Tim Tebow wants to play ball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tim Tebow wants to play ball

Tim Tebow, whose legion of fans is unmatched for an athlete who hasn’t played an NFL regular-season game since 2012, is going to try a career in baseball. He’s “actively pursuing” a baseball career and will work out for Major League Baseball teams later this month according to ESPN’s Adam Schefter.
    Tebow is an exceptional athlete, but hasn’t played baseball since 2005 when he was in high school. He was an all-state baseball player after hitting .494 for Nease High School as a junior, ESPN said.
    http://sports.yahoo.com/news/tim-teb...130727193.html

Don't see this going anywhere. Even if he had been another Mike Trout in HS, eleven years is a long time out of the game, and at 29, he's about past his prime, anyway.

Honestly? I hope it does go somewhere. Someone will give him a shot.
    46 wins to match last year's total

Comment

I can't wait to see him throw balls at guys feet. He's really good at that.

Comment

FWIW, Gary Sheffield says “I spent time w @TimTebow in the cages recently, he’s a NATURAL. I absolutely believe in his ability to play in the bigs. Tim has IT #focused.”

Comment

Originally posted by Afterglow View Post
          I can't wait to see him throw balls at guys feet. He's really good at that.
          Maybe he could be a knuckle ball pitcher?

Comment

What an attention whore.

Anything to stay relevant I guess.
            My top 10 players:

1. Babe Ruth
            2. Barry Bonds
            3. Ty Cobb
            4. Ted Williams
            5. Willie Mays
            6. Alex Rodriguez
            7. Hank Aaron
            8. Honus Wagner
            9. Lou Gehrig
            10. Mickey Mantle

Comment

Originally posted by brett View Post
              Maybe he could be a knuckle ball pitcher?
              I think a juggler would be better. I heard he might be really good at handling several balls at once.

Comment

If Tebow was really serious why wouldn't he go play some indy ball and show major league teams that he has some amount of pro potential? No doubt any independent league would love to have him. always thought had he moved to tight end he could have been really good.
                Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they're fascist. Throw some ground balls - it's more democratic.-Crash Davis

Comment

Originally posted by Honus Wagner Rules View Post
                  If Tebow was really serious why wouldn't he go play some indy ball and show major league teams that he has some amount of pro potential?
                  He doesn't need to. He already has the attention of MLB teams.

Comment

He just needs to improve his strikeout skills so that he can strikeout at least 150 times per season. THEN he may be good enough to make the current major leagues.

Comment

Originally posted by Honus Wagner Rules View Post
                      If Tebow was really serious why wouldn't he go play some indy ball and show major league teams that he has some amount of pro potential? No doubt any independent league would love to have him. always thought had he moved to tight end he could have been really good.
                      Because he's a self entitled spoiled brat that thinks things should just be given to him.

Comment

Originally posted by ipitch View Post
                        He doesn't need to. He already has the attention of MLB teams.
                        Attention and actually being signed are two different things, no? Unless Tebow pulls a Ron LeFlore I think this will end rather quickly for Tebow.
                        Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they're fascist. Throw some ground balls - it's more democratic.-Crash Davis

Comment

Some minor league team will give him a chance for marketing. Likely ends like MJs baseball career.
                          I now have my own non commercial blog about training for batspeed and power using my training experience in baseball and track and field.

Comment

Untitled.jpg

Comment

From Baseball America.

Tim Tebow Wants To Play Baseball

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X