Mike Trout is at it again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike Trout is at it again...

Despite having arguably the greatest season ever by a rookie as 20 year old last season, Trout seems to be flying under the radar a bit this season. Bryce Harper has been talked about a lot more, that's for sure. However, Trout is having another amazing season in 2013 as a 21-year old.

Mike is hitting .297/.376/.568 for an OPS+ of 160 (5th best in the AL). Through 46 games, Trout is on pace for 194 hits, 32 HR, 32 SB, 116 R, 120 RBI, 46 doubles, 18 triples, and 81 walks.

His WAR won't be as high as it was in 2012, and that's partly due to him playing a lot of LF instead of CF, but this season may end up being just as good as last season, maybe even better.

This kid is absolutely amazing. It's hard to believe he's only 21 years old.
    My top 10 players:

1. Babe Ruth
    2. Barry Bonds
    3. Ty Cobb
    4. Ted Williams
    5. Willie Mays
    6. Alex Rodriguez
    7. Hank Aaron
    8. Honus Wagner
    9. Lou Gehrig
    10. Mickey Mantle

He hit for the cycle the other night, he's the youngest AL player ever to do so.
    They call me Mr. Baseball. Not because of my love for the game; because of all the stitches in my head.

Comment

Many stated early on here that his first season was a bit of a fluke and harper was to be better...seems like the roles have reversed here

Comment

Originally posted by Cap78 View Post
        Many stated early on here that his first season was a bit of a fluke and harper was to be better...seems like the roles have reversed here
        To be fair, Harper is having an incredible season too (currently leads the NL in slugging %) and he's over a year younger than Trout. The jury is still out on who will have the better career.
        My top 10 players:

1. Babe Ruth
        2. Barry Bonds
        3. Ty Cobb
        4. Ted Williams
        5. Willie Mays
        6. Alex Rodriguez
        7. Hank Aaron
        8. Honus Wagner
        9. Lou Gehrig
        10. Mickey Mantle

Comment

I didn't realize the site was turning into ESPN. So much hyping up. They are both great players in the making, lets leave them develop into the talents they should become, not keep kicking a dead horse.
          MySpace Codes

Comment

Originally posted by stejay View Post
            I didn't realize the site was turning into ESPN. So much hyping up. They are both great players in the making, lets leave them develop into the talents they should become, not keep kicking a dead horse.
            Let's just shut down the CURRENT EVENTS section and only talk about retired players....sigh.
            My top 10 players:

1. Babe Ruth
            2. Barry Bonds
            3. Ty Cobb
            4. Ted Williams
            5. Willie Mays
            6. Alex Rodriguez
            7. Hank Aaron
            8. Honus Wagner
            9. Lou Gehrig
            10. Mickey Mantle

Comment

Originally posted by GiambiJuice View Post
              Despite having arguably the greatest season ever by a rookie as 20 year old last season, Trout seems to be flying under the radar a bit this season. Bryce Harper has been talked about a lot more, that's for sure. However, Trout is having another amazing season in 2013 as a 21-year old.

Mike is hitting .297/.376/.568 for an OPS+ of 160 (5th best in the AL). Through 46 games, Trout is on pace for 194 hits, 32 HR, 32 SB, 116 R, 120 RBI, 46 doubles, 18 triples, and 81 walks.

His WAR won't be as high as it was in 2012, and that's partly due to him playing a lot of LF instead of CF, but this season may end up being just as good as last season, maybe even better.

This kid is absolutely amazing. It's hard to believe he's only 21 years old.
              I agree with all of this. I wish he was playing CF. Kinda bums me out.
              "No matter how great you were once upon a time — the years go by, and men forget,” - W. A. Phelon in Baseball Magazine in 1915. “Ross Barnes, forty years ago, was as great as Cobb or Wagner ever dared to be. Had scores been kept then as now, he would have seemed incomparably marvelous.”

Comment

I've been following avidly since last July when he was crushing the ball. I wish he was still playing centerfield. He is amazing out there.

We might be witnessing an all-time great here; hopefully, a top 5 type of guy. Only time will tell.

Comment

Let's just shut down the CURRENT EVENTS section and only talk about retired players....sigh.
                  Theres a difference with having one thread discussing something a week, and having 10 discussing the same topic.... But thanks for the smart guy response, muchos appreciated.
                  MySpace Codes

Comment

Originally posted by stejay View Post
                    Theres a difference with having one thread discussing something a week, and having 10 discussing the same topic.... But thanks for the smart guy response, muchos appreciated.
                    Please point me to 10 recent threads about Mike Trout. Actually I'll settle for two.
                    My top 10 players:

1. Babe Ruth
                    2. Barry Bonds
                    3. Ty Cobb
                    4. Ted Williams
                    5. Willie Mays
                    6. Alex Rodriguez
                    7. Hank Aaron
                    8. Honus Wagner
                    9. Lou Gehrig
                    10. Mickey Mantle

Comment

Agreed - enough about young and exciting talents in the game today.

What we need is more threads about Babe Ruth, PEDs, league quality, sabermetrics vs. traditional stats, and the HOF qualifications/eligibility of Jackson and Rose.
                      1885 1886 1926 1931 1934 1942 1944 1946 1964 1967 1982 2006 2011

1887 1888 1928 1930 1943 1968 1985 1987 2004 2013

1996 2000 2001 2002 2005 2009 2012 2014 2015

The Top 100 Pitchers In MLB History
                      The Top 100 Position Players In MLB History

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew C. View Post
                        Agreed - enough about young and exciting talents in the game today.

What we need is more threads about Babe Ruth, PEDs, league quality, sabermetrics vs. traditional stats, and the HOF qualifications/eligibility of Jackson and Rose.
                        No, what we need is more DH debate.
                        WAR? Prove it!

Trusted Traders: ttmman21, Dalkowski110, BoofBonser26, Kearns643, HudsonHarden, Extra Innings, MadHatter, Mike D., J.P., SShifflett

Comment

Please point me to 10 recent threads about Mike Trout. Actually I'll settle for two.
                          I will admit, I was looking at this forum and another at the same time, and there were 7 Trout discussions on that one, and this is the only one here. I got mixed up, and it should have been posted elsewhere. Apologies.
                          MySpace Codes

Comment

Originally posted by Zito75 View Post
                            No, what we need is more DH debate.
                            I remember when all anyone on this site did was complain about Bert Blyleven and Ron Santo not being in the HOF.

Which was especially weird in the team and teams of yesteryear forums.
                            Dave Bill Tom George Mark Bob Ernie Soupy Dick Alex Sparky
                            Joe Gary MCA Emanuel Sonny Dave Earl Stan
                            Jonathan Neil Roger Anthony Ray Thomas Art Don
                            Gates Philip John Warrior Rik Casey Tony Horace
                            Robin Bill Ernie JEDI

Comment

Originally posted by Cap78 View Post
                              harper had a great start and slowed down somewhat (probably because of that wall Crash?) while trout had a mediocre start (112 OPS+ in the first month) but really picked it up in April.

April:
                              harper: 215 OPS+ Trout: 112 OPS+

May:
                              harper: 88 OPS+ Trout: 228 OPS+

basically opposite pattern. we will how that evolves as the season goes on. I think both will be very good (hope that harper is not hurt by that concussion in the wall Crash).
                              I now have my own non commercial blog about training for batspeed and power using my training experience in baseball and track and field.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X