Where Do Buy Your MLB Tickets?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where Do Buy Your MLB Tickets?

Just curious how many people here buy online at the initial onsale, at the ticket window on game day, on Stubhub/Ebay, through a re-seller, etc. Do you try for best available or the best value within the ballpark?

I have season tickets so mine goes through the Rays/Ticketmaster type thing. But a lot of folks i know use Stubhub and i use stubhub to sell of the Tickets i don't use.
    All it takes for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing. -Unknown

A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination. -Nelson Mandela

Comment

I was a bit spoiled in the 00's as my company would provide my tickets. Now that I'm no longer with them, I have to find my own. I mostly use the Ebay/StubHub route. As for games, if it's simply for the reason of going, I'll look for best value. If there's a great pitching matchup that I must see, I'll go for best available.
      "Chuckie doesn't take on 2-0. Chuckie's hackin'." - Chuck Carr two days prior to being released by the Milwaukee Brewers

Comment

Stubhub. During April, I can get Tiger tickets for less than a dollar. And you can sit anywhere you'd like because the stadium is empty. Even in July-August when the games are nearly sold out, you can find good tickets for less than 10 bucks.

Comment

I prefer buying on Craigslist for price, and stubhub for convenience. But I really wish there was a viable alternative to stubhub though that was cheaper. Over 25% of the transaction cost goes to fees which is robbery. But you won't find $0.99 deals on craigslist, so stubhub is usually the place to go for last minute desperate seller deals even if you have to eat a minimum of $10 in fees

Comment

I use Stubhub and the Mets website for Mets tickets. I usually print out the tickets from Stubhub or pick them up from the Citi Field ticket window.

Has anyone purchased tickets from a scalper?
            The Mets have the best, smartest fans in baseball.

Comment

Depends. We have three season tickets, but there are times when I need to pick up a single. Our seats are in the accessible row and if we're taking another couple I'll grab the cheapest available ticket and stand right behind our seats. If there are open seats our usher will let me sit there.

On the occasions I need to pick up a single I normally get them at the box office. If the Tigers are out of the race in September I'll grab one off the street from a scalper for $5-$10. While I use StuHub to sell mine and also to buy for almost every other event, the only time I use them for baseball tickets is for road trips so we can get close to the field.

Comment

A security cop gave me and my dad tickets for the bleachers at Safeco Field this summer, but usually I use MLB.com.

Comment

I pay with cash when I rent a suite.
                  Using a stolen chant from Boston Celtics fans whenever an L.A. team is playing up there just reeks of inferiority complex.

If hitting a baseball is the toughest thing to do in sports, then pitching must be the easiest thing to do in sports.

Comment

I buy all my Mets tickets from the Mets website.

Yankee tickets I buy from StubHub. This is because StubHub is the only way I can get RF bleacher seats, which are almost always unavailable when I try the Yankees' own site.
                    Last edited by Mr. Laser Beam; 01-08-2013, 06:38 PM.
                    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue387 View Post
                      I use Stubhub and the Mets website for Mets tickets. I usually print out the tickets from Stubhub or pick them up from the Citi Field ticket window.

Has anyone purchased tickets from a scalper?

If you mean the guy out front who pays $20 for $40 tickets and sells them for $30, yes. Not counting the playoffs it's pretty hard to get over face for an MLB game outside of the venue so the word "scalper" doesn't really apply to them. Selling tickets below face value has never been a crime. Doing it right in front of the box office is merely poor etiquette which is why the pros usually keep their distance.

If you mean Craigslist sellers who get an extra 10-20% for front row, yes I've done that in the past too. And I use a guy who sells his front row seats for face value that I met at a Rays game. I'm a season ticket holder now so I only use him when extra family is in town.

Now the real scalpers with their own websites I do not use. If they have tickets to every event in the country then their listings are just linked up with Stubhub. They get a piece of the Stubhub fees but the problem is those programs aren't accurate up to the second which results in some double-sales. If you look for the same seat on Stubhub you'll usually find it and not have to worry about it being valid.

Comment

I haven't bought tickets through a team or ticketmaster in years. Usually I get them for free through work (I work in media) or find someone on Craigslist that is selling them. When I was in Atlanta I could get seats for $5 ea from some dude on Craigslist. Now that I am in Portland, OR it looks like I'll be going to "A" level ball only this year though and those are like $7 seats.
                        WAR? Prove it!

Trusted Traders: ttmman21, Dalkowski110, BoofBonser26, Kearns643, HudsonHarden, Extra Innings, MadHatter, Mike D., J.P., SShifflett

Comment

At those prices a MLB game is cheaper than a movie. I wish more Tampa Bay fans would realize that.

Comment

Originally posted by Yaz View Post
                            At those prices a MLB game is cheaper than a movie. I wish more Tampa Bay fans would realize that.
                            Ya know....... No need to take Jabs..........
                            All it takes for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing. -Unknown

A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination. -Nelson Mandela

Comment

My dad loves Milwaukee, he's sick of Chicago and we go to alot of Brewers games which I actually like to but he buys his tickets through stub hub. I go to Whitesox games 5 or 6 times a year and I buy my tickets at the gate.
                              "(Shoeless Joe Jackson's fall from grace is one of the real tragedies of baseball. I always thought he was more sinned against than sinning." -- Connie Mack

"I have the ultimate respect for Whitesox fans. They were as miserable as the Cubs and Redsox fans ever were but always had the good decency to keep it to themselves. And when they finally won the World Series, they celebrated without annoying every other fan in the country."--Jim Caple, ESPN (Jan. 12, 2011)

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X