Clear All

• 8 Bold Predictions for 2013

AL

-Josh Hamilton will sign with Toronto, hit 50 HRs and win AL MVP
    -The Tigers will finish 3rd in the AL Central
    -The As will win 100 games

NL

-The Dodgers will finish with a below .500 record
    -Reds finish with the best record in the NL and Billy Hamilton is an instant sensation and steals 40 bases in less than 100 games
    -The Phillies will win the NL East
    Last edited by BondsOverBabe; 03-31-2013, 07:05 PM.

Bold. Feasible.
    Dave Bill Tom George Mark Bob Ernie Soupy Dick Alex Sparky
    Joe Gary MCA Emanuel Sonny Dave Earl Stan
    Jonathan Neil Roger Anthony Ray Thomas Art Don
    Gates Philip John Warrior Rik Casey Tony Horace
    Robin Bill Ernie JEDI

Comment

W
      Originally posted by BondsOverBabe View Post
      AL

-The Red Sox will trade for Joe Mauer and make the playoffs

NL

-Reds finish with the best record in the NL and Billy Hamilton is an instant sensation and steals 40 bases in less than 100 games
      -The Miami Marlins will make the playoffs and Jose Reyes will win NL MVP
      With victor martinez coming back, i do not see the tigers finishing third

Comment

Originally posted by Cap78 View Post
        W

But they won't have Delmon Young or Jose Valverde... oh, wait...

But I like BondsOverBabe's idea of Josh Hamilton and Joey Bats in the same lineup :-)
        "I can see how he won twenty-five games. What I don't understand is how he lost five." - Yogi Berra on Sandy Koufax's 1963 season.

Comment

Originally posted by Cap78 View Post
          They'll still have atrocious fielding and a piss poor bullpen, I don't see them overcoming that again.

Comment

I'll agree with you about the defense, but the bullpen has no where to go but up. Valverde will be gone, Albuquerque and Villareal seem to be coming along nicely, and I'm certain the Tigers will be making moves to improve.

I think Dirks and Garcia (barring any trades or signings) will see a lot more playing time. They may not win the division, but I don't see the Twins or Indians overtaking them. The White Sox, with Konerko and Dunn most certainly not putting up the numbers they did this year, nor Pierzynski (if he's even there next year) don't seem poised to make a real run. The Royals are getting better, though. If they get any pitching help.....
            smoker

Comment

Angels will win 100 games. Albert Pujols will win his final MVP award with a batting line of .311/.391/.577, 39 HR, 123 RBI.
              My top 10 players:

1. Babe Ruth
              2. Barry Bonds
              3. Ty Cobb
              4. Ted Williams
              5. Willie Mays
              6. Alex Rodriguez
              7. Hank Aaron
              8. Honus Wagner
              9. Lou Gehrig
              10. Mickey Mantle

Comment

They'll still have atrocious fielding and a piss poor bullpen, I don't see them overcoming that again.
                A set lineup will work wonders toward the former. The Tigers did not have that luxury for most of the season. The fielding was not so atrocious the last part of the season including the post-season run. As for the bullpen, it was not poor in 2011. I think 2012 was the aberration there and the worst of it will not be back.
                Dave Bill Tom George Mark Bob Ernie Soupy Dick Alex Sparky
                Joe Gary MCA Emanuel Sonny Dave Earl Stan
                Jonathan Neil Roger Anthony Ray Thomas Art Don
                Gates Philip John Warrior Rik Casey Tony Horace
                Robin Bill Ernie JEDI

Comment

The Royals look like they will be a pretty good team in 2013 but the Tigers are gonna be tough to beat with Verlander, Scherzer and Fister. I would say the Tigers will probably be better next year too.
                  "(Shoeless Joe Jackson's fall from grace is one of the real tragedies of baseball. I always thought he was more sinned against than sinning." -- Connie Mack

"I have the ultimate respect for Whitesox fans. They were as miserable as the Cubs and Redsox fans ever were but always had the good decency to keep it to themselves. And when they finally won the World Series, they celebrated without annoying every other fan in the country."--Jim Caple, ESPN (Jan. 12, 2011)

Comment

I have a hard time buying this prediction Tronto has been moving like the Rays and hasn't really wanted to shell out cash for top market free agents. The Sox also have far too many holes right now to fill over one season.
                    All it takes for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing. -Unknown

A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination. -Nelson Mandela

Comment

Originally posted by RaysFan_98 View Post
                      I have a hard time buying this prediction Tronto has been moving like the Rays and hasn't really wanted to shell out cash for top market free agents. The Sox also have far too many holes right now to fill over one season.
                      Toronto unlike Tampa actually has some cash, I think they'll finally make their move this off season.

Comment

Toronto unlike Tampa actually has some cash, I think they'll finally make their move this off season.
                        Tampa has plenty of Cash have you seen the net worth of Stu? Stu has extreamly deep pockets

A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination. -Nelson Mandela

Comment

BJ Upton leaves Tampa and finally begins a multi-year streak of mvp-type numbers.
                          "Chuckie doesn't take on 2-0. Chuckie's hackin'." - Chuck Carr two days prior to being released by the Milwaukee Brewers

Comment

AL

-The Red Sox will trade for Joe Mauer and make the playoffs

NL

-The Miami Marlins will make the playoffs and Jose Reyes will win NL MVP
                            Very bold BTW. Not sure any will come to fruition as a few are longshots at best. Even the first one would take the Jays to make the postseason in all likelihood... So indirectly, you're also adding a 9th in that the Jays go to the playoffs!!!!
                            "Chuckie doesn't take on 2-0. Chuckie's hackin'." - Chuck Carr two days prior to being released by the Milwaukee Brewers

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Grimm View Post
                              BJ Upton leaves Tampa and finally begins a multi-year streak of mvp-type numbers.
                              I wish him well in whatever he does. Same way with Crawford and Garza

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X