X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bothrops Atrox
    replied
    Originally posted by ian2813 View Post
    What was I thinking? Watching teams with packed trophy cases add to the pile at the expense of teams without any titles is awesome! Everyone knows that certain franchises are just supposed to win and others are just supposed to lose and we're supposed to see the same results over and over. Nothing beats that kind of excitement, no sir! I haven't felt this kind of thrill since I last watched a rerun of Gilligan's Island!

Have fun knowing that your 88-win team wouldn't even be in the playoffs now if MLB hadn't added a second Wild Card that served no purpose whatsoever. The Cardinals have an unmatched talent for getting every break to go their way. As for me, I'm not going to follow the rest of these playoffs because I know that either the Yankees or the Cardinals is going to hoist the trophy, and that'll be a complete non-story when it happens. I have better things to do than watch another potentially great season circle the drain.
    9 playoff appearances and 7 NLCS appearances in 13 years (8 in 17) doesn't happen just because of breaks. You need to build a very talented team year after year after year for that to happen.

And keep in mind the biggest hose job ever in 1981. Coleman and the tarp? Flood slipping in the OF? Matheny and the butcher knife? Frickin' Don Denkinger? Rolen missing the NLCS in both 2002 and 2005? The Bullpen Phone? No Carp in 2004 and no Wainwright in 2011? Heck, from 1985 to 2005, the Cardinals were eliminated by teams with worse records in 7/8 postseason appearances. 3x by teams with ten or more losses than STL, once by a team with fewer runs scored than runs allowed. These things come full circle.

Not too worried about the 88 wins thing. They are the defending champs, had the second best run differential in the NL, are spilling over with past, present, and future All Stars, and are a much better team than their record indicates.

Enojy watching Gilligan's Island, though.
    Last edited by Bothrops Atrox; 10-13-2012, 01:17 AM.

Leave a comment:

• ian2813
    replied
    Originally posted by Bulldog19 View Post
    Somebody's jealous. Matthew, I'm having fun too! #12in12 #HappyFlight!
    What was I thinking? Watching teams with packed trophy cases add to the pile at the expense of teams without any titles is awesome! Everyone knows that certain franchises are just supposed to win and others are just supposed to lose and we're supposed to see the same results over and over. Nothing beats that kind of excitement, no sir! I haven't felt this kind of thrill since I last watched a rerun of Gilligan's Island!

Have fun knowing that your 88-win team wouldn't even be in the playoffs now if MLB hadn't added a second Wild Card that served no purpose whatsoever. The Cardinals have an unmatched talent for getting every break to go their way. As for me, I'm not going to follow the rest of these playoffs because I know that either the Yankees or the Cardinals is going to hoist the trophy, and that'll be a complete non-story when it happens. I have better things to do than watch another potentially great season circle the drain.

Leave a comment:

• Bulldog19
    replied
    Told ya. If there's a likable, interesting team out there, the Cardinals will crush them. They have some strange magic on their side that's designed to take the fun out of baseball.

This season's pretty much dead to me now. The only team left in the playoffs that I'd be happy for is the Tigers, and there's no way they're going to win it. I wish I hadn't wasted six months of my life on this.
    Originally posted by Matthew C. View Post
    I don't know, I am having a lot of fun.
    Somebody's jealous. Matthew, I'm having fun too! #12in12 #HappyFlight!

Leave a comment:

• Bothrops Atrox
    replied
    They have some strange magic on their side that's designed to take the fun out of baseball.

I don't know, I am having a lot of fun.

Leave a comment:

• ian2813
    replied
    Told ya. If there's a likable, interesting team out there, the Cardinals will crush them. They have some strange magic on their side that's designed to take the fun out of baseball.

This season's pretty much dead to me now. The only team left in the playoffs that I'd be happy for is the Tigers, and there's no way they're going to win it. I wish I hadn't wasted six months of my life on this.

Leave a comment:

• brett
    replied
    Are the Cards this years Cards?

Leave a comment:

• DownUnderDodger
    replied
    Very disappointed. I was looking forward to Gnats v Nats. Washington blew it, but all credit to the Cards for not giving up!!

Leave a comment:

• geezer
    replied
    Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay Cards win, what a finish, and now everybody in DC will remember the name Kozma for a while

Leave a comment:

• RaysFan_98
    replied
    Originally posted by brewcrew82 View Post
    It appears this thread angered the Mocker Gods.
    It angered the Baseball gods for sure.

Leave a comment:

• StanTheMan
    replied
    Four in the 9th for the Redbirds!

U N B E L I E V A B L E !!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• brewcrew82
    replied
    It appears this thread angered the Mocker Gods.

Leave a comment:

• 1905 Giants
    replied
    Well, its over now folks.

Leave a comment:

• DiggerODell
    replied
    Originally posted by Matthew C. View Post
    Haven't you been paying attention the past 2 years?
    Touche . . . . .

Leave a comment:

• Bothrops Atrox
    replied
    Originally posted by DiggerODell View Post
    Oops! This was a most presumptuous thread on my part . . . unless the Nat's come back in bot 9 . . . this thread is dead ;-) Silver lining is . . . least the Giants might begin the next series at home . . . smilin' My apologies to die hard Cardinals fans, I should not have presumed.
    Haven't you been paying attention the past 2 years?

Leave a comment:

• Bothrops Atrox
    replied
    The Cardinals will win this game. Thinking otherwise strikes me as utterly ridiculous.
    Good call.

Leave a comment:

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X