No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sportkrank21
    No the Marcos were one of the teams in the original Negro National League in Dayton. They only played two seasons
    I actually did know that, as they had an exhibit downtown a few years back about baseball in Dayton. Why I seemed to forget that is beyond me.

Looks like a ride on the ignorant bus for me.
    Dave Bill Tom George Mark Bob Ernie Soupy Dick Alex Sparky
    Joe Gary MCA Emanuel Sonny Dave Earl Stan
    Jonathan Neil Roger Anthony Ray Thomas Art Don
    Gates Philip John Warrior Rik Casey Tony Horace
    Robin Bill Ernie JEDI

Comment

I'm in. I'll take the Worcestor Ruby Legs (predecessor for the Phils in case anyone didn't know). And I absolutely, positively do not want to be in a league that uses the DH. Now if only I could get the Baker Bowl for my park.

Will I need to purchase SOM software or anything like that?
      Let's rid baseball of the pestilence of the DH now and forever!

Comment

league

If spots are open, let me know when the draft is. If I'm open on that day I'm in. I'll be the Houston Astros.
        Last edited by rdon; 02-22-2004, 08:52 PM.

Comment

Sounds great!! I would love to participate; when do you anticipate drafting? As of now, put me down for the Louisville Colonels in the Johnson League (some despise the DH; I personally enjoy it). I wanted Buffalo (just north of me), but the Federal League entry was the Buffeds??!!! What the hell is a Buffed? Looking forward to it.
          Last edited by catcher24; 03-12-2004, 05:27 PM.
          You see, you spend a good deal of your life gripping a baseball and in the end it turns out that it was the other way around all the time. J. Bouton

Comment

Sounds like fun. Count me in.

Let's see if I can lead the St. Louis Browns to glory.

Comment

I wanna play too.

Comment

I'm in!
                I'll take the Kansas City Cowboys.
                Not sure which league I should be in, as they were in the NL, AA, and UA. So just put me wherever you need me to balance things out.
                I often remain high in the stadium, looking down on the men moving over the earth, dark as ants, each sodding, cutting, watering, shaping. Occasionally the moon finds a knife blade as it trims the sod or slices away a chunk of artificial turf, and tosses the reflection skyward like a bright ball.
                --W.P. Kinsella "The Thrill of the Grass"

Comment

joining NBBL

To the commissioner, I am interested in joining the NBBL. Please count me in if openings still exist as March 17, 2004. I look forward to hearing from you. Thank you.

Comment

Hey Chancellor, give us an update. Are we any closer to actually getting the ball rolling on this thing? The masses are getting wild and restless out here!

Comment

Commissioner - I will be extremely presumptuous and reply for Chancellor, as I addressed this issue in a PM I sent him recently about another matter. He told me that he is still in the process of moving, and is also concerned about counting the March BF HOF ballots, and then getting out the notice for the April ballot. After those items (most notably the move, which was getting close to complete), he intends to proceed with the sim league. So, he hasn't forgotten, and it sounded to me like everyone interested will be hearing from him before too long. He also was having very limited access to the internet at this time, so that is probably why he hasn't been posting. Hope this helps everyone remain calm - we don't want no stinking riots here! And yeah, I'm anxious to get going with this too - really looking forward to it!:gt
                      You see, you spend a good deal of your life gripping a baseball and in the end it turns out that it was the other way around all the time. J. Bouton

Comment

!!! UPDATE !!!

Sorry about my hiatus. Believe me when I say that I really missed hanging around The Fever.

So where are we now?

Well...we have 19 teams and 21 signatories. BillyF29 and JayLans need to select teams and that will leave us just 3 teams short of being able to start drafting (which is where the real fun comes in.)

Questions, comments, etc. are welcome. Hope to get this started soon!
                        "It is a simple matter to erect a Hall of Fame, but difficult to select the tenants." -- Ken Smith
                        "I am led to suspect that some of the electorate is very dumb." -- Henry P. Edwards
                        "You have a Hall of Fame to put people in, not keep people out." -- Brian Kenny
                        "There's no such thing as a perfect ballot." -- Jay Jaffe

Comment

team name

My team name for user JayLans is the "Blue Mountain Athletics" and I will play in the DH league. I look forward to the draft and any information regarding its particulars since I am new to this league.

Comment

About managerial profiles ... are you going to give us an outline that we are going to fill out, or are we coming up with stuff from scratch?
                            AL East Champions: 1981 1982
                            AL Pennant: 1982
                            NL Central Champions: 2011
                            NL Wild Card: 2008

"It was like coming this close to your dreams and then watching them brush past you like a stranger in a crowd. At the time you don't think much of it; you know, we just don't recognize the significant moments of our lives while they're happening. Back then I thought, 'Well, there'll be other days.' I didn't realize that that was the only day." - Moonlight Graham

Comment

I'll give you the outline for the managerial profile after the draft is complete. Just fill it out and return it to me then.
                              "It is a simple matter to erect a Hall of Fame, but difficult to select the tenants." -- Ken Smith
                              "I am led to suspect that some of the electorate is very dumb." -- Henry P. Edwards
                              "You have a Hall of Fame to put people in, not keep people out." -- Brian Kenny
                              "There's no such thing as a perfect ballot." -- Jay Jaffe

Comment

team name/draft

TO THE COMMISSIONER, I am changing my team to the Philadelphia Athletics in order to comply with league guidelines. I prefer to play in the DH league.
                                Regarding the draft, I am curious as to how it is held. Will there be a live draft or do we go ahead and pick players and then turn our rosters into you. I am familiar with certain exclusive rights drafts where no one player can be drafted more than once.
                                Any information would be appreciated. Thank you.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X