Baseball video games for 2008

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baseball video games for 2008

Reading the thread for the top 5 baseball video games of all time has got me the itch to get a new game for 2008. I know they all aren't out yet, but which one would do you think would be the best to get? I like games with realistic stadiums, old time stadiums, great franchise modes and of course good game play. I bought 2K7 last year and was disappointed. I have a PS2. Any suggestions and why?

MLB: The Show is much, much, much better than the 2k7 series.

I've got both of them and I much prefer The Show. When MLB08 comes out next month...GET IT.
    sigpic

Comment

I was leaning towards "The Show." I think it comes out March 4. There's not as much to choose from as there was a few years ago, that's for sure. Or I could go with buying a used older game. Alot of people liked MVP05.......

Comment

do you guys know if the rosters in the show are going to be current enough to include johan on the mets?

Comment

Originally posted by MSchvatz44 View Post
          do you guys know if the rosters in the show are going to be current enough to include johan on the mets?
          Yes. Upload the current rosters when you play the ps2 online.
          Click here to see my autographed 8x10 collection

Comment

MVP 08 will be out from MVPMods.com. Upgrades MVP 2005 to MVP 2008. That's already out as a Beta, but it's 80% done and still has some bugs regarding stadiums.
            "They put me in the Hall of Fame? They must really be scraping the bottom of the barrel!"
            -Eppa Rixey, upon learning of his induction to the Baseball Hall of Fame.

Motafy (MO-ta-fy) vt. -fied, -fying 1. For a pitcher to melt down in a big game situation; to become like Guillermo Mota. 2. The transformation of a good pitcher into one of Guillermo Mota's caliber.

Comment

Will any of the 08 games be on the Wii platform? I'm hoping for The Show, as I've owned it for PS2.

I'm not a big fan of the cartoonish games like The Bigs.
              "Herman Franks to Sal Yvars to Bobby Thomson. Ralph Branca to Bobby Thomson to Helen Rita... cue Russ Hodges."

Comment

The Show is made by Sony, so they certainly won't make it for a console that they don't make themselves. That leaves 2K8, which will be on the Wii.

Comment

Originally posted by Dalkowski110 View Post
                  MVP 08 will be out from MVPMods.com. Upgrades MVP 2005 to MVP 2008. That's already out as a Beta, but it's 80% done and still has some bugs regarding stadiums.

Is that just for PC?

Comment

Yes. It is only for the PC.
                    "They put me in the Hall of Fame? They must really be scraping the bottom of the barrel!"
                    -Eppa Rixey, upon learning of his induction to the Baseball Hall of Fame.

Motafy (MO-ta-fy) vt. -fied, -fying 1. For a pitcher to melt down in a big game situation; to become like Guillermo Mota. 2. The transformation of a good pitcher into one of Guillermo Mota's caliber.

Comment

Get The Show 08. 2K games are a bust and I spit on whoever is dumb enough to spend money on them.

Comment

Well I just got a Wii, so I may be getting MLB 2K8. 2K Sports does make some decent games. I LOVE MLB 2K5: World Series Edition. Also, the 2K football games were great.

Comment

The 2K games are good if you're looking to play an arcade game but if you want realism play The Show games because the graphics, movements and cutscenes are way better, and plus the voices don't screw up every game and players don't run through walls.

Comment

I'm definitely getting the Show again this year. It's visually so stunning and judging by the demo it looks like it'll be such a good game.

I was dissappointed to see that EA won't even be bringing out an NCAA game this year. I have MVP 06 and I thought that it had the best gameplay of any baseball game I had played and I now wish I had bought 07 aswell.

The stuff those people have been doing with MVP 05 seems like it will be a good enough replacement though. What they did for the MVP 07 mod was simply amazing so I'm looking foreward to seeing what they've done for 08.

Also, no one has mention Pro Yakyu Spirits 5. I know it's not MLB and I know it's only in Japanese and I know it's only on sale in Japan but nonetheless it looks like a solid game.
                            Greystones Mariners Baseball Club. The oldest baseball club in Ireland. 16 years and still going strong.

www.greystonesbaseball.org

Comment

2K8 will be a better game than the Show next this year. The game was rushed, and even the designer realizes it sucked. If you check out the 2ksports forums, there is plenty of info on MLB 2k8.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X