Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did I draft a good team or does it Blow???

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Did I draft a good team or does it Blow???

    Here Is my fantasy team from Yahoo.

    C Victor Matinez
    1B Nick Swisher
    2B Tadahito Iguchi
    3B Shea Hillenbrand
    SS Omar Vizquel
    OF Vladimir Guerrero
    OF Preston Wilson
    OF Kevin Mench
    Util Carl Everett
    Util Gary Matthews Jr.
    Bn Rickie Weeks
    Bn Joe Mauer
    SP Jake Peavy
    SP Ben Sheets ( Or Burnett )
    RP Scott Linebrink
    RP Justin Duchsherer
    P A.J. Burnett ( or Sheets )
    P Livan Hernandez
    P Brandon Webb
    BN Jarrod Washburn
    BN Bronson Arroyo
    BN Chad Orvella
    Rest in Peace Jose Fernandez (1992-2016)

  • #2
    It depends a LOT upon whether you're going up against two guys or a dozen but you're AWESOMELY solid at catcher and have a pretty good rotation and at least one NICE outfielder
    Mythical SF Chronicle scouting report: "That Jeff runs like a deer. Unfortunately, he also hits AND throws like one." I am Venus DeMilo - NO ARM! I can play like a big leaguer, I can field like Luzinski, run like Lombardi. The secret to managing is keeping the ones who hate you away from the undecided ones. I am a triumph of quantity over quality. I'm almost useful, every village needs an idiot.
    Good traders: MadHatter(2), BoofBonser26, StormSurge

    Comment


    • #3
      Who's closing?

      I would look at getting some more depth in the infield. Vizquel and Hillenbrand won't cut it. Also, Swisher may not be eligible at 1B in some leagues.
      WAR? Prove it!

      Trusted Traders: ttmman21, Dalkowski110, BoofBonser26, Kearns643, HudsonHarden, Extra Innings, MadHatter, Mike D., J.P., SShifflett

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by HankAaron86
        Here Is my fantasy team from Yahoo.

        C Victor Matinez
        1B Nick Swisher
        2B Tadahito Iguchi
        3B Shea Hillenbrand
        SS Omar Vizquel
        OF Vladimir Guerrero
        OF Preston Wilson
        OF Kevin Mench
        Util Carl Everett
        Util Gary Matthews Jr.
        Bn Rickie Weeks
        Bn Joe Mauer
        SP Jake Peavy
        SP Ben Sheets ( Or Burnett )
        RP Scott Linebrink
        RP Justin Duchsherer
        P A.J. Burnett ( or Sheets )
        P Livan Hernandez
        P Brandon Webb
        BN Jarrod Washburn
        BN Bronson Arroyo
        BN Chad Orvella

        Now that's why you didn't register any teams in the OFF-TRAN GAME !!!
        TheKingofKings
        KJ
        Last edited by TheKingofKings; 03-01-2006, 06:47 PM.

        Comment


        • #5
          SP and P don't matter if you switched them around.


          This team is OK. My prediction for you is 3rd to 8th.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by whosyourpapi
            Now that's why you didn't register any teams in the OFF-TRAN GAME !!!

            What is that supposed to mean!!??
            Rest in Peace Jose Fernandez (1992-2016)

            Comment


            • #7
              I'm ranked 3rd out of 16th currently.

              I am in another league and I did a better job drafting...

              C Javy Lopez
              1B Chad Tracy
              2B Placido Polanco
              3B Aramis Ramirez
              SS Rafeal Furcal
              OF Vlad
              OF Geoff Jenkins
              OF Vernon Wells
              Util Sean Casey
              BN Milton Bradley
              BN Shea Hillenbrand
              BN Luis Castillo
              BN David Dellucci

              SP Jake Peavy
              SP Chris Capuano
              RP B.J. Ryan
              RP Eddie Guadardo
              P Justin Duchsherer
              P Kyle Farnsworth
              P Livan Hernandez
              DL Ben Sheets

              In this one I am ranked 4th out of 16 yesterday I was ranked 7th.
              Rest in Peace Jose Fernandez (1992-2016)

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by HankAaron86
                Here Is my fantasy team from Yahoo.

                C Victor Matinez
                1B Nick Swisher
                2B Tadahito Iguchi
                3B Shea Hillenbrand
                SS Omar Vizquel
                OF Vladimir Guerrero
                OF Preston Wilson
                OF Kevin Mench
                Util Carl Everett
                Util Gary Matthews Jr.
                Bn Rickie Weeks
                Bn Joe Mauer
                SP Jake Peavy
                SP Ben Sheets ( Or Burnett )
                RP Scott Linebrink
                RP Justin Duchsherer
                P A.J. Burnett ( or Sheets )
                P Livan Hernandez
                P Brandon Webb
                BN Jarrod Washburn
                BN Bronson Arroyo
                BN Chad Orvella
                Looks like a solid team and you may have enough depth later in the year to trade for what you do need.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Ok, I could use some advice. This is the first time I've ever done fantasy baseball, and keep in mind, I just let Yahoo do the drafting for me cause I was gone.

                  * Guys I absolutely will not get rid of.

                  C - K. Johjima
                  1B - D. Lee
                  1B - P. Konerko
                  2B - M. Giles
                  3B - A. Ramírez
                  3B - H. Blaylock
                  SS - J. Reyes*
                  OF - M. Ramirez
                  OF - B. Abreu
                  OF - C. Lee
                  OF - C. Floyd
                  UT - J. Pierre

                  SP - P. Martínez (might propose for Santana?)
                  SP - D. Willis
                  SP - M. Buehrle
                  SP - M. Prior
                  SP - B. Webb
                  SP - CC. Sabathia
                  SP - D. Davis

                  RP - B. Wagner
                  RP - E. Guardado

                  Pending trades:

                  Giving: Pierre, Abreu
                  Getting: A. Jones, D. Turnbow

                  Giving: K. Johjima, D. Lee (he's a huge Cubby fan)
                  Getting: J. Mauer, C. Crawford

                  Recent rejected trade:

                  Giving: M. Ramirez, Guardado
                  Getting: Pujols

                  -------------

                  Maybe I'm going about this wrong, trying to get my favorite players, but oh well.
                  Sultan_1895-1948
                  Prince of Pounders
                  Last edited by Sultan_1895-1948; 04-05-2006, 03:19 PM.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Sultan_1895-1948
                    Ok, I could use some advice. This is the first time I've ever done fantasy baseball, and keep in mind, I just let Yahoo do the drafting for me cause I was gone.

                    * Guys I absolutely will not get rid of.

                    C - K. Johjima
                    1B - D. Lee
                    1B - P. Konerko
                    2B - M. Giles
                    3B - A. Ramírez
                    3B - H. Blaylock
                    SS - J. Reyes*
                    OF - M. Ramirez
                    OF - B. Abreu
                    OF - C. Lee
                    OF - C. Floyd
                    UT - J. Pierre

                    SP - P. Martínez (might propose for Santana?)
                    SP - D. Willis
                    SP - M. Buehrle
                    SP - M. Prior
                    SP - B. Webb
                    SP - CC. Sabathia
                    SP - D. Davis

                    RP - B. Wagner
                    RP - E. Guardado

                    Pending trades:

                    Giving: Pierre, Abreu
                    Getting: A. Jones, D. Turnbow

                    Giving: K. Johjima, D. Lee (he's a huge Cubby fan)
                    Getting: J. Mauer, C. Crawford

                    Recent rejected trade:

                    Giving: M. Ramirez, Guardado
                    Getting: Pujols

                    -------------

                    Maybe I'm going about this wrong, trying to get my favorite players, but oh well.
                    Great team! How many people are in your league?
                    GOT ALBERT?
                    St. Louis Cardinals BBFTG Website
                    http://www.freewebs.com/bbftg6/

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Gashouse6
                      Great team! How many people are in your league?
                      Only 6.

                      I'm hopin I get Mauer. Already tried to pry Poo-holes away from one guy, but he ain't budgin' (understandably).

                      Do you think I should package Pedro with someone and try to get Santana? How does Petie usually perform in fantasy? Do his low inning totals have an effect? Any advice would be appreciated; first time doing this.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        C Javy Lopez
                        1B Chad Tracy
                        2B Placido Polanco
                        3B Aramis Ramirez*
                        SS Rafeal Furcal
                        OF Vlad *
                        OF Geoff Jenkins
                        OF Vernon Wells
                        Util Sean Casey
                        BN Milton Bradley
                        BN Shea Hillenbrand
                        BN Luis Castillo
                        BN David Dellucci

                        SP Jake Peavy*
                        SP Chris Capuano
                        RP B.J. Ryan
                        RP Eddie Guadardo
                        P Justin Duchsherer
                        P Kyle Farnsworth
                        P Livan Hernandez
                        DL Ben Sheets

                        Here's my team in another league of 12.

                        Pending trades:
                        V.Wells and S.Casey for B.Abreu and N. Swisher ( he can play first )
                        Rest in Peace Jose Fernandez (1992-2016)

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          here's another how good is my team

                          pay no attention to the order, i'm obviously an astros fan andtried to get a couple of them. i think i will do pretty well this year. I wish i had another ace though.

                          1B M. Teixeira
                          2B C. Biggio
                          3B M. Ensberg
                          SS F. López
                          OF L. Berkman
                          OF C. Granderson
                          OF J. Lane
                          Util J. Kent
                          BN T. Glaus
                          BN A. Dunn
                          BN J. Willingham
                          BN M. Ellis

                          Pitching

                          SP B. Arroyo
                          SP M. Cain
                          RP J. Nathan
                          RP F. Cordero
                          P B. Jenks
                          P J. Vázquez
                          P F. Rodney
                          BN Z. Duke
                          BN C. Schilling

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by holyroman
                            pay no attention to the order, i'm obviously an astros fan andtried to get a couple of them. i think i will do pretty well this year. I wish i had another ace though.

                            1B M. Teixeira
                            2B C. Biggio
                            3B M. Ensberg
                            SS F. López
                            OF L. Berkman
                            OF C. Granderson
                            OF J. Lane
                            Util J. Kent
                            BN T. Glaus
                            BN A. Dunn
                            BN J. Willingham
                            BN M. Ellis

                            Pitching

                            SP B. Arroyo
                            SP M. Cain
                            RP J. Nathan
                            RP F. Cordero
                            P B. Jenks
                            P J. Vázquez
                            P F. Rodney
                            BN Z. Duke
                            BN C. Schilling

                            WOAH!!! You should have Duke and Schilling at Starting Pitcher. And Jeff Kent is now on the DL. Adam Dunn should replace Granderson at outfield. And put Josh Willingham at catcher!!
                            Rest in Peace Jose Fernandez (1992-2016)

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              what!! kent on the DL. what did he do get in a fist fight with a team mate?

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X