Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Erik Bedard
    replied
    Recruiting is pretty fun, the game would just be so much better if you could make transactions and stuff.

Leave a comment:

• JordanDL3891
    replied
    yea, I am allready bored of MVP 06, and its due back thurs

well im not "really" bored, but the game seems empty. Like you said, I dont like that theres no FA's, Trades, Drafts, or anything.

Leave a comment:

• Erik Bedard
    replied
    And you can set the bats to wood. Actually, I only had MVP 05 for a brief period between MVP 04 and MVP 06, and using aluminum bats in MVP 06 is a lot like wood bats in MVP 04. The only bad things I find are: No trading, not enough injuries (though there are too many in The Show, the other game I frequently play), no FAs, no fantasy draft...

But if you like gameplay, MVP 06 is for you.

Leave a comment:

• JordanDL3891
    replied
    I read you can change the batting setting on MVP NCAA 06 to be like MVP 05 if you set it to classic.

Leave a comment:

• Sultan_1895-1948
    replied
    Aside from Madden not having owner mode or a fantasy draft, there are just so many little things wrong with it. For instance, to cycle through your players on the field, you use one button. If you want to call a hot route for a receiver, that guy has to be selected. Seems like a small thing but its very annoying when you're used to the old version. You can only cycle one way too, even on defense, so if you accidentally skip your guy, you have to go all the way back through. Again, seems like something small but its very annoying. They just missed the boat on this one.

As far as NCAA baseball, if they had a wood bat option I made play it. Can't stand aluminum bats at that level. I can only image the number of jam-shot gappers hit on that game. Using the thumbstick to swing also seems very strange. Don't think I'd like that. So MVP is the one and only for now.

Leave a comment:

• Erik Bedard
    replied
    I think three. Well, they can practice on the NCAA game, and think of how awesome it'll be in 09 when they get it back.

Leave a comment:

• Sultan_1895-1948
    replied
    Originally posted by Erik Bedard
    Is the R1 button sprint (PS2)? If so, you're using NFL Street controls, and you can switch that. Whoops, let's take this discussion over to Pigskin-Fever.

I'd pay 60 bucks for another MVP game. All 2K Sports did by locking EA out was give 989 Sports a bigger slice of the pie.
    The only thing I like about the game is the new blocking feature. That kicks arse. You can choose whatever lead blocker to control and you can just flatten dudes with either a standard block or a cut-block, and then pushing the B button switches you back to your running back, or you can just choose to block for the computer. Cool thing is that when you switch back, it does it in very slo-motion, so it give you time to gather your bearings before you hit the hole and make a decision on direction.

How long was the contract agreement for? Three years, five years? They won't be making an MVP any time soon, but they sure as hell better get Madden right next year.

Leave a comment:

• JordanDL3891
    replied
    with MLB people.

and I dont mean some computer mod of 05 steve

Leave a comment:

• Erik Bedard
    replied
    I hope so... I would pay dearly for that.

Leave a comment:

• JordanDL3891
    replied
    Mvp 07?????

Leave a comment:

• Erik Bedard
    replied
    Is the R1 button sprint (PS2)? If so, you're using NFL Street controls, and you can switch that. Whoops, let's take this discussion over to Pigskin-Fever.

I'd pay 60 bucks for another MVP game. All 2K Sports did by locking EA out was give 989 Sports a bigger slice of the pie.

Leave a comment:

• Sultan_1895-1948
    replied
    Originally posted by Erik Bedard
    No fantasy draft? h I'll stick with NCAA 07, thank you very much.
    Dude, I'm telling you, that's only the beginning. I would not suggest buying it, ESPECIALLY not for 60 bucks. I would pay that 60 bucks again just to forget this experience. EA didn't just screw the pooch on this one. They got more than friendly with the cat, pig, and sheep too. Maybe you have to see for yourself. Maybe rent it or something sometime. Its a JOKE!!! I was sittin' here playing it, half expecting a camera crew and an announcer to jump out from my closet....saying SURPRISE!! You've been punked, or something to that effect. No such luck.
    Last edited by Sultan_1895-1948; 08-25-2006, 06:08 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Erik Bedard
    replied
    No fantasy draft? h I'll stick with NCAA 07, thank you very much.

Leave a comment:

• Sultan_1895-1948
    replied
    This is about the 50th thread on this topic and I'll say here what I said on those. MVP 2005 is the best baseball game ever made imo.

EA didn't "lose" their rights, they essentially traded the ability to make a baseball game, for the ability to corner the market on NFL. They threw all their chips in the pot with Madden 07 and I can tell you, I've owned that game for exactly two days and I'm ready to go trade it in already. I want Madden 06 back. They took a HUGE step backwards in 07 with no fantasy draft, no owner mode (concessions, stadium upgrades, etc), the gameplay/button issues are brutal (hot routes, double teaming key receivers, sprint button), can't customize your uniforms, every team only has two jerseys, the menus are impossible to navigate, and while the graphics are kick ass, every player resembles Barry Bonds, even the kickers. Oh and there's no Madden commentary. Its some scrub. Could go on and on. Just not a good game. So I will soon have MVP 2005 and Madden 2006 rollin' again. MVP can't be beat. Everything you could want and more. The graphics might be better for other games, lord knows they would look stellar on the 360, but the gameplay/options tradeoff isn't worth it to me. Ok, had to vent about Madden. I feel better now. Still ripped off, but better.
    Last edited by Sultan_1895-1948; 08-25-2006, 03:49 AM.

Leave a comment:

• DisApoint_cubz
    replied
    Suckz

Ive Been playin MVP05 for quite awhile n i was really looKin foward 2 da 06....

Leave a comment:

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X