2012 Fielding Bible Awards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2012 Fielding Bible Awards

I prefer the Fielding Bible Awards to the Gold Glove Awards. I much prefer their voting method. They have a 10 man voting panel that consists of saber guys, a former major leaguer, and baseball writers. They look at stats and observations as well. They take the voting very seriously.

Voting method: http://www.fieldingbible.com/about-t...ding-bible.asp

The Panel: http://www.fieldingbible.com/about-t...ding-bible.asp

2012 Winners: http://www.fieldingbible.com/the-winners.asp

Note: They combine the NL/AL. There are only nine Fielding Bible Award winners.
    Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they're fascist. Throw some ground balls - it's more democratic.-Crash Davis

I like it as well. It's a very good source of baseball info.

Comment

The one thing I would change is that they should still have separate NL and AL awards. But that is a minor quibble. It would be cool if at some point in the future if Rawlings would partner with the Fielding Bible group to use the Fielding Bible voting process for the official Gold Gloves.
      Last edited by Honus Wagner Rules; 11-02-2012, 12:36 PM.
      Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they're fascist. Throw some ground balls - it's more democratic.-Crash Davis

Comment

Originally posted by Honus Wagner Rules View Post
        The one thing I would change is that they should still have separate NL and AL awards. But that is a minor quibble. It would be cool is at some point in the future if Rawlings would partner with Fielding Bible group to use the Fielding Bible voting process for the official Gold Gloves.
        I agree with you completely on all counts.
        San Francisco Giants, World Series Champions in 2010, 2012, and 2014!!!

"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts" ~ Albert Einstein

"Royals wear crowns, but Champions Kiss the Ring" ~ Jeremy Affeldt

Comment

Originally posted by Rich the Giants fan View Post
          I agree with you completely on all counts.

Comment

First Base – Mark Teixeira, New York Yankees
            Second Base – Darwin Barney, Chicago Cubs
            Third Base – Adrian Beltre, Texas Rangers
            Shortstop – Brendan Ryan, Seattle Mariners
            Left Field – Alex Gordon, Kansas City Royals
            Center Field – Mike Trout, Los Angeles Angels
            Right Field – Jason Heyward, Atlanta Braves
            Catcher – Yadier Molina, St. Louis Cardinals
            Pitcher – Mark Buehrle, Miami Marlins
            "you don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. just get people to stop reading them." -ray bradbury

Comment

Originally posted by Honus Wagner Rules View Post
              The one thing I would change is that they should still have separate NL and AL awards. But that is a minor quibble. It would be cool if at some point in the future if Rawlings would partner with the Fielding Bible group to use the Fielding Bible voting process for the official Gold Gloves.
              I also agree. Plus, several guys can have great defensive years. Choosing only one shorthands the other players because they don't get a mention when looking strictly at the winners. At least you get two if you separate the leagues. I wish GG or FB voting showed the entire ballot like Cy Young or MVP.

Michael Bourn blew away the competition in the more rangier stats. I'm glad he didn't win anything since his arm isn't that great. He makes a lot of outs from speed, not necessarily skill. After seeing his 2012 fielding highlights, I wasn't too impressed. There were a lot of diving catches made in nondescript fashion. That is, they were mostly typical of a good MLB outfielder.
              Last edited by Tyrus4189Cobb; 11-12-2012, 07:39 AM.
              "Allen Sutton Sothoron pitched his initials off today."--1920s article

Comment

Originally posted by Tyrus4189Cobb View Post
                I also agree. Plus, several guys can have great defensive years. Choosing only one shorthands the other players because they don't get a mention when looking strictly at the winners. At least you get two if you separate the leagues. I wish GG or FB voting showed the entire ballot like Cy Young or MVP.

Michael Bourn blew away the competition in the more rangier stats. I'm glad he didn't win anything since his arm isn't that great. He makes a lot of outs from speed, not necessarily skill. After seeing his 2012 fielding highlights, I wasn't too impressed. There were a lot of diving catches made in nondescript fashion. That is, they were mostly typical of a good MLB outfielder.
                I also used to hate how the Gold Gloves award would not distinguish between left fielders, center fielders, and right fielders. Often three center fielders would win the three out Gold Glove Awards. That made as much sense as awarding the four infield Gold Glove Awards to four shortstops.

Comment

HWR, I see much similarities this season between the Fielding Bible and the MLB awards. Trout's travesty and Brendan Ryan are the only dark spots.
                  "I am not too serious about anything. I believe you have to enjoy yourself to get the most out of your ability."-
                  George Brett

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X