Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where did the braves get that chant?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Where did the braves get that chant?

    Was it from FSU? Because it sounds just like FSU's Chant :ooo:
    All it takes for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing. -Unknown

    A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination. -Nelson Mandela

  • #2
    I don't know where they got it, but I know it's racist.
    My top 10 players:

    1. Babe Ruth
    2. Barry Bonds
    3. Ty Cobb
    4. Ted Williams
    5. Willie Mays
    6. Alex Rodriguez
    7. Hank Aaron
    8. Honus Wagner
    9. Lou Gehrig
    10. Mickey Mantle

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by GiambiJuice View Post
      I don't know where they got it, but I know it's racist.
      I didn't know it was racist how is it Racist?
      All it takes for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing. -Unknown

      A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination. -Nelson Mandela

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by RaysFan_98 View Post
        I didn't know it was racist how is it Racist?
        I guess it would be because of the Indian tomahawk thing the fans do.

        University of Illinois got Chief Illini taken away and I'm kinda surprised the Chicago Blackhawks were able to keep their name after that.
        Last edited by chicagowhitesox1173; 10-05-2012, 02:42 PM.
        "(Shoeless Joe Jackson's fall from grace is one of the real tragedies of baseball. I always thought he was more sinned against than sinning." -- Connie Mack

        "I have the ultimate respect for Whitesox fans. They were as miserable as the Cubs and Redsox fans ever were but always had the good decency to keep it to themselves. And when they finally won the World Series, they celebrated without annoying every other fan in the country."--Jim Caple, ESPN (Jan. 12, 2011)

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by chicagowhitesox1173 View Post
          I guess it would be because of the Indian tomahawk thing the fans do.
          I know the Seminole tribe has given FSU The right to use it and has no issues with them using it it was a big debate down here about that a couple of years.
          All it takes for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing. -Unknown

          A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination. -Nelson Mandela

          Comment


          • #6
            Florida State and my man Bobby Bowden


            now all them other indian teams rip it off

            Comment


            • #7
              Thats strange because University of Illinois had their mascot taken away. I'm thinking money is a big part of this now.
              "(Shoeless Joe Jackson's fall from grace is one of the real tragedies of baseball. I always thought he was more sinned against than sinning." -- Connie Mack

              "I have the ultimate respect for Whitesox fans. They were as miserable as the Cubs and Redsox fans ever were but always had the good decency to keep it to themselves. And when they finally won the World Series, they celebrated without annoying every other fan in the country."--Jim Caple, ESPN (Jan. 12, 2011)

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by chicagowhitesox1173 View Post
                Thats strange because University of Illinois had their mascot taken away. I'm thinking money is a big part of this now.
                They said FSU's isn't abusive or offensive
                All it takes for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing. -Unknown

                A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination. -Nelson Mandela

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by RaysFan_98 View Post
                  They said FSU's isn't abusive or offensive
                  I didn't think Illinois had a disrepectful ritual in fact I thought the Illini mascot really payed homage to American Indians. Then again maybe some people were offended by it. Giambi has a point with the Bravs because the tomahawk thing is pretty stereotypical of a Indian warrior. But i'm guessing they got it from the Seminoles too.
                  "(Shoeless Joe Jackson's fall from grace is one of the real tragedies of baseball. I always thought he was more sinned against than sinning." -- Connie Mack

                  "I have the ultimate respect for Whitesox fans. They were as miserable as the Cubs and Redsox fans ever were but always had the good decency to keep it to themselves. And when they finally won the World Series, they celebrated without annoying every other fan in the country."--Jim Caple, ESPN (Jan. 12, 2011)

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by chicagowhitesox1173 View Post
                    I didn't think Illinois had a disrepectful ritual in fact I thought the Illini mascot really payed homage to American Indians. Then again maybe some people were offended by it. Giambi has a point with the Bravs because the tomahawk thing is pretty stereotypical of a Indian warrior. But i'm guessing they got it from the Seminoles too.
                    Mascot

                    Main article: Native American mascot controversy
                    The mascots for the Florida State Seminoles are Chief Osceola and Renegade. The Seminole Tribe of Florida officially sanctions the use of the Seminole as Florida State University’s nickname and of Chief Osceola as FSU's mascot. In a poll conducted by ESPN, Florida State was chosen to have the best college mascot.
                    Florida State recently revived the character of Cimarron, a costume mascot that will make appearances at many FSU athletic events and functions. In addition, the character will make public appearances and will be available for functions at area schools and service projects, as well as with the spirit groups.

                    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Florida...noles_football
                    All it takes for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing. -Unknown

                    A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination. -Nelson Mandela

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by chicagowhitesox1173 View Post
                      Thats strange because University of Illinois had their mascot taken away. I'm thinking money is a big part of this now.
                      Until 1972 Stanford University's sports teams were called the Stanford Indians.

                      coaster_large.jpg


                      photo.notcardinal.jpg


                      stanford-dartmouth-1931.jpg
                      Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they're fascist. Throw some ground balls - it's more democratic.-Crash Davis

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        They got it from Florida State and Deion Sanders.

                        According to the Rules of Racism in today's society, the specific minority has full say on whether an action is racist. And once something is deemed racist, all attempts are made by bigwigs to stop the behavior. The Seminole tribe has not demanded the Florida State fans stop the Tomahawk Chop. Therefore, it is not racist.

                        The Tomahawk Chop could stop overnight in Atlanta and nobody would care. So until such time it is deemed so henious by a truly influential group, it will continue.
                        46 wins to match last year's total

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by RaysFan_98 View Post
                          Mascot

                          Main article: Native American mascot controversy
                          The mascots for the Florida State Seminoles are Chief Osceola and Renegade. The Seminole Tribe of Florida officially sanctions the use of the Seminole as Florida State University’s nickname and of Chief Osceola as FSU's mascot. In a poll conducted by ESPN, Florida State was chosen to have the best college mascot.
                          Florida State recently revived the character of Cimarron, a costume mascot that will make appearances at many FSU athletic events and functions. In addition, the character will make public appearances and will be available for functions at area schools and service projects, as well as with the spirit groups.

                          http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Florida...noles_football
                          I think if the Seminoles were in California or Illinois they would be banned too. I doubt the Stanford or the Illinois mascot did anything too much different than the Seminole mascot.
                          "(Shoeless Joe Jackson's fall from grace is one of the real tragedies of baseball. I always thought he was more sinned against than sinning." -- Connie Mack

                          "I have the ultimate respect for Whitesox fans. They were as miserable as the Cubs and Redsox fans ever were but always had the good decency to keep it to themselves. And when they finally won the World Series, they celebrated without annoying every other fan in the country."--Jim Caple, ESPN (Jan. 12, 2011)

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by chicagowhitesox1173 View Post
                            I think if the Seminoles were in California or Illinois they would be banned too. I doubt the Stanford or the Illinois mascot did anything too much different than the Seminole mascot.
                            Well i am pretty sure that is really pointless considering the Seminoles are named after a tribe here in Florida and they are a school here in Florida.
                            All it takes for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing. -Unknown

                            A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination. -Nelson Mandela

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by RaysFan_98 View Post
                              Well i am pretty sure that is really pointless considering the Seminoles are named after a tribe here in Florida and they are a school here in Florida.
                              I'm just saying I think some states got pushed harder to get rid of the mascots.
                              "(Shoeless Joe Jackson's fall from grace is one of the real tragedies of baseball. I always thought he was more sinned against than sinning." -- Connie Mack

                              "I have the ultimate respect for Whitesox fans. They were as miserable as the Cubs and Redsox fans ever were but always had the good decency to keep it to themselves. And when they finally won the World Series, they celebrated without annoying every other fan in the country."--Jim Caple, ESPN (Jan. 12, 2011)

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X