Anyone want to play a 1922 SOM SIM??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone want to play a 1922 SOM SIM??

Does anyone want to play a draft league from 1922. I have both leagues plus a Negro League. We can do it all through e-mail?

let me know.
    This week's Giant

#5 in games played as a Giant with 1721 , Bill Terry

how it will work.

I will post the free agents. We will have a draft GMs send lineups. Then I will post results, every few games. GMs can make changes as they see fit.

Anyone with over 200 ABs can play all year. There are no keepers, as I don't have 1923.

it would be great if anyone wants to play.
    This week's Giant

Comment

I'm in, I'd say.
      “There can be no higher law in journalism than to tell the truth and to shame the devil.” Walter Lippmann

"I don't care if the guy is yellow or black, or if he has stripes like a ******* zebra. I'm the manager of this team and I say he [Robinson] plays." - Leo Durocher

Comment

Originally posted by 1905 Giants View Post
        I'm in, I'd say.
        awesome more to follow
        This week's Giant

Comment

I got your PM. I'm in.

Comment

Count me in.

Comment

JR, I tried to reply to your PM but couldn't send it for some reason. I'll play if there's still room.

Comment

OK this is who has agreed to play. AWESOME!!!

Stieb37
                Chadwick
                Toledo inquisition
                Brett
                Big Ron
                jjpm74
                JR Hart
                Cougar
                1905 Giants

There are also up to five others who are not BBF members.

I will post more tonight.
                This week's Giant

Comment

Great group of peeps. Looking forward to learning about 1922 baseball and having some fun along the way!
                  "It is a simple matter to erect a Hall of Fame, but difficult to select the tenants." -- Ken Smith
                  "I am led to suspect that some of the electorate is very dumb." -- Henry P. Edwards
                  "You have a Hall of Fame to put people in, not keep people out." -- Brian Kenny
                  "There's no such thing as a perfect ballot." -- Jay Jaffe

Comment

Originally posted by JR Hart View Post
                    Anyone with over 200 ABs can play all year. There are no keepers, as I don't have 1923.
                    Does this mean players with fewer than 200 AB are limited to their real-life number of AB that year while those with 200+ AB are "unlimited"?

Is there a similar IP threshold for pitchers?
                    "It is a simple matter to erect a Hall of Fame, but difficult to select the tenants." -- Ken Smith
                    "I am led to suspect that some of the electorate is very dumb." -- Henry P. Edwards

Comment

Originally posted by Chadwick View Post
                      Does this mean players with fewer than 200 AB are limited to their real-life number of AB that year while those with 200+ AB are "unlimited"?

Is there a similar IP threshold for pitchers?
                      Yes

But I would actually like for those with less than 200 ABs to be limited to pinch hitting only, so I don't have to keep track of the ABs. We can discuss.

pitchers is 150 innings. I would also like to limit those with 150 or less to relief only, but we can discuss.
                      Last edited by JR Hart; 03-12-2020, 08:59 PM.
                      This week's Giant

Comment

I am 2/3 of the way making the free agent list. I will have a ton of info tomorrow.

Right now I am going to practice posting data, so ignore these posts. They are for practice.

This week's Giant

Comment

It's not working well. It used to work so well. We may have to play the league through e mail. Oddly enough, e mail posts the data, boxscores, info perfectly. i'm in an e mail league now, run by someone else and it works fine

unless anyone here knows how to post data here with it getting scrambled

SOOOOOOOOOOOO.... If all managers can pm me an e mail address along with a team name. I can send out free agent info this weekend with all free agent info for you to study and we can draft next week.

We will use stadium effects. We can pick stadiums this weekend, if I can get all of the e-mails.

PS we have 13 total managers (nine from BBF), I'd like 14, so we can have 2 divisions of 7. If you know anyone that might want in, let me know.
                          Last edited by JR Hart; 03-12-2020, 09:32 PM.
                          This week's Giant

Comment

Originally posted by JR Hart View Post

Yes

But I would actually like for those with less than 200 ABs to be limited to pinch hitting only, so I don't have to keep track of the ABs. We can discuss.

pitchers is 150 innings. I would also like to limit those with 150 or less to relief only, but we can discuss.
                            That's certainly sufficient given the number of MLB players who meet those thresholds plus the potential Negro League additions. Solid cut-offs.

Comment

Still need Stieb37 e-mail. Then I have everyone's and I can send out free agent list.
                              This week's Giant

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X