Guillen Fired, Fisk Arrested

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guillen Fired, Fisk Arrested

Today was a sad one for White Sox fans. The Marlins fired Ozzie Guillen, and Carlton Fisk was arrested in Illinois for DUI.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/85...-miami-marlins
    http://espn.go.com/chicago/mlb/story...sk-charged-dui
    They call me Mr. Baseball. Not because of my love for the game; because of all the stitches in my head.

We all knew Ozzie was gonna get canned.
    All it takes for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing. -Unknown

A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination. -Nelson Mandela

Comment

Originally posted by RaysFan_98 View Post
      We all knew Ozzie was gonna get canned.
      Yes, but we didn't know Carlton Fisk would drive into a cornfield on the same day. A real bad day for two of my favorite ex-White Sox.
      They call me Mr. Baseball. Not because of my love for the game; because of all the stitches in my head.

Comment

Originally posted by ol' aches and pains View Post
        Yes, but we didn't know Carlton Fisk would drive into a cornfield on the same day. A real bad day for two of my favorite ex-White Sox.
        No but no offence i have no sympathy for those who drink and drive.
        All it takes for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing. -Unknown

A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination. -Nelson Mandela

Comment

Fisk must have been celebrating his 1975 homerun. 37 years ago to the day.
          "(Shoeless Joe Jackson's fall from grace is one of the real tragedies of baseball. I always thought he was more sinned against than sinning." -- Connie Mack

"I have the ultimate respect for Whitesox fans. They were as miserable as the Cubs and Redsox fans ever were but always had the good decency to keep it to themselves. And when they finally won the World Series, they celebrated without annoying every other fan in the country."--Jim Caple, ESPN (Jan. 12, 2011)

Comment

I hope he didn't run over Shoeless Joe Jackson in that cornfield.
            "(Shoeless Joe Jackson's fall from grace is one of the real tragedies of baseball. I always thought he was more sinned against than sinning." -- Connie Mack

"I have the ultimate respect for Whitesox fans. They were as miserable as the Cubs and Redsox fans ever were but always had the good decency to keep it to themselves. And when they finally won the World Series, they celebrated without annoying every other fan in the country."--Jim Caple, ESPN (Jan. 12, 2011)

Comment

When the cops were catching up to him, did he wave them to the right?
              "Chuckie doesn't take on 2-0. Chuckie's hackin'." - Chuck Carr two days prior to being released by the Milwaukee Brewers

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Grimm View Post
                When the cops were catching up to him, did he wave them to the right?
                No catching up. No chase at all, in fact. See the link.

Comment

Since when is it a lane violation for turning into an open cornfield? ;-)

37 years ago I watched that home run from my standing room spot behind home plate.
                  "He's tougher than a railroad sandwich."
                  "You'se Got The Eye Of An Eagle."

Comment

Originally posted by ol' aches and pains View Post
                    What did you like about Ozzie Guillen?
                    The Mets have the best, smartest fans in baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyK View Post
                      Since when is it a lane violation for turning into an open cornfield? ;-)

37 years ago I watched that home run from my standing room spot behind home plate.
                      I was thinking the same thing. Maybe they got his tire tracks leading into the cornfield.

Comment

keep feeling fascination

I think this song says it all

the Marlins owner was fascinated with winning it all in one year
                        and spell bound by that colorful stadium
                        since the fantasy didn't come true
                        now he has to clean house again
                        and probably wil make changes to that awful looking spaceship/cruise ship of a stadium

as for Carlton Fisk I think he fantasizing when he drove into those cornfields
                        Last edited by drdg; 10-23-2012, 05:59 PM.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Blue387 View Post
                          What did you like about Ozzie Guillen?
                          The only White Sox WS win in 88 years, for one thing.

And I don't approve of drunk driving, either, just to get that on the record. But at least Fisk didn't hurt anybody.

Comment

Originally posted by drdg View Post
                            I think this song says it all

the Marlins owner was fascinated with winning it all in one year
                            and spell bound by that colorful stadium
                            since the fantasy didn't come true
                            now he has to clean house again
                            and probably wil make changes to that awful looking spaceship/cruise ship of a stadium

as for Carlton Fisk I think he fantasizing when he drove into those cornfields
                            I agree, that stadium is horrid looking...as a player, i might almost be embarrassed by the outfield area

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X