Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Erik Bedard
    replied
    I think that for this, you'll need a DB. The Lahman DB generally is considered to be the best.

Once you've done that, open OOTP. Start a new league with the number of teams and equivalencies that you want. Then, clear all the rosters. There should be an option that allows you to do this at the bottom of the page. If all the fictional players are FAs, then click "Delete all Free Agents", and they're gone. Then, click import historical player, type in the ID (if you don't know how to find this, go to the player's page on BR, their ID is in the URL), select a year, then select how the potential is rated. If you're taking the player's entire career, then I suggest peak seasons. You may want to bump the progression speed up a little in case the overall is lower than the peak.

It's a little time consuming, but it generally gives good results, and you can get literally anybody.

Leave a comment:

• philkid3
    replied
    Alright, here's something else I need help with. I would like to run an all-time season, but I'm not really sure how to do that.

Basically, I'd like Babe Ruth, Mickey Mantle and Derek Jeter in their primes at the same time. Anyone got an idea?

Leave a comment:

• philkid3
    replied
    Nevermind, I figured it out. I wasn't expecting game date to be in a completely different section of the computer.

Leave a comment:

• Erik Bedard
    replied
    I'm not at my home computer right now, but I'll check it out and try and give a more precise explanation when I get home.

The best I can do right now is say that you might want to try looking in the data folder for a folder called "saved_games", or just search for that.

Leave a comment:

• philkid3
    replied
    Okay, so I can't find the saved games folder. I really can't find much of anything.

The directory isn't like other games.

Leave a comment:

• philkid3
    replied
    Originally posted by Erik Bedard View Post
    Ah, I see. For that, you're going to need to download it. Then simply unzip into your saved games folder, open up OOTP, go to load saved game, and it should be there.
    Thanks. I wasn't sure what folder to put it in or how to open it.

Leave a comment:

• Erik Bedard
    replied
    Ah, I see. For that, you're going to need to download it. Then simply unzip into your saved games folder, open up OOTP, go to load saved game, and it should be there.

Leave a comment:

• philkid3
    replied
    Originally posted by Erik Bedard View Post
    Is it a DB, such as Lahman?
    It's the first one.

Leave a comment:

• Erik Bedard
    replied
    Is it a DB, such as Lahman?

Leave a comment:

• philkid3
    started a topic OotP8 Help

OotP8 Help

I found me a downloadable 2008 roster update for OotP, but I'm not exactly sure how to integrate it to the game.

I may have an idea, but I'm not computer savy enough to be certain I won't screw up, so I was wondering if someone could tell me what to do.

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X