New AL Team - Houston Astros - 2013 Launch Party

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New AL Team - Houston Astros - 2013 Launch Party

Astros will unveil their new logo, uniforms, (and mascot) this evening...
    http://houston.astros.mlb.com/hou/fa...d=17B51A0Q1-6V

I'm expecting something... uncontroversial???

The uniforms have been leaked already. I personally think they look pretty ugly. There are some good things about em too though.

I never saw the new mascot though.
    "(Shoeless Joe Jackson's fall from grace is one of the real tragedies of baseball. I always thought he was more sinned against than sinning." -- Connie Mack

"I have the ultimate respect for Whitesox fans. They were as miserable as the Cubs and Redsox fans ever were but always had the good decency to keep it to themselves. And when they finally won the World Series, they celebrated without annoying every other fan in the country."--Jim Caple, ESPN (Jan. 12, 2011)

Comment

Originally posted by chicagowhitesox1173 View Post
      The uniforms have been leaked already.
      Really? I would have thought I would have seen them on this site by now...

Did someone post them online?

Comment

Originally posted by dgarza View Post
        Really? I would have thought I would have seen them on this site by now...

Did someone post them online?
        I made a post about it awhile ago but I didn't have pictures. You could probably look up leaked Astros uniforms and you can see em.

I don't know how to post pictures or videos.
        "(Shoeless Joe Jackson's fall from grace is one of the real tragedies of baseball. I always thought he was more sinned against than sinning." -- Connie Mack

"I have the ultimate respect for Whitesox fans. They were as miserable as the Cubs and Redsox fans ever were but always had the good decency to keep it to themselves. And when they finally won the World Series, they celebrated without annoying every other fan in the country."--Jim Caple, ESPN (Jan. 12, 2011)

Comment

Wow I just looked the uniforms up again and Hurricane Sandy somehow was responsible for leaking the new uniforms on the Astros website again yesterday.

I can't find any pictures of em now though. I recall they had a NASA theme though.

Comment

Originally posted by chicagowhitesox1173 View Post
            Wow I just looked the uniforms up again and Hurricane Sandy somehow was responsible for leaking the new uniforms on the Astros website again yesterday.

I can't find any pictures of em now though. I recall they had a NASA theme though.
            I just looked. Saw the logo and the hat (not full uniform). Looks very much like 1986, which I would be OK with.

Comment

The Astros need to bring back these classic uniforms! :hyper:

ryan-richard.jpg

HOUSTON+ASTROS+1975.jpg

1328976981-11113-16.jpg
              Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they're fascist. Throw some ground balls - it's more democratic.-Crash Davis

Comment

One of the uniforms I believe does have a stripe across the middle like those 1970 uniforms.

Comment

Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing Houston change their names as well. The Astros was decent back when they changed from the .45s since Houston was the hub of space travel and all of that was very new and futuristic. Even the idea of playing in a dome fit well for the whole image back then. But now, you go to MM Park and there's no correlation between there and anything to do with space. The place is built off of Union Station and has a trainyard theme about it.

I was liking what they did when they switched uniforms back around 2000 to a more traditional look. I just think their name is a bit too dated, and not in a good way. Then again, if it were the 1950s, I'd probably be saying the same thing about the Dodgers when they moved to L.A.
                  "Chuckie doesn't take on 2-0. Chuckie's hackin'." - Chuck Carr two days prior to being released by the Milwaukee Brewers

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Grimm View Post
                    Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing Houston change their names as well. The Astros was decent back when they changed from the .45s since Houston was the hub of space travel and all of that was very new and futuristic. Even the idea of playing in a dome fit well for the whole image back then. But now, you go to MM Park and there's no correlation between there and anything to do with space. The place is built off of Union Station and has a trainyard theme about it.

I was liking what they did when they switched uniforms back around 2000 to a more traditional look. I just think their name is a bit too dated, and not in a good way. Then again, if it were the 1950s, I'd probably be saying the same thing about the Dodgers when they moved to L.A.
                    Ha, well yeah, kind of like the Yankees? How "Yankee" are Cano, A-Rod, Raul Ibanez, Cahvez, Ichiro, Hiroki Kuroda, Rafael Soriano, etc.?

Comment

Well, what hasn't changed is that NASA's Mission Control is still in Houston, Texas. Thus, Astros is still appropriate. The stadium motif is what need changing, not the team name.
                      46 wins to match last year's total

Comment

It don't look all that bad? Sort of reminds me of my old high school colors . . .
                        Attached Files
                        Some's basturds, some's ain't, thats the score.

Comment

I hope that's not the actual blue that they're going to use--it's too light and purpley.

Astros blue was always more of a navy blue.

51PJy8O9MiL._SL500_SS500_.jpg

2_14149_Houston_Astros_throwback_1980_Nolan_Ryan_jersey_in_blue_.jpg
                          Attached Files
                          I see great things in baseball. It's our game - the American game.
                          - Walt Whitman

Comment

[QUOTE=DiggerODell;2083484]
                            It don't look all that bad?

I second that opinion, as they did not go CRAZY like that team in Miami

http://www.crawfishboxes.com/2012/11...h-party-reveal

Astros uniform through the years
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jnakamura View Post
                              I hope that's not the actual blue that they're going to use--it's too light and purpley.

Astros blue was always more of a navy blue.
                              I think you nailed it jnakamura . . . the new uni looks much darker blue and alot like the uni just after the 45's . . . I like the touch on the sides of the top which has that "rainbowish" coloring like the 80's uni's . . . I think all in all . . . they did good. Now? All they gotta do is win some games ;-)
                              Some's basturds, some's ain't, thats the score.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X