No MVP 2006

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Erik Bedard
    No fantasy draft? h I'll stick with NCAA 07, thank you very much.
    Dude, I'm telling you, that's only the beginning. I would not suggest buying it, ESPECIALLY not for 60 bucks. I would pay that 60 bucks again just to forget this experience. EA didn't just screw the pooch on this one. They got more than friendly with the cat, pig, and sheep too. Maybe you have to see for yourself. Maybe rent it or something sometime. Its a JOKE!!! I was sittin' here playing it, half expecting a camera crew and an announcer to jump out from my closet....saying SURPRISE!! You've been punked, or something to that effect. No such luck.
    Last edited by Sultan_1895-1948; 08-25-2006, 06:08 AM.

Comment

Is the R1 button sprint (PS2)? If so, you're using NFL Street controls, and you can switch that. Whoops, let's take this discussion over to Pigskin-Fever.

I'd pay 60 bucks for another MVP game. All 2K Sports did by locking EA out was give 989 Sports a bigger slice of the pie.

Comment

Mvp 07?????
        LETS GO YANKEES!

Comment

I hope so... I would pay dearly for that.

Comment

with MLB people.

and I dont mean some computer mod of 05 steve
            LETS GO YANKEES!

Comment

Originally posted by Erik Bedard
              Is the R1 button sprint (PS2)? If so, you're using NFL Street controls, and you can switch that. Whoops, let's take this discussion over to Pigskin-Fever.

I'd pay 60 bucks for another MVP game. All 2K Sports did by locking EA out was give 989 Sports a bigger slice of the pie.
              The only thing I like about the game is the new blocking feature. That kicks arse. You can choose whatever lead blocker to control and you can just flatten dudes with either a standard block or a cut-block, and then pushing the B button switches you back to your running back, or you can just choose to block for the computer. Cool thing is that when you switch back, it does it in very slo-motion, so it give you time to gather your bearings before you hit the hole and make a decision on direction.

How long was the contract agreement for? Three years, five years? They won't be making an MVP any time soon, but they sure as hell better get Madden right next year.

Comment

I think three. Well, they can practice on the NCAA game, and think of how awesome it'll be in 09 when they get it back.

Comment

Aside from Madden not having owner mode or a fantasy draft, there are just so many little things wrong with it. For instance, to cycle through your players on the field, you use one button. If you want to call a hot route for a receiver, that guy has to be selected. Seems like a small thing but its very annoying when you're used to the old version. You can only cycle one way too, even on defense, so if you accidentally skip your guy, you have to go all the way back through. Again, seems like something small but its very annoying. They just missed the boat on this one.

As far as NCAA baseball, if they had a wood bat option I made play it. Can't stand aluminum bats at that level. I can only image the number of jam-shot gappers hit on that game. Using the thumbstick to swing also seems very strange. Don't think I'd like that. So MVP is the one and only for now.

Comment

I read you can change the batting setting on MVP NCAA 06 to be like MVP 05 if you set it to classic.
                    LETS GO YANKEES!

Comment

And you can set the bats to wood. Actually, I only had MVP 05 for a brief period between MVP 04 and MVP 06, and using aluminum bats in MVP 06 is a lot like wood bats in MVP 04. The only bad things I find are: No trading, not enough injuries (though there are too many in The Show, the other game I frequently play), no FAs, no fantasy draft...

But if you like gameplay, MVP 06 is for you.

Comment

yea, I am allready bored of MVP 06, and its due back thurs

well im not "really" bored, but the game seems empty. Like you said, I dont like that theres no FA's, Trades, Drafts, or anything.
                        LETS GO YANKEES!

Comment

Recruiting is pretty fun, the game would just be so much better if you could make transactions and stuff.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X