X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KevinWI
    replied
    Originally posted by Zoltan View Post
    Does MLB.tv cover all the spring training games?
    It depends if the spring training games are televised some where. For example, I signed up for MLB.tv one year hoping to watch all Brewers spring training games. The only ones where there was actually video were games where they were playing other teams (Dodgers, whoever) whose games were televised. Assuming you're a Red Sox fan based on your avatar, I assume that all Red Sox spring training games would be on there.

What I'm trying to say is that MLB.tv isn't going out and recording spring training games themselves. If somebody is broadcasting a spring training game, you can tap into that feed.

Originally posted by UnderPressure View Post
    Anyone can cheat by using proxy, right?
    If you wanted to watch HD video through a proxy, sure. A free proxy would be too slow and if you're paying for a proxy good enough to watch HD video, it probably would be prohibitively expensive.

Leave a comment:

• UnderPressure
    replied
    Originally posted by Mr. Laser Beam View Post
    ^ They know where you are, based on the IP address you use when you log in. And after they find out where you are, they will know which teams claim your area as home territory, and then those teams will be blacked out.

Go to the web address mlb.tv - there is a box on that page where you can click and then find out what teams are blacked out in your area. Or, if you're going to be somewhere else, you can enter the ZIP code of the place you're going, and this will tell you what teams are blacked out there.

Anyone can cheat by using proxy, right?

Leave a comment:

• PlanetZoltan
    replied
    Does MLB.tv cover all the spring training games?

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Laser Beam
    replied
    ^ They know where you are, based on the IP address you use when you log in. And after they find out where you are, they will know which teams claim your area as home territory, and then those teams will be blacked out.

Go to the web address mlb.tv - there is a box on that page where you can click and then find out what teams are blacked out in your area. Or, if you're going to be somewhere else, you can enter the ZIP code of the place you're going, and this will tell you what teams are blacked out there.

Leave a comment:

• desertmonk
    replied
    ^ They go by your IP address.

No, how do I know what they will blackout?

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Laser Beam
    replied
    ^ They go by your IP address.

Leave a comment:

• desertmonk
    replied
    How does one determine if they are in a "home territory" and subject to blackout? I want to watch Cardinals games and I live in Illinois, two hours from St. Louis.

Leave a comment:

• YankeeDJW
    replied
    Originally posted by RaysFan_98 View Post
    So it would be pointless for me to get MLB TV to watch Rays games........
    Correct. I live in Boston, so I can watch almost every Yankees game except Yankees-Red Sox...

Leave a comment:

• RaysFan_98
    replied
    ^ But you can wait till about two hours after the end of the game to watch it, if you are that patient.

Unfortunately, you'll often have to listen to Joe Buck and Tim McCarver. Which is why you might just want to forget about it and listen to the radio feed, which is never blacked out.

Also, *any* game will be blacked out (live) if you are within one of the teams' home territories. For instance, if UnderPressure is in Philly, any game at all that involves the Phillies is blacked out.
    So it would be pointless for me to get MLB TV to watch Rays games........

Leave a comment:

• Swiss
    replied
    Ah, good, then there are chances de seeing every game I want. Thank you for your feedback.

Leave a comment:

• RubeWaddell19
    replied
    Originally posted by Swiss View Post
    I'm planning to pay one year of MLB.tv and I'm living in Argentina.

Is all this Fox national Saturday game's stuff affect me?
    My brother lived in Portugal and the blackout didn't affect him. That was five years ago, though.

Leave a comment:

• Swiss
    replied
    I'm planning to pay one year of MLB.tv and I'm living in Argentina.

Is all this Fox national Saturday game's stuff affect me?

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Laser Beam
    replied
    ^ But you can wait till about two hours after the end of the game to watch it, if you are that patient.

Unfortunately, you'll often have to listen to Joe Buck and Tim McCarver. Which is why you might just want to forget about it and listen to the radio feed, which is never blacked out.

Also, *any* game will be blacked out (live) if you are within one of the teams' home territories. For instance, if UnderPressure is in Philly, any game at all that involves the Phillies is blacked out.

Leave a comment:

• doctor_gogol
    replied
    If its one of the national Saturday games of the week, no. There's a disclaimer in the MLB TV agreement.

I'd run into that problem when I lived in Minneapolis and the Tigers were on national Fox

Leave a comment:

• UnderPressure
    started a topic Does MLB.TV carry Fox games?

Does MLB.TV carry Fox games?

Say I'm in Philly and I want to watch the Dodger game on Fox. But Philly's Fox affiliate has a different game on. Is the Dodger game on MLB.TV?

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X