but who knows.
    Pujols also has 50 doubles and his 80 XBH is second in the AL behind Robinson Cano (82).

Plus Pujols is one of only two players (Jose Reyes being the other) with more XBH than strikeouts.
    Last edited by GiambiJuice; 10-04-2012, 01:54 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Tyrus4189Cobb
    replied
    I don't think so. His numbers are regular Pujols once he got through April. He did well considering the big move under the pressure of a huge contract and, as usual, his tolerance for pain kept him performing. He will do better next year.

It's also worth noting that as we enter a pitching era, his raw numbers may never be the same.

Leave a comment:

• Honus Wagner Rules
    replied
    I think Pujols has 1 or 2 "monster" seasons left in him.

Leave a comment:

• fenrir
    started a topic Albert Pujols 2012 season

Albert Pujols 2012 season

.285/.343/.516 line
    30 home runs
    105 RBI's
    141 OPS+
    4.6 WAR
    52 walks (16 intentional)

A solid season, and hardly "finished" as some of his detractors asserted earlier in the season, but is this the definite decline of Pujols? He's going on 33, so it's highly unlikely that he ever has another season at his peak level, but who knows.

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X