Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 9RoyHobbsRF View Post
    how did all that spending last season work out
    Actually it worked out just fine. The Dodgers blinged out in large part to fetch the largest possible TV bid. I'd say a $6.5 BILLION contract was worth Carl Crawford's contract.

Also, why not act like a somewhat educated fan and judge last September's Red Sox trade after next season.

Matt Cain drafted
    Tim Lincecum drafted
    Madison Bumgarner drafted
    Buster Posey drafted
    Pablo Sandoval drafted
    Brandon Crawford drafted
    Brandon Belt drafted
    Exactly why Stan Kasten is investing tens of millions of dollars in rebuilding the Dodgers national and international farm and scouting systems.

Enjoy your advantage while you can...it won't last long. The Dodgers are in the same position the Yankees were in in the early 90s.

Another couple of years and the Dodgers will be poised to start a Dynasty equal to anything you've seen in the last 20 years.
    I see great things in baseball. It's our game - the American game.
    - Walt Whitman

Comment

Originally posted by jnakamura View Post
      Actually it worked out just fine. The Dodgers blinged out in large part to fetch the largest possible TV bid. I'd say a $6.5 BILLION contract was worth Carl Crawford's contract.

Also, why not act like a somewhat educated fan and judge last September's Red Sox trade after next season.

so tell us nostradamus

how many championships are you guaranteeing the dodgers will win in the next 20 years?

Exactly why Stan Kasten is investing tens of millions of dollars in rebuilding the Dodgers national and international farm and scouting systems.

Enjoy your advantage while you can...it won't last long. The Dodgers are in the same position the Yankees were in in the early 90s.

Another couple of years and the Dodgers will be poised to start a Dynasty equal to anything you've seen in the last 20 years.
      so tell us nostradamus

how many championships are you guaranteeing the dodgers will win in the next 20 years?

and you can't buy teamwork, chemistry and heart

even sixth graders know that
      1. The more I learn, the more convinced I am that many players are over-rated due to inflated stats from offensive home parks (and eras)
      2. Strat-O-Matic Baseball Player, Collector and Hobbyist since 1969, visit my strat site: http://forums.delphiforums.com/GamersParadise
      3. My table top gaming blog: http://cary333.blogspot.com/

Comment

how did all that spending last season work out

can you say 7.5 game lead to 8 game deficit

Joe Blanton LMAO

now let's look at THE WORLD CHAMPIONS

Matt Cain drafted
        Tim Lincecum drafted
        Madison Bumgarner drafted
        Buster Posey drafted
        Pablo Sandoval drafted
        Brandon Crawford drafted
        Brandon Belt drafted

in case you don't know it that is 2 world championships, a ROY, 2 Cy Youngs, a perfect game and an MVP

and spending money does not build chemistry, teamwork and character

we have 100s of examples of this
        The fact that the rays passed up posey for tim beckem urks me
        All it takes for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing. -Unknown

A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination. -Nelson Mandela

Comment

so tell us nostradamus

1. how many championships are you guaranteeing the dodgers will win in the next 20 years?

2. and you can't buy teamwork, chemistry and heart

3. even sixth graders know that
          1. 6

2. How many championships have the Rays won? They have chemistry, heart and an empty trophy case.

3. Even 6th graders know you don't judge a blockbuster trade after only 1 month.
          - Walt Whitman

Comment

I just love how this guy acts as if the Giants have been relying on homegrown talent for a long time when in reality, it only started in the late 2000s. The Giants struggled to produce any homegrown stars for years and years during the Bonds era. I wonder if he had the same "you have to build your farm system!" philosophy back then when Pedro Feliz was their best homegrown hitter at the time. I wonder if he felt the first championship in Frisco was coming in 2005 with an all star geriatric lineup of Bonds, Alou, Grissom in the OF, Snow, Durham, Vizquel, Feliz in the IF and Mathene catching.
            Last edited by UnderPressure; 11-27-2012, 05:00 PM.
            Using a stolen chant from Boston Celtics fans whenever an L.A. team is playing up there just reeks of inferiority complex.

If hitting a baseball is the toughest thing to do in sports, then pitching must be the easiest thing to do in sports.

Comment

Originally posted by RaysFan_98 View Post
              it was an agent / signability thing for the couple of teams that passed on him
              1. The more I learn, the more convinced I am that many players are over-rated due to inflated stats from offensive home parks (and eras)
              2. Strat-O-Matic Baseball Player, Collector and Hobbyist since 1969, visit my strat site: http://forums.delphiforums.com/GamersParadise

Comment

Even 6th graders know you don't judge a blockbuster trade after only 1 month.

desperation trade(s) after the Giants swept them and it ended up backfiring

the reds said it would take years to evaluate the Frank Robinson trade

they were mistaken also

Comment

Originally posted by dominik View Post
                  I absolutely agree. modern baseball doesn't work without a very good farm system. a lot of low payroll teams with great farms won and most big spenders without a good farm (cubs, mets before their owner was broke) did not do anything.

the yankees are big spenders too but they always had a solid farm too. LA needs to develope a good farm and not just rely on spending or they will end like the mets or cubs (and then the money will cease too). they have some smat people though like kasten who should know that.
                  I've always been curious about this. The Yankees have had a bazillion dollars to spend for years now but over the last 10 years how many All-Star caliber players have they signed and developed? Robinson Cano, and, umm, umm, Robinson Cano? The Yankee's title run from 1996-2003 was led by players the Yankees signed and developed (Jeter, Williams, Posada, Rivera, Pettitte, El Duque, etc.). No matter how smart a team is or how much money a team has, having so many high caliber players come up basically at the same time involves some luck as well. The Kansas City Royals did the same thing during their great run in 1976-85. Most of their key players were players they signed and developed. This is also true with the current group of San Francisco Giants, 10 of the 25 players on the 2012 post season roster were home grown.
                  Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they're fascist. Throw some ground balls - it's more democratic.-Crash Davis

Comment

Originally posted by UnderPressure View Post
                    I just love how this guy acts as if the Giants have been relying on homegrown talent for a long time when in reality, it only started in the late 2000s. The Giants struggled to produce any homegrown stars for years and years during the Bonds era. I wonder if he had the same "you have to build your farm system!" philosophy back then when Pedro Feliz was their best homegrown hitter at the time.
                    seems you are the one with the obsession and insecurities

you bash the TWO time world champions (recent) every chance you get

often stooping to things 10-12 years ago

deal with it

Comment

Originally posted by RaysFan_98 View Post
                      Three other teams besides the Rays passed on Posey if that makes you feel better. Besides the Giants passed on Mike Trout!
                      Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they're fascist. Throw some ground balls - it's more democratic.-Crash Davis

Comment

seems you are the one with the obsession and insecurities

you bash the TWO time world champions (recent) every chance you get

often stooping to things 10-12 years ago

deal with it
                        Where did I "bash" the Giants circa 2010 and 2012? I was talking about the Bonds era when they were not relying on their farm system. What, are you gonna deny that the Giants used talents outside the organizations at the time?

And you want more definitions of insecurities? It's when you call someone a bandwagoner because he's a fan of a team that won the championship. I never did that, did I? I seem to remember you calling me a bandwagon Kings fan.
                        Using a stolen chant from Boston Celtics fans whenever an L.A. team is playing up there just reeks of inferiority complex.

If hitting a baseball is the toughest thing to do in sports, then pitching must be the easiest thing to do in sports.

Comment

Originally posted by Honus Wagner Rules View Post
                          Three other teams besides the Rays passed on Posey if that makes you feel better. Besides the Giants passed on Mike Trout!
                          and anyone passed on albert pujols at least 12 times.
                          I now have my own non commercial blog about training for batspeed and power using my training experience in baseball and track and field.

Comment

Originally posted by jnakamura View Post
                            1. 6

2. How many championships have the Rays won? They have chemistry, heart and an empty trophy case.

3. Even 6th graders know you don't judge a blockbuster trade after only 1 month.
                            good luck with winning as many championships in that short time span than the "mighty" Dodgers have won in their 112 year history

no question that a strong Dodger franchise is better for baseball than a weak Dodger franchise

but spending money is just that

does not gurantee anything

Comment

Even 6th graders know you don't judge a blockbuster trade after only 1 month.

desperation trade(s) after the Giants swept them and it ended up backfiring

the reds said it would take years to evaluate the Frank Robinson trade

they were mistaken also

1. The Dodgers made that trade in large part to add to the equity needed to land this huge TV deal. SIX. BILLION. DOLLARS.

Backfired? OK, tell us the 2013 stats of Gonzalez, Crawford and Beckett as well as the Dodgers record and where they'll finish.

2. Even your fellow [sane and rational] Giant fans agree with ME that it's far too early to properly evaluate the Red Sox trade.
                              Last edited by jnakamura; 11-28-2012, 01:26 AM.
                              - Walt Whitman

Comment

it was not to early to evaluate who won the world series in 2012 and who faded into an 8 games behind 2nd place

or does 2012 not count because it backfired for LA?

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X