Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mike Trout being moved to left field

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Mike Trout being moved to left field

    There goes Mike Trout's future super high WAR totals.

    http://mlb.sbnation.com/2012/12/5/37...inter-meetings
    Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they're fascist. Throw some ground balls - it's more democratic.-Crash Davis

  • #2
    Originally posted by Honus Wagner Rules View Post
    There goes Mike Trout's future super high WAR totals.

    http://mlb.sbnation.com/2012/12/5/37...inter-meetings
    Halos are Stupid..... Trout is better then Hambone.
    All it takes for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing. -Unknown

    A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination. -Nelson Mandela

    Comment


    • #3
      Good move by the Angels. Bourjos is otherworldly in CF.
      My top 10 players:

      1. Babe Ruth
      2. Barry Bonds
      3. Ty Cobb
      4. Ted Williams
      5. Willie Mays
      6. Alex Rodriguez
      7. Hank Aaron
      8. Honus Wagner
      9. Lou Gehrig
      10. Mickey Mantle

      Comment


      • #4
        Where will Hamilton play? Right?
        Rest in Peace Jose Fernandez (1992-2016)

        Comment


        • #5
          Must be nice to have 3 CFers in the OF!
          "It ain't braggin' if you can do it." Dizzy Dean

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Herr28 View Post
            Must be nice to have 3 CFers in the OF!
            And not just 3 any old centerfielders, 3 great defensive centerfielders.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Zoltan View Post
              3 great defensive centerfielders.
              Bourjos too?

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Zoltan View Post
                And not just 3 any old centerfielders, 3 great defensive centerfielders.
                Hamilton's defense was far from great in 2012.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by ipitch View Post
                  Hamilton's defense was far from great in 2012.
                  Guess I should research before I speak. Hamilton has a career -1.3 dWAR, with -1.2 of that coming in 2012. So I guess hes not as good as I thought. But there are worse fielders out there for sure.

                  I should note: im not real well versed in defensive metrics. I just chose dWAR because I recognize it.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    On the plus side, it may lengthen the kids career. He banged off the wall twice in one game at Coors Field. He went 0 fer 2 on the catches, but gained a life long fan.<me
                    sigpic

                    "If I hear Bowie Kuhn say just once more he's doing something for the betterment of baseball, I'm going to throw-up.">Sparky Anderson
                    MLB/Rockies/Yankees, Backer

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      i had figured when they had signed hamilton, that he would play left to help prevent injury...so does this mean too that trumbo will be the dh with morales gone?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Honus Wagner Rules View Post
                        There goes Mike Trout's future super high WAR totals.

                        http://mlb.sbnation.com/2012/12/5/37...inter-meetings
                        Shouldn't affect his WAR that much. His positional adjustment will go down, but his defense compared to the average left fielder will be greater than his defense compared to the average center fielder. It should balance out.


                        The thing to look at though is with 3 above average fielders there will be less opportunities for any of them to make great plays - which could lessen their defensive WAR even if they are playing excellent defense.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Zoltan View Post
                          Guess I should research before I speak. Hamilton has a career -1.3 dWAR, with -1.2 of that coming in 2012. So I guess hes not as good as I thought. But there are worse fielders out there for sure.

                          I should note: im not real well versed in defensive metrics. I just chose dWAR because I recognize it.
                          That was playing mostly in CF. Hamilton's a career -10 UZR/150 in CF but a +8.5 in LF.

                          He's likely a below average CF but slightly above average corner OFer

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by filihok View Post
                            That was playing mostly in CF. Hamilton's a career -10 UZR/150 in CF but a +8.5 in LF.

                            He's likely a below average CF but slightly above average corner OFer
                            That seems like a huge difference. Is that normal?

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Herr28 View Post
                              Must be nice to have 3 CFers in the OF!
                              Didn't they practically have 3 CFs play the OF a whole lot last year, as well?

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X