• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 9RoyHobbsRF View Post
    talk is cheap

they had their first chance in 2012

how did that work out?
    It worked out that 30 days isn't enough time to evaluate a multi-year contract, but enough time to build equity to secure $6+ BILLION in TV revenue.
    I see great things in baseball. It's our game - the American game.
    - Walt Whitman

Comment

FACT the Dodgers had a 7.5 game lead in the 2012 season
      FACT the Dodgers made a slew of desperate expensive trades in an effort to win the division that was now a close race
      FACT the Dodgers finished 8 games out of first place
      FACT the Dodgers did not make the playoffs
      FACT 2012 counts in evaluating the Dodgers mega trades

FACT: You don't like that Dodgers are trying to improve from last season.
      Using a stolen chant from Boston Celtics fans whenever an L.A. team is playing up there just reeks of inferiority complex.

If hitting a baseball is the toughest thing to do in sports, then pitching must be the easiest thing to do in sports.

Comment

FICTION the Dodgers made a slew of desperate expensive trades in an effort to win the division that was now a close race
        FACT: The Dodgers made a relatively cheap trade in an effort to bolster equity to win a HUMONGOUS $6-7 BILLION TV deal.
        - Walt Whitman

Comment

FACT: People usually hate the things that they're afraid of. The more afraid they are, the more they hate.

It's pretty obvious someone is very afraid of what the Dodgers are becoming.
          - Walt Whitman

Comment

Originally posted by jnakamura View Post
            FACT: People usually hate the things that they're afraid of. The more afraid they are, the more they hate.

It's pretty obvious someone is very afraid of what the Dodgers are becoming.

Yeah, it was a lot more fun for him to joke about Frank McCourt, the divorce, and the bankruptcy.
            Using a stolen chant from Boston Celtics fans whenever an L.A. team is playing up there just reeks of inferiority complex.

If hitting a baseball is the toughest thing to do in sports, then pitching must be the easiest thing to do in sports.

Comment

Dodgers to Sign Josh Hamilton and Zack Greinke?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...d-zack-greinke
              - Walt Whitman

Comment

Originally posted by UnderPressure View Post
                Yeah, it was a lot more fun for him to joke about Frank McCourt, the divorce, and the bankruptcy.
                which was NEVER done

and I dare you to prove it was
                1. The more I learn, the more convinced I am that many players are over-rated due to inflated stats from offensive home parks (and eras)
                2. Strat-O-Matic Baseball Player, Collector and Hobbyist since 1969, visit my strat site: http://forums.delphiforums.com/GamersParadise
                3. My table top gaming blog: http://cary333.blogspot.com/

Comment

which was NEVER done

and I dare you to prove it was

Pretty sure you were all smiling when the Dodgers announced they were filing for bankruptcy in 2011. I never specifically said you did it here on BF.

Comment

Pretty sure you were all smiling when the Dodgers announced they were filing for bankruptcy in 2011. I never specifically said you did it here on BF.
                    actually we were more concerned with thugs nearly killing a Giant fan
                    Last edited by 9RoyHobbsRF; 11-27-2012, 06:46 PM.
                    1. The more I learn, the more convinced I am that many players are over-rated due to inflated stats from offensive home parks (and eras)
                    2. Strat-O-Matic Baseball Player, Collector and Hobbyist since 1969, visit my strat site: http://forums.delphiforums.com/GamersParadise

Comment

actially we were more concerned with thugs nearly killing a Giant fan
                      Doesn't mean you weren't happy about the bankruptcy. And please, don't use Bryan Stow to mask your happiness when the Dodgers filed for bankruptcy. It's not like you're related to him that you were concerned about him 24/7. In fact, why not go further back before the Stow incident? How did you feel when it was announced that Frank and Jamie were filing for divorce? It was a sign of things going downhill for the Dodgers, am I right?

Comment

Doesn't mean you weren't happy about the bankruptcy. And please, don't use Bryan Stow to mask your happiness when the Dodgers filed for bankruptcy. It's not like you're related to him that you were concerned about him 24/7. In fact, why not go further back before the Stow incident? How did you feel when it was announced that Frank and Jamie were filing for divorce? It was a sign of things going downhill for the Dodgers, am I right?
                        really something I paid NO attention to

and I mean NONE
                        Last edited by 9RoyHobbsRF; 11-27-2012, 06:54 PM.

Comment

Santa Claus is real.

Comment

Originally posted by Honus Wagner Rules View Post
                            Three other teams besides the Rays passed on Posey if that makes you feel better. Besides the Giants passed on Mike Trout!
                            Not really Beck has turned into a bust and a pot head.
                            All it takes for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing. -Unknown

A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination. -Nelson Mandela

Comment

Sigh..another thread hijacked by Mr. Hobbs...
                              My top 10 players:

1. Babe Ruth
                              2. Barry Bonds
                              3. Ty Cobb
                              4. Ted Williams
                              5. Willie Mays
                              6. Alex Rodriguez
                              7. Hank Aaron
                              8. Honus Wagner
                              9. Lou Gehrig
                              10. Mickey Mantle

Comment

Originally posted by Honus Wagner Rules View Post
                                I've always been curious about this. The Yankees have had a bazillion dollars to spend for years now but over the last 10 years how many All-Star caliber players have they signed and developed? Robinson Cano, and, umm, umm, Robinson Cano? The Yankee's title run from 1996-2003 was led by players the Yankees signed and developed (Jeter, Williams, Posada, Rivera, Pettitte, El Duque, etc.). No matter how smart a team is or how much money a team has, having so many high caliber players come up basically at the same time involves some luck as well. The Kansas City Royals did the same thing during their great run in 1976-85. Most of their key players were players they signed and developed. This is also true with the current group of San Francisco Giants, 10 of the 25 players on the 2012 post season roster were home grown.
                                Cano, Hughes, and Cabrera. Kennedy should have been.
                                "It's better to look good, than be good."

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X