OOTP Fictional League?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OOTP Fictional League?

Out of the Park version 5 (a baseball simulator) has just been made into freeware by the company. Would anyone here be interested in starting up a 20-24 team online fictional league where you get to draft your team, make trades, draft rookies, sign free agents, etc.? I'd have no problem running the league, as I have web development experience and my own web server, and it would be a great way to get you into the game since it is now free, with version 7 on the soon to be released wall. You'd create a team, draft its organization, create your own ballpark, and all that good junk. Let me know if anyone is interested.

Wow! Great info - just released yesterday. Here's a link for those interested. Definitely want to check this out.

http://ootpdevfiles.com/ootp/ootp5freesetup.exe
    Last edited by southendgrounds; 12-14-2005, 07:07 AM.

Comment

I'm interested. Would it be a historical league or just fictional?
      AL East Champions: 1981 1982
      AL Pennant: 1982
      NL Central Champions: 2011
      NL Wild Card: 2008

"It was like coming this close to your dreams and then watching them brush past you like a stranger in a crowd. At the time you don't think much of it; you know, we just don't recognize the significant moments of our lives while they're happening. Back then I thought, 'Well, there'll be other days.' I didn't realize that that was the only day." - Moonlight Graham

Comment

I have OOTP 6 and 6.5. Will they work? I really don't want to put another version of the game on my hard drive. Maybe everyone interested could spring for $20 and buy the game. OOTP provides free web space for any league that buys 10 or more copies.
        You see, you spend a good deal of your life gripping a baseball and in the end it turns out that it was the other way around all the time. J. Bouton

Comment

If anybody has OOTP6.5 let me know, as I know someone else who is starting up a 6.5 league, and it looks AMAZING.

Comment

I'd also like to get into the league. I don't have any experience with OOTP, will that be a problem?
            "I became a good pitcher when I stopped trying to make them miss the ball and started trying to make them hit it." - Sandy Koufax.

"My name is Yasiel Puig. I am from Cuba. I am 21 years old. Thank you."

Comment

I'm interested, getting ready to buy OOTB the new version.

Comment

Originally posted by WornRedSoxSince1901
                If anybody has OOTP6.5 let me know, as I know someone else who is starting up a 6.5 league, and it looks AMAZING.

A whole new version, OOTP Baseball Manager 2006 is due out in April, it will be completely rewritten and is supposed to blow away 6.5.
                My eyes perceive the present, but my roots are imbedded deeply in the grandeur of the past. "Chief Meyers"

MLBC

Comment

I have had and play OOTP since V3(2002) and ive been hundreds of leagues. I like OOTP and if a starts up, im down.
                  The 2006 Boston Red Sox are better on paper then both the 2004 world championship team, and the 2005 team.
                  Predictions:
                  Josh Beckett wins 23 Games
                  Mike Lowell has a bounce back season
                  Kevin Youkillis will be exposed as a bench player, nothing more.
                  Curt Schilling will have his worst season, ever.
                  Coco Crisp will create more runs then Damon did in 2005.
                  Trot Nixon will be on the DL 3 times.
                  Keith Foulke will lose Closers job to Hanson by June.

And the Boston Red Sox will win 99 games

Comment

I'm definitely interested but don't haveany OOTP experience.
                    sigpic
                    Learn more about my collection by clicking here. Can't find what you need? Visit Sportlots.com.
                    Trusted Traders: Mike D.(8), duckydps(6), ttmman21(5), Dalkowski110(4), dmbfan(4), chucksk8er(3), anjo(2), Extra Innings(2), kearns643(2), RuthMayBond(2), The Commissioner(2), card-closure-man, closer28, Coachsmallhead, Cubsfan97, jakre, jjac, Ken Hastings, latinball, NYYgraphs, Phish, Pods Fan 22, riredsox, rugbyfreak, SportsAutosTTM, The Prowling Cat, Zito75, 14Bravesfan14

Comment

What year are you going to use to begin the league? How many of the OOTP options are you going to use (free agent draft, Rule V draft, contracts, etc). Will this be a draft-type league, or will everyone begin with an established team and go from there - or will it be a complete fantasy league? When OOTP2006 is ready, will you switch to that?
                      You see, you spend a good deal of your life gripping a baseball and in the end it turns out that it was the other way around all the time. J. Bouton

Comment

Hey guys I will definetly be down for that

I am in a GREAT OOTP league now

http://www.southernbaseball.com/

I have THOUSANDS of photos, historical logos...a spreadsheet on the history of Minor League Affiliates

I would suggest a 'Historical fictional league'

Follow the history of MLB but use fictional players who develop their own personality

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X