• Show
Clear All

• Your top 5 2013 NL pitching staffs

Nationals
    Giants
    Dodgers
    Braves
    Phillies
    Born to an age where horror has become commonplace, where tragedy has, by its monotonous repetition, become a parody of sorrow, we need to fence off a few parks where humans try to be fair, where skill has some hope of reward, [and] where absurdity has a harder time than usual getting a ticket." -- Thomas Boswell, 1984

Originally posted by keystone View Post
    Nationals
    Giants
    Dodgers
    Braves
    Phillies
    Nats i agree with Giants maybe number to Tim took a huge step back last year. Dodgers i haven't a clue who is in there rotation..... Kershaw Becket then who? Braves seems questionable as do the phillies.
    All it takes for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing. -Unknown

A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination. -Nelson Mandela

Comment

The Dodgers got Zack Grienke, so I think with him and Kershaw at the top, those two could make a huge difference. Yes, Lincecum is an enigma. I'm thinking he'll be back to "normal" this season, but that's a big "if." The Phillies have Halliday, Lee, & Hamels at the top. Halladay should be healthy this year, and if Lee can get some run support, you know Hamels will be good. I agree the Braves are questionable, but those guys always seem to come up with pitching! Kimbrel at the back of that bullpen sure gives them some credibility.
      Born to an age where horror has become commonplace, where tragedy has, by its monotonous repetition, become a parody of sorrow, we need to fence off a few parks where humans try to be fair, where skill has some hope of reward, [and] where absurdity has a harder time than usual getting a ticket." -- Thomas Boswell, 1984

Comment

Lincecum is in a contract year, and the Giants will give him every opportunity to have a great season. If he does, the Giants will be VERY hard to beat in the West.

The Dodger staff could be very good....or pretty mediocre.

Nats is solid. If Strasburg is really let of his chain, look out!
        “Well, I like to say I’m completely focused, right? I mean, the game’s on the line. It’s not like I’m thinking about what does barbecue Pop Chips and Cholula taste like. Because I already know that answer — it tastes friggin’ awesome!"--Brian Wilson

Comment

In no order:

Giants
          Nationals
          Phillies
          Braves
          Dodgers

Cardinals might have a sneaky good rotation.
          Last edited by bluesky5; 01-17-2013, 10:04 AM.
          "No matter how great you were once upon a time — the years go by, and men forget,” - W. A. Phelon in Baseball Magazine in 1915. “Ross Barnes, forty years ago, was as great as Cobb or Wagner ever dared to be. Had scores been kept then as now, he would have seemed incomparably marvelous.”

Comment

Originally posted by bluesky5 View Post
            Blue Jays
            Angels
            When did they move to the NL?
            The Mets have the best, smartest fans in baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by keystone View Post
              The Dodgers got Zack Grienke, so I think with him and Kershaw at the top, those two could make a huge difference. Yes, Lincecum is an enigma. I'm thinking he'll be back to "normal" this season, but that's a big "if." The Phillies have Halliday, Lee, & Hamels at the top. Halladay should be healthy this year, and if Lee can get some run support, you know Hamels will be good. I agree the Braves are questionable, but those guys always seem to come up with pitching! Kimbrel at the back of that bullpen sure gives them some credibility.
              I forgot about that wayyyyyy to early in the morning
              All it takes for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing. -Unknown

A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination. -Nelson Mandela

Comment

Originally posted by Blue387 View Post
                When did they move to the NL?
                Uhhh......
                "No matter how great you were once upon a time — the years go by, and men forget,” - W. A. Phelon in Baseball Magazine in 1915. “Ross Barnes, forty years ago, was as great as Cobb or Wagner ever dared to be. Had scores been kept then as now, he would have seemed incomparably marvelous.”

Comment

Originally posted by KHenry14 View Post
                  Lincecum is in a contract year, and the Giants will give him every opportunity to have a great season. If he does, the Giants will be VERY hard to beat in the West.
                  Yeah, I would never bet against this guy.

BlurHurrHurr_medium_medium.gif
                  My top 10 players:

1. Babe Ruth
                  2. Barry Bonds
                  3. Ty Cobb
                  4. Ted Williams
                  5. Willie Mays
                  6. Alex Rodriguez
                  7. Hank Aaron
                  8. Honus Wagner
                  9. Lou Gehrig
                  10. Mickey Mantle

Comment

Originally posted by GiambiJuice View Post
                    Yeah, I would never bet against this guy.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]118891[/ATTACH]
                    Hey, he's just flying his own flag.
                    They call me Mr. Baseball. Not because of my love for the game; because of all the stitches in my head.

Comment

Originally posted by KHenry14 View Post

The Dodger staff could be very good....or pretty mediocre.

Nats is solid. If Strasburg is really let of his chain, look out!
                      do you think they let stras of the chain?

I think he should pitch more but if I was the nats I would still have him skip 3-4 starts so that he gets to about 190 IP. that would be an intelligent Progression from 160.
                      I now have my own non commercial blog about training for batspeed and power using my training experience in baseball and track and field.

Comment

1. WAS - Young and loaded
                        2. LAD - A few question marks, but agruably best 1-2 punch in the game
                        3. SFG - If Linecum pitches like himself then they are #1
                        4. PHI - Trio of Halladay-Hamels-Lee is still potent
                        5. ATL - Already good staff gets better when Beachy returns
                        Rest in Peace Jose Fernandez (1992-2016)

Comment

Originally posted by dominik View Post
                          do you think they let stras of the chain?

I think he should pitch more but if I was the nats I would still have him skip 3-4 starts so that he gets to about 190 IP. that would be an intelligent Progression from 160.
                          Jordan Zimmermann also had TJ surgery. Let's see how they handled him
                          2009: 16 games, 91 innings and then surgery
                          2010: 7 game, 31 innings
                          2011: 26 games, 161 innings
                          2012: 32 games, 195 innings

Now Strasburg
                          2010: 12 games, 68 innings and TJ surgery
                          2011: 5 games, 24 innings
                          2012: 28 games, 159 innings

I'd expect a healthy Strasburg to start 30+ games and throw close to 200 innings

As for my top 5 NL staffs?
                          Using projected WAR
                          5. Dodgers 15.5
                          4. Giants 16
                          3. Cardinals 16.3
                          1. Phillies 16.5
                          1. Nationals 16.5

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X