Another Hip Surgery for A-Rod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Yaz View Post
    Nobody has ever performed so well that they would have earned $40m per year. Ever. Nor $35m, nor $30m.

In 2007 A-Rod played about 15% better than Carlos Pena who was paid $800,000 that year. To say that A-Rod was worth closer to $40mil that year is like saying Pena was worth $34mil. Pena also went about 2.5 seasons of hitting more home runs than anyone in the AL. The highest paid slugger in baseball should be the undisputed best slugger. A-Rod has only been the best player on the Yankees for one year of his contract and now they get to watch him to be the 23rd or 24th best.
    To be fair to A-rod, since he came to the Yankees, he has 302 home runs, 960 RBI and a 141 OPS+ in 9 seasons, all from the third base position. How many third basemen have done that, even in their prime years? I'm sure the Angels would love for Pujols to have those kind of stats 9 years into his contract.

Pena is a poor man's Adam Dunn, who had one of the biggest fluke seasons ever in 2007. To even put him near the same level as A-rod is laughable.
    Last edited by willshad; 12-10-2012, 09:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by White Knight View Post
      Three guys here bough like 50,000 copies. Seriously though, I have never met a Yankee fan who appreciated A-Rod until I joined this site.
      I would assume you hang out with like minded people so why would you or why would they.

Comment

Originally posted by PVNICK View Post
        I would assume you hang out with like minded people so why would you or why would they.
        Wrong. I hangout with Yankee fans, Mets fans, liberals, conservatives, all races, etc. I get along with everyone. He's hated by my friends.
        Lou Gehrig is the Truest Yankee of them all!

Comment

Three guys here bough like 50,000 copies. Seriously though, I have never met a Yankee fan who appreciated A-Rod until I joined this site.
          All I can tell you is that this site has more knowledgeable baseball fans than any site, bar, club, or group that I have personally known; and by a significant margin.

Comment

Originally posted by Joltin' Joe View Post
            All I can tell you is that this site has more knowledgeable baseball fans than any site, bar, club, or group that I have personally known; and by a significant margin.
            Agreed fully. At least here we don't over-rate Ryan, Griffey, and St. Cal.

Comment

Originally posted by willshad View Post
              To be fair to A-rod, since he came to the Yankees, he has 302 home runs, 960 RBI and a 141 OPS+ in 9 seasons, all from the third base position. How many third basemen have done that, even in their prime years? I'm sure the Angels would love for Pujols to have those kind of stats 9 years into his contract.

Pena is a poor man's Adam Dunn, who had one of the biggest fluke seasons ever in 2007. To even put him near the same level as A-rod is laughable.
              Fluke? Since 2007 Pena hit 191 homers and and A-Rod 183. A-Rod cost $140+ million more over those six years as well.

Comment

John Kruk said he'll never be the same:

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...sEnabled=false

Comment

John Kruk said he'll never be the same:

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...sEnabled=false
                  At first I was tempted to poke fun at "Dr. Kruk's" prognosis, but after reading the article, it makes a lot of sense.
                  They call me Mr. Baseball. Not because of my love for the game; because of all the stitches in my head.

Comment

Fluke? Since 2007 Pena hit 191 homers and and A-Rod 183. A-Rod cost $140+ million more over those six years as well.
                    A-Rod has done a bit more than homer, though.
                    Dave Bill Tom George Mark Bob Ernie Soupy Dick Alex Sparky
                    Joe Gary MCA Emanuel Sonny Dave Earl Stan
                    Jonathan Neil Roger Anthony Ray Thomas Art Don
                    Gates Philip John Warrior Rik Casey Tony Horace
                    Robin Bill Ernie JEDI

Comment

Originally posted by captain cold nose View Post
                      a-rod has done a bit more than homer, though.
                      Using the Yaz frame of time(2007-present)....

Code:
                       g   ab   r   h  2b  3b  hr rbi  bb  so   ba  obp  slg sb cs ops+ wOBA wRC+
                      778 2895 540 834 148  4 183 603 397 628 .288 .381 .532 77 14 139  .391 141 - A-Rod
                      879 2925 474 670 140 10 191 548 561 972 .229 .360 .480 14 10 126  .362 126 - Pena
                      There is a 188 PA difference between the two as well.

Comment

Thanks. Even without factoring in using PED's and not being a team leader those numbers are not worth $140 million more than Pena's over six years. Maybe $14 million.

Comment

Thanks. Even without factoring in using PED's and not being a team leader those numbers are not worth $140 million more than Pena's over six years. Maybe $14 million.
                          .282/.411/.627/1.037 <---- 2007
                          .243/.331/.459/.790 <---- 6 previous years
                          .218/.349/.450/.799 <---- 5 following years

Had Pena lived up to his potential and posted more season like 2007 prior to or following, he too would be bringing home mucho dinero now.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X