• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking at WS is $130

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-bi...b.html#more-id

Who the hell can pay that ****?
    All it takes for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing. -Unknown

A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination. -Nelson Mandela

Who the hell wants to drive in cities like Detroit and SF anyway? (At least SF has public transit. Detroit apparently doesn't, apart from the people mover)
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

Comment

Originally posted by RaysFan_98 View Post
      well it is valet parking and across the street from the ballpark. Seriously, they can ask anything they want for parking, you'll pay if you are desperate, can't find anywhere else to park and don't want to pay a $150 ticket.

Comment

Originally posted by RaysFan_98 View Post
        The full lots of people who did? Probably the same demographic of people who can afford $500-$5,000 per ticket to see the game.
        1885 1886 1926 1931 1934 1942 1944 1946 1964 1967 1982 2006 2011

1887 1888 1928 1930 1943 1968 1985 1987 2004 2013

1996 2000 2001 2002 2005 2009 2012 2014 2015

The Top 100 Pitchers In MLB History
        The Top 100 Position Players In MLB History

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew C. View Post
          The full lots of people who did?
          And their passengers who chipped in with them!
          "Herman Franks to Sal Yvars to Bobby Thomson. Ralph Branca to Bobby Thomson to Helen Rita... cue Russ Hodges."

Comment

Originally posted by StanTheMan View Post
            And their passengers who chipped in with them!
            Yeah, a lot of those are probably carpools.
            1885 1886 1926 1931 1934 1942 1944 1946 1964 1967 1982 2006 2011

1887 1888 1928 1930 1943 1968 1985 1987 2004 2013

1996 2000 2001 2002 2005 2009 2012 2014 2015

The Top 100 Pitchers In MLB History
            The Top 100 Position Players In MLB History

Comment

Don't care where it is at still riduclous.
              All it takes for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing. -Unknown

A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination. -Nelson Mandela

Comment

It's simple economics. That figure was set for one reason - it WILL sell. Same for jerseys at the stadium up charged 25% 365 days a year, soft drinks are 10,000 times more than at a grocery store or has station. Etc.

I used to work for Anheuser Busch... If a bar or ballpark buys a half barrel of beer for $200, and sells 16 ounce cups for $8, they can sell about 125 cups, and generate $1,000 in income.

If you can afford several tickets totalling into four figures (or your company has season tickets, etc) the. Dropping $100 plus for VALET PARKING is not much different than a $75,000 income household spending $80 on a nice dinner out.
                "Herman Franks to Sal Yvars to Bobby Thomson. Ralph Branca to Bobby Thomson to Helen Rita... cue Russ Hodges."

Comment

It's simple economics. That figure was set for one reason - it WILL sell. Same for jerseys at the stadium up charged 25% 365 days a year, soft drinks are 10,000 times more than at a grocery store or has station. Etc.

I used to work for Anheuser Busch... If a bar or ballpark buys a half barrel of beer for $200, and sells 16 ounce cups for $8, they can sell about 125 cups, and generate $1,000 in income.

If you can afford several tickets totalling into four figures (or your company has season tickets, etc) the. Dropping $100 plus for VALET PARKING is not much different than a $75,000 income household spending $80 on a nice dinner out.
                  As nymdan once said a couple years and I paraphrase . . . "too many numbers, head hurts!" ;-)

Thinking on this again, I think he may have actually said "too much math, head hurts" . . . but either way, it works.
                  Last edited by DiggerODell; 10-25-2012, 02:09 PM.
                  Some's basturds, some's ain't, thats the score.

Comment

I agree 100%, especially about the food and beer prices. I can't count the number of times each season I hear people complaining about beer prices as they're on their third of the night.

Our parking at Comerica is literally steps from the club entrance. We've gotten to be friends with the guys who run the lot and they give us a break on the cost. In 2006 the World Series rate was $50. This year it's all for season ticket regulars. I'm not sure what they're charging everybody else, but we're paying regular season prices for each game.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Laser Beam View Post
                      Who the hell wants to drive in cities like Detroit and SF anyway? (At least SF has public transit. Detroit apparently doesn't, apart from the people mover)
                      You do have to drive to where ever you're going to park, aren't you?
                      Dave Bill Tom George Mark Bob Ernie Soupy Dick Alex Sparky
                      Joe Gary MCA Emanuel Sonny Dave Earl Stan
                      Jonathan Neil Roger Anthony Ray Thomas Art Don
                      Gates Philip John Warrior Rik Casey Tony Horace
                      Robin Bill Ernie JEDI

Comment

I don't believe anyone is being forced to park there. Supply and demand, folks. Nothing to see here.
                        My top 10 players:

1. Babe Ruth
                        2. Barry Bonds
                        3. Ty Cobb
                        4. Ted Williams
                        5. Willie Mays
                        6. Alex Rodriguez
                        7. Hank Aaron
                        8. Honus Wagner
                        9. Lou Gehrig
                        10. Mickey Mantle

Comment

Plenty of people could - and do - take the train, or park on a street and walk in a few blocks. Parking is regularly $30 and I won't pay that.
                          San Francisco Giants, World Series Champions in 2010, 2012, and 2014!!!

"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts" ~ Albert Einstein

"Royals wear crowns, but Champions Kiss the Ring" ~ Jeremy Affeldt

Comment

It cost $35 to park in any of the official Yankee Stadium parking lots this year.

(Photo taken April 17, 2012. © Gary Dunaier. Link to upload on Flickr.com: here.)

The parking lot that's charging $130 for World Series parking... is that an official Giants parking lot, or just a private lot that's fortunate enough to be near the park?
                            X
                            What's THAT guy doing?
                            - one of the YES Network broadcasters, after the camera cut to me doing the thumbs-down after Todd Frazier's home run

Comment

And i sometimes complain about paying $10...

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X