I finally did it (Strat-O-Matic)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I finally did it (Strat-O-Matic)

I finally got the 1905 Giants Strat-O-Matic team.
    “There can be no higher law in journalism than to tell the truth and to shame the devil.” Walter Lippmann

"Fill in any figure you want for that boy (Mantle). Whatever the figure, it's a deal." - Branch Rickey

Originally posted by 1905 Giants View Post
    I finally got the 1905 Giants Strat-O-Matic team.
    How appropriate.

The cards? I have the computer season but not the cards.
    Put it in the books.

Comment

The cards yeah. I play old school
      “There can be no higher law in journalism than to tell the truth and to shame the devil.” Walter Lippmann

"Fill in any figure you want for that boy (Mantle). Whatever the figure, it's a deal." - Branch Rickey

Comment

I also got the 1962 Mets. I want to see if they could beat any of my other teams. Depends on the roll of the dice.

Comment

I also got the 1962 Mets. I want to see if they could beat any of my other teams. Depends on the roll of the dice.
          I once had the Pro football version for the 1976 season and played that season. The results had Tampa Bay going to the Super Bowl
          27 World Championships
          22 retired numbers
          Isn't it great to be a Yankee fan?
          Baseball was, is, and always will be to me the best sport-Babe Ruth

Comment

Originally posted by dwj21792 View Post

I once had the Pro football version for the 1976 season and played that season. The results had Tampa Bay going to the Super Bowl
            Nice. Yeah you never know.

Comment

Nice. Yeah you never know.
              I'm not saying you could get the 62 Mets to the World Series. I probably couldn't repeat that result if I tried 1000 times.
              But it goes to show anything can happen. It's the roll of the dice as you said.
              27 World Championships
              22 retired numbers
              Isn't it great to be a Yankee fan?
              Baseball was, is, and always will be to me the best sport-Babe Ruth

Comment

I did a replay of the '62 season earlier this year using SOM. I re-did the NL expansion draft (acting as the Mets) and made some decisions about offseason transactions heading into the year. The roster was slightly different/better than real life.

Even then, my much-improved Mets still lost 100 games (101 to be exact). I can't imagine doing better than that with their real-life roster.

The '62 Mets are one tough nut to crack.
                "It is a simple matter to erect a Hall of Fame, but difficult to select the tenants." -- Ken Smith
                "I am led to suspect that some of the electorate is very dumb." -- Henry P. Edwards
                "You have a Hall of Fame to put people in, not keep people out." -- Brian Kenny
                "There's no such thing as a perfect ballot." -- Jay Jaffe

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X